Rosewater by Heritage Products

Rose Petals Rosewater by Heritage Products

Price: $

Price: $

Vor Mag Water, Hydroessential Rose Oil

I am sorry to give this product a negative review, since all 17 reviewers before me were so happy with it!

After reading about its soothing and lightly-moisturizing properties, I was interested to try rosewater as a toner.

My preference would have been to get food-grade rosewater that is meant for cooking, but I couldn't find any at the supermarkets in my area, and the prices of that type of rosewater on Amazon were too high for what what it was.

Therefore, I ended up getting a small spray bottle of this Heritage Rose Water at a health foods store for about $6 -- even though I am dubious about the idea of "Vor-Mag" water, and find the "recommended by Edgar Cayce" notation on the bottle to be off-putting (you can look him up on Wikipedia), which of course is the opposite of the company's intention.

Positives
+The small bottle is a nice size
+The sprayer works well
+The price isn't bad
+The scent is light and pleasant, not too heavy or cloying (as I had feared it might be) - and I'm not a big rose-fragrance person. The scent disappears after about 15 minutes.
+The product is simple, just 2 ingredients, and seems pretty natural and pure
+The spray felt refreshing
+The product did seem to be a little moisturizing in a very light way, which was just what I wanted
+it didn't break me out, in the short time that I used it

Negatives
-I agree with a previous reviewer that the bright pink bottle with so much writing on it is a little unattractive, but that's not a big issue for me
-As I mentioned above, the whole "vor-mag" and "Cayce" thing isn't my cup of tea
-The third day I used it, about the fifth time in total that I had ever used it on my face (I only put it on when my skin was bare and clean), after 30 minutes I began to have a reaction to it. My face felt really hot. After a further 15 minutes of not knowing what was going on (thinking I was coming down with the flu or something), I realized that it might be the rosewater toner and I washed the product off, then put cool-water compresses on my burning skin afterwards. It was a strange feeling - like having a high fever without being internally ill. This lasted for an additional half an hour. I still wasn't sure it was due to the product, because my skin didn't look as red as I would have expected it to.

To make sure that the burning sensation had been due to the product and not a bizarre passing fever, several hours later, after my skin was completely back to normal, I sprayed a little of the product on one area of one cheek, and left it to dry. After 15 minutes, that one area started to feel hot, so I washed it off. I won't use the rosewater anymore.

I do have sensitivities to a number of natural products, foods, pollens, animals' dander, etc., so it would not surprise me if I were also sensitive to rose oil.

---
By the way, if you are interested in seeing more opinions about this and similar rosewater products, many members have reviewed this product under the alternate MUA listing of "Toners - Unlisted Brand - Rosewater" (it has 65 reviews at the moment.)

on 1/30/2012 2:40:00 PM

I love this rosewater! I've been buying this product for years. It has no alcohol, no witch hazel, no aloe, nothing but simple rosy freshness and water. For my super dry skin, that is a major plus. I use it in these ways: before moisturizing to help thick creams sink in, after applying makeup to help set it and give it a dewy look, to freshen hair and prevent split ends by spritzing the ends of dry hair and sealing in with a small amount of conditioner, to help my daughter's fine/flyaway hair comb back into a tidy ponytail, as a refreshing pick-me-up, as a moisturizing mist in dry air (like planes or when indoor heat is running). When static cling is a problem, I can can calm it with a little mist of rosewater. And it smells great too! Just a light scent of fresh rose petals. Definitely a holy grail product for me. I can't recommend it enough.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using Heritage Store Rosewater for about a month now & I must echo the many positive reviews on here. It really is good stuff! I have extremely sensitive skin which has always been a bane in my life. Oil based ingredients, fragrances & many other irritative ingredients in common beauty products often cause cystic breakouts on my skin that can take a week or longer to heal. After reading all the glowing reviews about this rosewater, I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did!

I purchased mine through Walmart.com for a little under $10 (another plus!). The spray bottle contains 4oz of product. While the packaging is fairly plain, I will say that the spray nozzle works really well! It delivers an even spray & has yet to clog or leak. I have purchased more expensive products in the past that still managed to leak & clog, so kudos to Heritage Store for it's sturdy packaging! For such a cheap & seemingly basic product, this rosewater really does deliver in a more slightly subtle way & it has fast became a staple in my skincare routine. I like to use it as a toner after washing my face & it really does calm my sensitive skin. Once I have toned & applied serum to my face & neck, I spritz this rosewater on my fingers & mix it with my Skinmedica ha5 Hyaluronic Acid Hydrator, then apply it to my face. All of these products combined leave my face extremely hydrated & cushiony without being greasy. I'm not sure what kind of results this would produce on its own, but it fits in perfectly with my current skincare repertoire, like a missing link I didn't know I had needed. I also like to spray myself with this when I get too hot, which in Florida, is all the time. lol. It makes a great midday refresher! I plan to purchase another bottle to keep in my fridge, solely for that purpose. Oh, did I mention it smells great too? Like a rosegarden, yet it isn't cloying & it doesn't linger any longer than 15-20 minutes.

I highly recommend this product, especially those with sensitive skin. I am so glad I tried it! Also, I want to give a big "Thank you!" to my fellow MUA'ers who recommended this product! You guys are so awesome!

Popular Fragrances