Rosewater by Heritage Products

4.5

Vor Mag Water, Hydroessential Rose Oil

on 5/22/2018 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'd contemplated buying this product for a while. One day it was on sale at my local farmer's market (the 8fl oz bottle was $8) so I went for it. The ingredients are as follows: "Vor-mag Water (water that has been vortexed & magnetized to raise the energy to a higher vibration that we believe to be more beneficial) & Rosa Damascena (Hydroessential Rose) Flower Oil." Being my extra self, this spoke to me (along with the fact that the bottle touts the claim that this has been used in Edgar Cayce Readings... like yes. I am here for that.)

As a child I disliked rose scents. As a teenager I had an abusive ex who loved roses, so I developed a negative association with roses in general. IDK what changed (maybe getting older, acquiring a more developed scent palette, & healing from the past) but I started becoming obsessed with rose-scented things. They just smell so good to me now. So I use this rosewater mainly to spritz on my face before bed, to relax. Especially in the summer it feels so nice & is a welcome relief from the Texas heat. I'll sometimes use it as a body splash or to freshen up a room. On the Heritage Products website it says it can also be used for cooking, bathing, or to dilute oils for skincare.

In my experience, this stuff lasts forever. The rose smell itself dissipates fairly quickly (it's not a perfume or anything by any means)... but as for the actual rosewater spray itself... I use it often, have had my current bottle for at least 6 months, & I'm still have about 75% of the bottle left. The packaging is sturdy with a good pump, & simple, so it matches my aesthetic. When I run out I'll definitely repurchase because it's an inexpensive & easy way to get my rose fix.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using Heritage Store Rosewater for about a month now & I must echo the many positive reviews on here. It really is good stuff! I have extremely sensitive skin which has always been a bane in my life. Oil based ingredients, fragrances & many other irritative ingredients in common beauty products often cause cystic breakouts on my skin that can take a week or longer to heal. After reading all the glowing reviews about this rosewater, I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did!

I purchased mine through Walmart.com for a little under $10 (another plus!). The spray bottle contains 4oz of product. While the packaging is fairly plain, I will say that the spray nozzle works really well! It delivers an even spray & has yet to clog or leak. I have purchased more expensive products in the past that still managed to leak & clog, so kudos to Heritage Store for it's sturdy packaging! For such a cheap & seemingly basic product, this rosewater really does deliver in a more slightly subtle way & it has fast became a staple in my skincare routine. I like to use it as a toner after washing my face & it really does calm my sensitive skin. Once I have toned & applied serum to my face & neck, I spritz this rosewater on my fingers & mix it with my Skinmedica ha5 Hyaluronic Acid Hydrator, then apply it to my face. All of these products combined leave my face extremely hydrated & cushiony without being greasy. I'm not sure what kind of results this would produce on its own, but it fits in perfectly with my current skincare repertoire, like a missing link I didn't know I had needed. I also like to spray myself with this when I get too hot, which in Florida, is all the time. lol. It makes a great midday refresher! I plan to purchase another bottle to keep in my fridge, solely for that purpose. Oh, did I mention it smells great too? Like a rosegarden, yet it isn't cloying & it doesn't linger any longer than 15-20 minutes.

I highly recommend this product, especially those with sensitive skin. I am so glad I tried it! Also, I want to give a big "Thank you!" to my fellow MUA'ers who recommended this product! You guys are so awesome!

I mostly bought this as an aromatherapy pick-me-up to keep in my purse; rose is a natural antidepressant and stress reliever. I work in a hospital and strong fragrances aren't allowed. I can spritz myself with 10-20 sprays of Heritage Rosewater and enjoy the fresh, light rose scent... which dissipates almost completely within 5 minutes, so I don't offend my patients. It lasts slightly longer on clothing, but still only an hour, tops. I wouldn't buy this expecting to use it as a perfume or body spray, despite what the label states, unless you are content to smell like nothing at all after a few minutes.

I do use this as a facial mist, as well, although I haven't noticed any amazing changes in my skin. I don't have any irritation or rosecea on my skin; I've heard rosewater is helpful for those conditions but I wouldn't know. Mostly, it just feels refreshing and smells good for a brief moment in time. Sometimes, that's all you want.

