Clarins Vital Light Night Cream

Vital Light Night Cream

3.8

on 6/22/2013 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought a kit which contained the Vital Light night cream, day cream and serum. They are meant to complement each other. I did not really like the day cream as it didn't sit well under makeup. The night cream contains "Palmitoyl glycine" to increase cell turnover, and the serum contains a bleaching agent. I saw a slight imporvement in my skin using this range, especially the night cream for a tiny bit of firming and the serum to lighten the area around my mouth. However, I would probably not buy the night cream again as I need something stronger.

For years I've been looking for a night cream that won't make my sensitive (I have rosacea), combination, breakout-prone skin either break out in cystic acne or dry up in creases and lines. This fits the bill. It's light enough to ward off pimples and acne, yet creamy enough to make my face feel wonderfully soft in the morning. To top it all off, it doesn't aggravate the rosacea. I love this. Thank you, Clarins!

on 5/31/2012 5:52:00 PM

Clarins, I hate you.

I go to buy some sunscreen, you give me free gifts.

Of course, the first ones the dealer gives you are always free.

It is the all skins version, not the one for dry skin. It absorbs perfectly. It's lightly scented, enough to seem pleasantly French but not long-lasting. it calms my irritated 40something combination skin, it makes me glow, and I wake up with skin like a baby's butt.

So after a month using the sample I look up the cream, thinking I'll buy it next time I'm at Boots.

It's 62.

Clarins, I hate you for making me think that spending that kind of money on face cream is a good idea.

(Fortunately, the sample is generous enough that I can probably get another month out of it before I have to come to terms with spending 62 on night cream.)

on 4/23/2011 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

At first I thought it gave me a lovely glow, however the glow turned into loads of small spots - total breakout like never before. possibly the worst reaction i have had to a cream, awful. That ia the onlt change in my skincare regime so i'm pretty sure it is the culprit. The pot in unhygienic too. So thick you're pores don't stand a chance. How disappointing.