Maybelline New York One-by-One, Waterproof ] [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Maybelline New York One-by-One, Waterproof ] [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

on 1/11/2015 9:35:00 PM

I relied on this mascara all last winter and now it's discontinued! I haven't bought any in a while because i've been using many other mascaras. I'm a huge mascara junkie! I really did want to buy this product again in the future but now I can't:(. This mascara was amazing because it gave wonderful volume and I LOVED the brush. The brush separated my lashes and really grabbed them one by one hence the name. Usually when I pull a mascara brush out of a tube, a gloopy chunk comes out but this brush did not clump at all. But even if the brush got clumpy, I wouldn't mind wiping it off because I loved this mascara so much. Maybelline why did get rid off this mascara? Please bring it back! So many people miss it!

on 11/4/2014 12:39:00 PM

Yes. I like this one. It does what it says it does. I like the brush; I like how I can really target each lash individually and I like how it doesn't attract giants globs of mascara that end up manifesting on my lashes. I like how it doesn't clump, how it makes them look long and thick and full. And oh boy, is it waterproof. I CANNOT get this stuff off with my Garnier micellair water stuff. Nono, this requires proper eye-makeup remover!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail mascara! So much better than the regular version. Doesn't clump and holds a curl great. The only problem I have with it is that it is very hard to remove- even with my Neutrogena makeup wipes. Also the packages is iffy. On every bottle I have purchased, the part of the tube that removes the excess mascara pops off and it is a hassle to fix. Nonetheless still my favorite mascara by far!

on 6/15/2014 11:59:00 AM

This mascara is an amazing mascara that gives you volume and a bit length! It is very waterproof but it kind off wipes off through the day. My brush cracked so I only had a half brush so I threw it away! I would not buy this again cause there are some other waterproof mascaras I love more like lorèal Paris volume million lashes waterproof.

on 3/27/2014 5:03:00 AM

This mascara is ok, it doesnt smudge, waterproof... But i find its quite thick, which I dont personally like. I would buy it again, but not in a hurry.

I was at Target yesterday looking to repurchase my Maybelline falsies when I saw this one. I thought I would try it. I bought both and went home. The next day in the morning I tried the one by one mascara. I fell in love with it. With one coat my lashes looked amazing. I thought to myself "hm if this is what one coat is, what is two coats?" I applied a second coat and thought this is it I don't need anymore coats. My lashes looked like fake lashes. This is my HG mascara. I recommend this anyone and everyone. I love this mascara. It brings volume and length. It doesn't clump. It takes a considerable time to dry but its only like a minute or two. I recommend this anyone.

on 11/18/2012 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Finally, a drugstore mascara that works well for me. My all-time favorite mascara is buxom lash, but it is a) very expensive for a college student working part time and b) not waterproof. So while I still love and use my buxom lash I actually am reaching for this more than that. Before this I tried probably five different drugstore waterproof mascaras and was disappointed with each of them for a variety of reasons (too dry, too clumpy, doesn't lengthen enough, not black enough in color...) but finally hit the jackpot with this one. Plastic comb brushes in general work out well for me, this is no exception. It separates and lengthens my lashes without clumping beautifully. The color is a true black which I love. And, I can layer it without it looking thick or clumpy. Of course it is a b!tch to remove without eye makeup remover, but that's a given with any waterproof mascara. I am, finally, very happy with my waterproof mascara :)

on 10/29/2012 2:57:00 PM

I'll keep this short...I finally found my HG waterproof mascara! People have asked me several times if I"m wearing false lashes when I use it. It lengthens without clumping, and holds a curl ALL day long even in South Florida heat and humidity. Love love love it! I'll keep buying it as long as they keep making it!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Let me start off by saying that this waterproof mascara does exactly what it should- stays on in the water! This is my go-to mascara. I picked it up while on vacation in Florida, and have been wearing it on the pool, on the boat, in the lake, etc. It stays on. Period. When it does come off, it flakes. It doesn't come off in thick, black layers, which is a good thing. It's a little tricky to get off, but hey, that's what comes with the territory of waterproof mascara. No, this mascara does not give dramatic, false lashes. But it does give pretty, fluffy, separated lashes with no clumps. I like this mascara for an every day, light summer look. I'd repurchase in the future. The brush does a good job of catching every lash. I love the design of the brush and the handle, I feel that you have a lot of control while applying. This is the least intense of the Volum Express mascaras, however, it still holds it's own by being a good natural alternative. Don't let the word natural fool you- it's nothing like bare lashes. It just makes it look like you have long, full, real lashes. Not fake ones.

on 7/3/2012 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

First off, I dislike waterproof mascaras. I only wear them when I absolutely have to. But I needed a new waterproof mascara because I was going white water rafting (and god forbid, I go without mascara!), and this was on clearance at CVS and I had a coupon, so I picked this up without many expectations. However, this is hands-down the best waterproof mascara Iíve ever used! The brush is kind of chunky & hard to work with. Its wider in the middle and narrower at the ends, with short, rubbery bristles. Itís a little hard to get the base of the lashes with this brush, but it does give me longer, perfectly separated lashes. It adds a little volume and it is buildable, but it is more of a lengthening & defining mascara than a dramatic, volumizing mascara. It does leave my lashes somewhat stiff, but it is truly waterproof. NO smudges at all, even after an 8-hour rafting trip, and a 2+ hour long run (in sweltering 90 degree heat). My lashes look as fresh and amazing as when Iíd applied this mascara. It is a bugger to remove, I use an oil cleanser to dissolve my eyemakeup followed by a gel facial cleanser, and the next morning I still had smears/black specks under my eyes. But for when a truly waterproof mascara is needed, this doesnít disappoint. Iím pretty sure this is the first waterproof mascara Iíve ever raved about, and I already purchased a back-up!