Clarins Vital Light Night Cream

Vital Light Night Cream

1 review

on 3/31/2011 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

When Clarins came out with their Vital Light line I was intrigued. It was given to me as a sample first, in the Vital Light Day version. I tried it for a week and really enjoyed using it. It seemed to smooth skin, reduce redness, hydrate, and had a light pleasant scent. I was using Restorative Cream for mature skins at night. This proved to be a little too rich for me; and the scent was a bit cloying as well. I decided it was not for me, even though I have used Clarins products for years with few returns during that time. Still, not every product suits everyone in the best of lines, of which I can certainly count Clarins.

I needed a night cream as I did not have a suitable one, so remembering the experience with the Vital Light Day cream, asked about the Vital Light Night Cream for All Skin Types. These are also called Capital Lumiere Creams in French, which is beautiful name. There is a richer one which is called a comfort cream for dry skin; but I don't need anything too heavy. The Night Cream is a peach hued whipped cream delight of a treatment. It is light and melts into the skin, without being greasy or heavy. The fragrance dispels fairly quickly, although it is pleasant on. This cream is supposed to be the newest in skin care, promising to be anti-aging and helping to boost microcirculation to ensure that you wake to a healthy-looking and revitalized complexion. It refreshes and rebuilds collagen while you sleep; and works with the Day Cream to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and to restore luminosity from within. This is quite a claim, but I think it might be on the right track; since using these creams I have noticed a plumpness, a luminosity, and glow that I don't think I had before. While there are no miracle creams, some are better than others and with these two, Clarins does not disappoint. I think I picked a couple of winners here. If you are dealing with mature skin, they might work for you as well, as there are two formulas for each cream. While very pricey, they are supposed to last for 18 months upon opening, which is a good long time to get your skin in top shape! I would say, definitely, that they are worth it.