Rosewater by Heritage Products

Rosewater by Heritage Products
Rose Petals Rosewater by Heritage Products

4.4

Vor Mag Water, Hydroessential Rose Oil

First of all I thought this was real rosewater but it's just water with rose oil in it. Secondly it doesn't smell nice like the real rose water I had (smells like citronella/bug spray). Also the bottle doesn't say anything about using it on the face, and it was $9 for a small bottle which was WAY overpriced.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I realize I'm in the minority here but I feel I have to warn anyone with very sensitive skin about this product. It's not true rose water first of all, it's more like a rose essential oil mixed in with water. The smell is off. I got this at Whole Foods and wanted to use this as a toner. It ended up clogging all of my pores (one HUGE red flag to beware of if you are prone to clogged pores), and made my face red. Sadly had to return it after just 1 week. My face looked awful using this and it broke me out. After I stopped using it, my skin cleared up again.

on 3/19/2015 6:38:00 AM

I brought this to try due to the good review and i like the rose scent a lot. I'm not one who love rose scent so this is something that surprise me. It isn't heavy and it fade away quickly. The pink bottle is cute but the description on the back of the bottle is quite funny yet interesting. After using this and then apply my moisturizer, i find that i am not that oilier than usual. Will repurchase this but i only wish it come in a bigger bottle as i can only get this online.

Update: It causes acne for me. Won't repurchase.

I am sorry to give this product a negative review, since all 17 reviewers before me were so happy with it!

After reading about its soothing and lightly-moisturizing properties, I was interested to try rosewater as a toner.

My preference would have been to get food-grade rosewater that is meant for cooking, but I couldn't find any at the supermarkets in my area, and the prices of that type of rosewater on Amazon were too high for what what it was.

Therefore, I ended up getting a small spray bottle of this Heritage Rose Water at a health foods store for about $6 -- even though I am dubious about the idea of "Vor-Mag" water, and find the "recommended by Edgar Cayce" notation on the bottle to be off-putting (you can look him up on Wikipedia), which of course is the opposite of the company's intention.

Positives
+The small bottle is a nice size
+The sprayer works well
+The price isn't bad
+The scent is light and pleasant, not too heavy or cloying (as I had feared it might be) - and I'm not a big rose-fragrance person. The scent disappears after about 15 minutes.
+The product is simple, just 2 ingredients, and seems pretty natural and pure
+The spray felt refreshing
+The product did seem to be a little moisturizing in a very light way, which was just what I wanted
+it didn't break me out, in the short time that I used it

Negatives
-I agree with a previous reviewer that the bright pink bottle with so much writing on it is a little unattractive, but that's not a big issue for me
-As I mentioned above, the whole "vor-mag" and "Cayce" thing isn't my cup of tea
-The third day I used it, about the fifth time in total that I had ever used it on my face (I only put it on when my skin was bare and clean), after 30 minutes I began to have a reaction to it. My face felt really hot. After a further 15 minutes of not knowing what was going on (thinking I was coming down with the flu or something), I realized that it might be the rosewater toner and I washed the product off, then put cool-water compresses on my burning skin afterwards. It was a strange feeling - like having a high fever without being internally ill. This lasted for an additional half an hour. I still wasn't sure it was due to the product, because my skin didn't look as red as I would have expected it to.

To make sure that the burning sensation had been due to the product and not a bizarre passing fever, several hours later, after my skin was completely back to normal, I sprayed a little of the product on one area of one cheek, and left it to dry. After 15 minutes, that one area started to feel hot, so I washed it off. I won't use the rosewater anymore.

I do have sensitivities to a number of natural products, foods, pollens, animals' dander, etc., so it would not surprise me if I were also sensitive to rose oil.

