Maybelline New York One-by-One, Waterproof ] [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Maybelline New York One-by-One, Waterproof ] [DISCONTINUED]

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I actually really really like this mascara. I find that it doesn't clump or smudge on me. Holds a curl, volumizes and separates my lashes really well. I also tried the L'oreal voluminous carbon black (waterproof) because of the hype and I wanted to compare it to this one but found that it's not as good in terms of those points that I mentioned. For now my feelings are that I will buy this mascara again. The only single issue that I have is that it's pretty hard to remove.

on 7/4/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Finally! A positive mascara review. This is one I keep in my arsenal while I still look for my HG mascara. Maybe it is my HG mascara but I just won't accept the truth yet. I don't know This does keep a curl, at least longer than anything I've found so far. Not too hard to get off and if I have a problem, I just the Maybelline Express for waterproof makeup and that takea care of the bugger. Does it hold my curl all day, even if I'm just sitting around eating bon bons? No. But it holds it longer or as long as anything else I've found. Will buy again unless HG shows its lousy self finally.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh. My. God. I have been hunting for my favorite mascara for EVER and I can never find it. I loved the Falsies, but it clumped sometimes. This was the last mascara from the line that I had not tried yet, because I had heard bad things about it. I finally bought it for about $6, and tried it the next day. All I can say is HOLY CRAP. I freaking love this stuff. I have pretty short lashes, and this helped lengthen them SO much. It didn't clump at all, which is a plus. However, if you are looking for a volumizing mascara, I don't think you would like this. All it reall does it lengthen, and volumize just a teeny tiny bit. I can honestly say that this is the best mascara I have ever used, I even like it better than ones I've gotten at Ulta and Sephora and all those pricier stores. BEST mascara ever. I'm in love.

on 2/25/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a nice mascara for my rather skimpy, light colored eyelashes. I have learned not to expect miraculous results from any mascara, so I do rate this one highly based on the fact that it gave a nice, natural look to my eyes and holds up well throughout the day. There is no smudging and only an occasional clump that can be easily brushed away before application. However, I have used two tubes of this mascara and on both tubes the rubber rim around the opening of the tube has loosened and come off with the brush when I unscrew the top. For that reason, I will most likely not purchase this product again. I find it to be on a par with CoverGirl's clumpcrusher mascara, so I will stick with that product from now on.

on 12/19/2013 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG mascara!!! In love with this stuff! It separates my lashes so well! and it gives you amazing volume!! i wish the length was better, but i mix this mascara a little with another for length like the revlon lash potion. && its amazing, looks like natural falsies!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Wow the best mascara I've tried so far!!

I have really straight Asian lashes. They are longer than typical Asian lashes but no where as voluminous or long as I wish they were. I also have super oily eyelids so I can only use waterproof mascara or it'll smudge within half an hour of application.

I tried One by One because of the reviews on MUA and it really lives up to it's hype! First of all, this mascara can hold my curl all day! No drooping whatsoever, which is a big deal for my pin straight lashes. Second of all, no smudging! Even having it on all day! Granted, I do use a eye primer and powder on top, which helps. The only thing is that it is a little difficult to remove at the end of the day.

It's winter right now, so my face is much less oily and greasy. I'll have to try this out in the hot summer to see if it really works! So far, I am very impressed and will recommend this mascara to everyone.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

LIKES:
-dark black mascara
-can layer on the mascara for volume
-gives good volume
-maintains curl
DISLIKES:
-chunky wand, hard to get mascara onto every eyelash
-formula dries out very quickly

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My natural lashes are long and flat so I have to curl them several to get them to stand. Unfortunately this product does not hold a curl and the shape isn't very helpful to be able to distribute the pigment throughout all the lashes. Would not repurchase.

on 2/10/2013 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was sucked into the hype and the pretty coral packaging....this is a mediocre mascara, for my sparse thin medium length asian lashes. Comes with rubber bristles that are fat in the middle and thin on both ends.It separates well initially, the first 3 swipes but gets clumpy afterwards. It provides more length rather than volume on me...Left my lashes feeling slightly brittle and crunchy...The good points are that it doesnt flake and smudge and is pretty easy to remove at the end of the day. Goes on quite dark black and you only need like 2 coats to darken the lashes...Mediocre at best for me...

on 1/20/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow. I have used a lot of mascara, high end and drugstore. This is still the best so far, especially of the Maybelline family. It does everything and doesn't clump. Never have to re-curl my lashes. If I could change anything, it'd be to make the brush a wee bit skinnier.