Rosewater by Heritage Products

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 30-35
 Rosewater by Heritage Products
Rose Petals Rosewater by Heritage Products

Vor Mag Water, Hydroessential Rose Oil

I agree with another reviewer that the connection to Edgar Cayce is offputting. I don't really need my beauty products to be referring me to a psychic from the early 1900s. But, aside from the strange website and hideous packaging, the product itself is lovely! I'm not exactly sure what additional "benefit" vor-mag water actually has, but it does feel nice. The rose scent is pronounced, but not overpowering and fades nicely. I use this as a toning mist for my face. It feels fantastic on bare skin as a prep for serums or moisturizer and works really well if you mist over makeup during the day. I've seen a few other rose mists and they usually have a list of ingredients that includes alcohol and other preservatives, so this two ingredient product is a nice change.

The spray nozzle is one of the best I've found on plastic bottles. It atomizes very evenly and the mist is really fine. A nice feature if you use it like I do over makeup.

Overall, it's a fantastic product for the price.

I consider this a little luxury item. Not that it's expensive or anything but it feels so nice! I spray before my moisturizer application and also after I put on make up as a finishing spray. Refreshes my hair, sometimes I spray it all over before bed. Will repurchase and will also try their lavender version.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Mmmm rose water spray! I put the bottle in my fridge and use it as a make up finishing spray and also it's the best for when you've just come from the gym, a run, or just exhausted from work and you spray your face with this and it feels so good! After a nice, hot bath, this is great to spray all over, too. Right before bed, so relaxing and calming. Needless to say, I have and will be repurchasing.

on 7/19/2016 7:49:00 PM

So when I bought this, I got it for $7 on Amazon and it took me three days to finally confirm the order because I kept thinking "How stupid am I to pay $7 for WATER? This is such BS. Special water with roses? What am I doing?"

Well as it turns out, it's not actually BS. I have dry, acne-prone skin. I bought this to be a "refresher" spray (I just poured some in a little travel size spray bottle) that I hoped wouldn't irritate my skin or mess up my makeup. I wanted something to use on an upcoming 12 hour flight and also generally throughout the summer. The rose water has been surprisingly great! It perks up/refreshes my skin when I spray it on and doesn't mess up my makeup at all. It hasn't caused any negative skin reactions (irritation, dryness, acne or otherwise) for me in the six weeks I have been using it. I use it after rinsing my face in the morning in place of daytime moisturizer and I think it makes my skin feel a tiny bit less dry. While I can't get past the idea that it's coincidental, I've also had less breakouts - quite a bit less - on my chin since I started with the rose water. Further, when I spray it on and then apply my CC cream, it works well for thinning out the CC coverage just the right amount.

It feels like water and smells like roses. I don't know what this product is really supposed to do or how, but I'm glad I have it!

on 5/22/2013 3:00:00 AM

If asked to list my number 1 beauty 'habit', it would be my mixture of rosewater and liquid aloe. i adore the scent of roses, not to mention how beneficial rosewater is as a mild astringent for skin. You can drink rosewater as well, its tasty. This brand is pricey, about $8 for a spray bottle. So usually I buy Alwadi brand rosewater when i can find it, usually in an Indian or middle Eastern store. That brand is pure, there are other brands in indian shops but beware of the ingredient lists- stay away from any flavorings or unnatural things, they may irritate your skin. Some of them are intended for food use only. The Alwadi is only about $3 for the same size or maybe even a bit larger. I mix rosewater with liquid aloe (george's brand) mainly to save the rosewater since I go through a lot, but also everyone knows how great aloe is for skin. the rosewater scent is still powerful,but not too much so, when mixed with the aloe. I spray this all over my face, let it dry mostly and then use my moisturizer. Often i just spray it wherever I like for the scent. Most perfumes and fake scents give me a headache, so this is often all I'll spray on myself. i do recommend the Heritage brand if you can afford it.

on 5/6/2016 11:26:00 PM

Love it, and I dont go a day without spraying it on my face and in my eyes several times a day. It calms me down. For years I buy this, and I Love it in the summer aswell.

on 3/19/2015 6:38:00 AM

I brought this to try due to the good review and i like the rose scent a lot. I'm not one who love rose scent so this is something that surprise me. It isn't heavy and it fade away quickly. The pink bottle is cute but the description on the back of the bottle is quite funny yet interesting. After using this and then apply my moisturizer, i find that i am not that oilier than usual. Will repurchase this but i only wish it come in a bigger bottle as i can only get this online.

Update: It causes acne for me. Won't repurchase.