Maybelline New York One-by-One, Waterproof ] [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Maybelline New York One-by-One, Waterproof ] [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 12/27/2014 9:06:00 AM

I was recommended this mascara at my local chemist because I didn't really know what mascara to buy. Turns out to be quite a good mascara. It does grasp onto all your lashes and does what it's suppose to. However I don't like the brush, I find it quite hard to use but nonetheless, great mascara.

I normally do not like maybelline mascaras because I find them to be heavy and l clumpy but I saw this on sale at my local Walmart and thought I'd give it a try and now I'm in LOVE . This mascara has eveything I want in a mascara . It makes my lashes look super long and voluminous plus it keeps a curl . I got this in blackest black and it is true to the name . My only complaint is that it isn't fully waterproof but that's ok with me . This mascara (as most water proof mascaras) is tough to get off but a cotton pad soaked in coconut oil does the trick . I love mascara on its own, but I love it with the l'oreal shocking extensions mascara in waterproof (this formula is fully waterproof ) . Paired together they create massive long ,false looking lashes without the bulk and clumps . Best part both the maybelline and l'oreal mascara are very build able . You can layer to your hearts content and best of all it's very cheap so you don't have to pay a fortune for HE mascaras that don't even live up to what this can do .

on 6/22/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My favorite type of lash look consists of lusciously long length, some volume (definitely not overpowering the length), and a formula that refuses to clump after layer and layer of mascara.
I'll be comparing this to Maybelline's Lash Stiletto because I only own these two mascaras.

-Neither mascaras can hold a curl.
-Lash Stiletto gets clumpy, and I usually spend extra minutes in the mirror "combing out" the clumps with a spooley or the mascara wand.
-One by One does NOT get clumpy, which I adore. And it really does separate and lengthen lashes!
-Lash Stiletto will give you a pregame version of spider lashes, One by One will not.
-This is a shot in the dark, but One by One definitely lengthened my lashes by ~2x!
-One by One looks more natural than Lash Stiletto; then again I have the ObO in a brown-black (it was the only available color) and Lash Stiletto in the blackest black.
-Despite having the brown-black shade, the mascara is dark and pitch-black - like it sucks up light instead of reflecting it.
-I have sensitive eyes, and even though ObO's brush is super chunky, it's a nice grade of silicone that's soft and non-threatening (have you ever put your mascara wand so close to your eye that you impulsively wince?! that's what I'm talking about).

What I love the most about the One by One is the lash separation! It looks much more natural than Lash Stiletto on.

I wasn't able to find this at my local Walmart or Target or any major drugstore except Walgreens and CVS (corner stores?) so I'm not sure if these are being discontinued??? On the Maybelline website, it says it's not getting discontinued but I'm seeing very limited stock where I live, and I live in a major city (Houston).

on 5/28/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my holy grail mascara. I used to love the maybelline rocket volume express mascara, but I ran out and decided to try this one. It turned out that I actually liked it more than that one and that was a surprise considering the rocket volume express had been my all time favourite. It is so natural and clump free. No matter how many coats I apply, it is clump free. Also, it holds a curl wonderfully and it's volumizing and lengthening. It rarely smudges and it is extremely waterproof. If you are new to mascaras or you want a natural volumizing and lengthening mascara, I highly recommend this product.

I really like this mascara. I am in a pool approximately 7 hours a day and this doesn't smudge if I don't run my eyes. I like the natural look for work but wouldn't wear it if I was dressing up because I like a really voluminous look for that. Also can't beat 6 dollars for a great mascara!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm just slightly disappointed that there isn't as much volume with this formula compared to the original but given that I have stubborn Asian lashes that won't stay curled whatsoever, this formula surprisingly held a curl all day and it lengthens pretty well for me. So far I have a got few questions asking me if I was wearing fake lashes which is really flattering considering that I'm actually only wearing a cheap drugstore mascara along with the fact that my natural eyelashes are not in any means long.

the brush is too big and gets all over so i used a different brush and it was okay. it doesn't run and holds a curl but goes on thin and dries out quickly.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Meh it's alright. I think it's gives pretty good volume but no length whatsoever. It's pretty. Waterproof and hold a curl, even though my eyelashes are pretty naturally curled, if I do curl them it stays. Overall it's ok. It could be better.

on 11/4/2013 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This mascara gives decent volume, but unless you put on more than one coat your lashes will look stubby. The mascara had a few clumps on first use and the formula is surprisingly wet for a waterproof brand, but it holds curled lashes very well. However, some lashes did stick together, which is mostly resolved with a lash comb. Application was a little messy. I slept in the mascara and it did not flake or lose the curl. Under hot water the curl will go and the mascara only flakes if you rub it. The mascara comes off with hot water and some work with makeup remover. As waterproof mascaras go this one was not too bad for removal. It's got positives and negatives and it wouldn't be my first choice as mascaras go, but it's not a terrible back up if you can comb out the clumps.

on 10/13/2013 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This mascara is like magic! It actually CURLS my barely there Asian lashes, builds volume and lengthens with no clumping. I've tried the non-waterproof version and it is not nearly as good. I've tried far more expensive mascaras and have regretted not just coming back to this one. It's perfect.