---
By the way, if you are interested in seeing more opinions about this and similar rosewater products, many members have reviewed this product under the alternate MUA listing of "Toners - Unlisted Brand - Rosewater" (it has 65 reviews at the moment.)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I gave this product 3 stars cause I feel like it's overrated. I guess I was expecting too much, lol, but to me it's just a really nice smelling mist in a bottle for $7. I guess it's refreshing for a hot summer day or if you have a sunburn, allergic reaction, etc. but to me it's not all that worth it. I do love the smell of roses though, but that's about it. I feel like I'd rather make a green tea spray or cucumber spray which is free (since I have it in my house already) and it'd feel just as refreshing with the same effects.

on 10/9/2017 1:33:00 PM

I love this product. Yes, it is expensive, which is a little annoying, but I feel it's worth it because it's such an awesome multitasker. I keep one bottle of this in my fridge, next to my huge bottle of witch hazel. I like to use the cold witch hazel as a toner after cleansing or using masks, and I follow this with a spritz of cold rose water and let my skin rest for a while before putting on any moisturizer or whatever. If my eyes are puffy or irritated from allergies or crying, I'll use eyedrops and then moisten two cotton rounds with the witch hazel and rosewater and leave them on my eyes for a few minutes. (Be careful- witch hazel stings a bit if you get it in your eyes!) This feels super comforting and rejuvenating.

I also keep one in my purse- I really like to spritz this on my face as a pick-me-up in the middle of the day. I also like to use this on my hair; followed by a drop of Argan oil, and then I'll braid or bun it and leave it. When I wear makeup, I use this as a makeup setting spray, but if you like a super-matte, powdery look then stay away because this looks really glowy and moisturizer. I like the glowy, fresh look of moisturized skin so this really works well for me. I think this has helped keep my skin clear; but I do so much to keep my skin clear already it's hard to tell. But aside from that, I feel like this makes my skin just look healthier. Maybe I'm imagining things but I feel like this has made my skin tone more even too.

All in all, I love this product. I love the scent and how it leaves my skin and hair feeling really clean, comforted and moisturized. Great for use as a toner, a pick-me-up, smoothing frizzies, and setting makeup. I also spritz this on my pillow before bed to leave a pretty scent.

Also, a side note. IT'S SO PRETTY AND PINK AND GIRLY!! How can I not love the neon pink bottle?? Makes me feel good just to look at it, lol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Mmmm rose water spray! I put the bottle in my fridge and use it as a make up finishing spray and also it's the best for when you've just come from the gym, a run, or just exhausted from work and you spray your face with this and it feels so good! After a nice, hot bath, this is great to spray all over, too. Right before bed, so relaxing and calming. Needless to say, I have and will be repurchasing.

I consider this a little luxury item. Not that it's expensive or anything but it feels so nice! I spray before my moisturizer application and also after I put on make up as a finishing spray. Refreshes my hair, sometimes I spray it all over before bed. Will repurchase and will also try their lavender version.

on 7/19/2016 7:49:00 PM

So when I bought this, I got it for $7 on Amazon and it took me three days to finally confirm the order because I kept thinking "How stupid am I to pay $7 for WATER? This is such BS. Special water with roses? What am I doing?"

Well as it turns out, it's not actually BS. I have dry, acne-prone skin. I bought this to be a "refresher" spray (I just poured some in a little travel size spray bottle) that I hoped wouldn't irritate my skin or mess up my makeup. I wanted something to use on an upcoming 12 hour flight and also generally throughout the summer. The rose water has been surprisingly great! It perks up/refreshes my skin when I spray it on and doesn't mess up my makeup at all. It hasn't caused any negative skin reactions (irritation, dryness, acne or otherwise) for me in the six weeks I have been using it. I use it after rinsing my face in the morning in place of daytime moisturizer and I think it makes my skin feel a tiny bit less dry. While I can't get past the idea that it's coincidental, I've also had less breakouts - quite a bit less - on my chin since I started with the rose water. Further, when I spray it on and then apply my CC cream, it works well for thinning out the CC coverage just the right amount.

It feels like water and smells like roses. I don't know what this product is really supposed to do or how, but I'm glad I have it!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is my HG toner. The smell is great, it doesn't dry me out or break me out, and it's very gentle. I feel so clean when I use this after washing my face.

Popular Fragrances