The only ingredients in this product are water and natural rose extract-- no alcohol, no synthetic fragrances. My daughter adds it to her sparkling water because she loves the Indian-inspired flavor of rosewater! It's a bit expensive for that purpose, though. The translucent hot-pink bottle is adorable. Would definitely recommend this as a refreshing in-the-moment aromatherapy treat that won't leave you with a lingering fragrance. I might be trolling my local Indian grocery soon to see if they sell cheaper alternatives, as I suspect this product suffers from Whole Paycheck Markup Syndrome.

on 10/9/2017 1:33:00 PM

I love this product. Yes, it is expensive, which is a little annoying, but I feel it's worth it because it's such an awesome multitasker. I keep one bottle of this in my fridge, next to my huge bottle of witch hazel. I like to use the cold witch hazel as a toner after cleansing or using masks, and I follow this with a spritz of cold rose water and let my skin rest for a while before putting on any moisturizer or whatever. If my eyes are puffy or irritated from allergies or crying, I'll use eyedrops and then moisten two cotton rounds with the witch hazel and rosewater and leave them on my eyes for a few minutes. (Be careful- witch hazel stings a bit if you get it in your eyes!) This feels super comforting and rejuvenating.

I also keep one in my purse- I really like to spritz this on my face as a pick-me-up in the middle of the day. I also like to use this on my hair; followed by a drop of Argan oil, and then I'll braid or bun it and leave it. When I wear makeup, I use this as a makeup setting spray, but if you like a super-matte, powdery look then stay away because this looks really glowy and moisturizer. I like the glowy, fresh look of moisturized skin so this really works well for me. I think this has helped keep my skin clear; but I do so much to keep my skin clear already it's hard to tell. But aside from that, I feel like this makes my skin just look healthier. Maybe I'm imagining things but I feel like this has made my skin tone more even too.

All in all, I love this product. I love the scent and how it leaves my skin and hair feeling really clean, comforted and moisturized. Great for use as a toner, a pick-me-up, smoothing frizzies, and setting makeup. I also spritz this on my pillow before bed to leave a pretty scent.

Also, a side note. IT'S SO PRETTY AND PINK AND GIRLY!! How can I not love the neon pink bottle?? Makes me feel good just to look at it, lol.

First of all I thought this was real rosewater but it's just water with rose oil in it. Secondly it doesn't smell nice like the real rose water I had (smells like citronella/bug spray). Also the bottle doesn't say anything about using it on the face, and it was $9 for a small bottle which was WAY overpriced.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Mmmm rose water spray! I put the bottle in my fridge and use it as a make up finishing spray and also it's the best for when you've just come from the gym, a run, or just exhausted from work and you spray your face with this and it feels so good! After a nice, hot bath, this is great to spray all over, too. Right before bed, so relaxing and calming. Needless to say, I have and will be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I realize I'm in the minority here but I feel I have to warn anyone with very sensitive skin about this product. It's not true rose water first of all, it's more like a rose essential oil mixed in with water. The smell is off. I got this at Whole Foods and wanted to use this as a toner. It ended up clogging all of my pores (one HUGE red flag to beware of if you are prone to clogged pores), and made my face red. Sadly had to return it after just 1 week. My face looked awful using this and it broke me out. After I stopped using it, my skin cleared up again.

on 1/31/2017 11:58:00 PM

I use this everyday, several times a day...I also use the rosewater/glycerin from Heritage. I was using Mario Badescu rosewater until I realized it contains red dye, blue dye, hexalyne glycol alcohol, and butelyne...umm no thanks, too much alcohol for a product created to use several times a day..Heritage is void of all that junk, and a natural product. I have purchased at least 15-20 bottles of this over the last 2 yrs, and cannot be without it. I set my makeup with it, I spray it on my brushes before use, spray my Beauty Blender before use, I spray it at night as my final cleansing/moisturizing step to seal in all the moisture of my moisturizer and serum, and a few times throughout the day to freshen my makeup.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I gave this product 3 stars cause I feel like it's overrated. I guess I was expecting too much, lol, but to me it's just a really nice smelling mist in a bottle for $7. I guess it's refreshing for a hot summer day or if you have a sunburn, allergic reaction, etc. but to me it's not all that worth it. I do love the smell of roses though, but that's about it. I feel like I'd rather make a green tea spray or cucumber spray which is free (since I have it in my house already) and it'd feel just as refreshing with the same effects.

I consider this a little luxury item. Not that it's expensive or anything but it feels so nice! I spray before my moisturizer application and also after I put on make up as a finishing spray. Refreshes my hair, sometimes I spray it all over before bed. Will repurchase and will also try their lavender version.

Popular Fragrances