Maybelline New York One-by-One, Waterproof ] [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Maybelline New York One-by-One, Waterproof ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

on 6/13/2014 12:25:00 PM

I have been looking for a waterproof mascara to keep my straight short lashes curled. I was at the Rexall (canada) and maybelline mascaras were all on sale for $4.99! I never use waterproof mascara (don't know why just never thought of it!) But after seeing a tutorial where waterproof mascara came up for holding lash curls I'd thought I'd check it out. I bought this mascara based on the review here on MUA but I have to say i'm disappointed. Yes the mascara held up my curls, but that was all it did. No volume, no length and make my lashes stiff to touch. I had also bought "the falsies waterproof" at the same time and was much happier with that purchase. The one to one mascara did not smudge or transfer during my 12hr shift which was great but was very difficult to remove, lost some lashes in the process (and believe me I can't afford to lose lashes LOL)!! Will not be buying again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara didn't hold my curl, made my lashes look clumpy, and spidery with only ONE COAT, and it didn't really do anything to my lashes other than made it look spidery. The formula doesn't even go on the wand fully, a lot of product comes out on the stopper of the mascara tube, and you can see the clubs of mascara on the wand which probably why it made my lashes look horrible!

Not bad of a product. It does give length to one by one of my lashes. Even applying second coat, it wasn't that clumpy. Though it give length I do want volume for my barely there lashes.
Overall, I would buy again if nothing else is available.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This mascara is good, but not spectacular for me. It does not clump, the brush is fantastic and delivers volume, but it does not lengthen. I will go back to Maybelline's the falsies black drama for more length.

on 8/11/2012 4:24:00 PM

Definitely one of the better mascaras I've bought! It really lengthens my lashes and it never clumps. The formula's really dry though, and it feels dry on my lashes. But overall, my lashes look great and I would definitely buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I got a lot of mixed reviews on this product and after purchasing it, I'd have to agree with that sentiment. For the most part, One by One does what it says--It really defines and separates every individual lash one-by-one. I absolutely love how it grabs every lash and brings it to it's full potential--but that's it.You wont get any volume from it like the packaging indicates. It's an okay mascara for everyday (not dramatically dark, or voluminousness, or lengthy). Its kinda like an "Eh +" lol It improves what lashes you have but does nothing in the way of dramatizing them. Undecided if I'm going to buy it again. It does clump which I'm less than enthused about but I still give it a solid C+

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara so much!

Does not Smudge
Does not Clump
Volumizes
Holds Curl
Lengthens
Does everything a mascara should do

It's my HG and I really recommend it :)

on 11/18/2011 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I would buy this mascara again in a heartbeat.

I get beautiful, defined lashes after apply this product. It never clumps my long but straight Asian lashes, lifts them up and keeps the curl the entire day without drooping. No smudging either!

It is a huge plus that it does not irritate my eyes and that it is pretty affordable. It is not available in Singapore, but by joining sprees and buying online, I can get my hands on this pretty easily.

HG status. :)

This doesn't offer volume, and is unimpressive as a mascara in all other aspects too. Although the worst thing is that it's SOOOO difficult to get off! I try removing what I can before hitting the shower and emerge from my bath with black rings ard my eyes that cannot be removed with makeup remover as well. I guess it really IS waterproof.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought my first tube from drugstore.com and had my friend in the US re-ship it over to me in sunny Singapore. I like that it is very affordable and thickens my lashes naturally. Thanks to the silicon bristles on the wand, I am saved from getting uneven and clumpy coats, like how I have from the other brush wands from the other Maybelline range & even a Lancome one that I've previously used. I highly recommend this and I will definitely repurchase.