Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect Protection Hand Cream

on 8/12/2016 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Boots No. 7 Protect & Perfect Overnight Hand Treatment
In my search for a super-hydrating nighttime hand cream that addressed aging issues (hyper-pigmentation, loss of firmness, etc.) I purchased this cream. At first I was disappointed how light it felt, I was expecting something that felt heavy, rich, and greasy, but this is very light which is much better for my facial skin since I touch my face in my sleep and rich hand creams can cause breakouts. There is a fragrance and I prefer fragrance-free, but since the mild floral scent doesn’t bother me I’ll let that go. After just one night I was surprised how soft and comfortable the skin on my hands felt. Now, after two months, my hands are soft and smooth. I haven’t seen any huge difference in the anti-aging (but it is summer and I haven’t been as diligent about sunscreen as I should, so that could be interfering). I’ve already purchased a second tube so I don’t run out. The real test for this cream will be a harsh winter. I’ll update my review if the cream completely fails me during the winter. I like that it comes in a convenient, travel-friendly tube. So far the only negative about this hand cream is that it isn’t heavy or greasy enough to condition cuticles. My nail beds and cuticles have been looking ragged in the past four weeks, but again I haven’t been wearing sunscreen like I should and I’ve been skipping cuticle oil or a rich cream (like Cetaphil) on my cuticles. So I’m hoping if add my cuticle oil back in (OPI Avoplex Cuticle Oil to Go), my cuticles will calm down in a week or so. As for what other reviewers say (that this isn’t anything special than any other cream), I’ll happily agree once I find a hand cream that can do what this one does, without getting grease on my face.

on 2/25/2016 12:52:00 PM

This is my first experience of the Boots No.7 Protect & Perfect range, and based on this I'm now not sure I'd want to try any of the other products.

This did nothing for my hands that other, cheaper hand creams, can't do. The scent is horribly overpowering and very 'old fashioned' to me (like the cold creams my nan used to use when I was a child) and it took ages to sink into my skin, even though I used a really small amount each time.

If this is an example of what the other Protect & Perfect products are like, then I'm not hopeful they'll do anything amazing for my skin either. I have a whole load of them to try too as I got a full set of travel-sized versions for Christmas. Hopefully some/all of those will fare better...

To Read all 6 Reviews, Login or Join

I find the scent a little irritating. Because I have sensitive skin I will try and search for an spf hand cream with no fragrance after I finish this. Otherwise, I think it's great, it has good ingredients, etc, spf, just what I wanted. It also leaves this beautiful sheen that makes my hands look so glowy and pretty. I would recommend if scents on skin don't bother you.

on 11/16/2012 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I got this because my hands were looking a little less smooth and vivacious as they once had. I have the Protect and Protect Protection Overnight Hand Treatment cream. It smells horrible. I had hoped to wear it all day and night to really see the effects, but my hands only look better with it on (which would happen with any heavy cream moisturizer). I can't walk around with the smell all day, so I usually only use it at night. I have been using it for over a month now and I really don't see any difference. I may have to try a different brand or try using shea butter, olive oil and vitamin e. The search continues!

UPDATE 5/15/2013: This stuff does absolutely nothing that normal lotion doesn't do. Don't waste your money.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I was so excited about this hand lotion with SPF 15 because it was so inexpensive and readily available ($13.99 @ Target). The lotion itself is creamy and absorbs fairly quickly. The floral scent is great. HOWEVER, I noticed that if you don't use up the tube fairly quickly, the scent goes rancid. I returned it because I thought it was a bad batch but it happened a second time. My search goes on...

on 3/30/2011 4:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I needed a new hand cream for my purse and saw somewhere that Good Housekeeping had rated this high. I don't like it. It has sunscreen in it which I'm sure is good for your hands, but it feels like sunscreen. My hands did not look better or even moisturized after using. They just looked greasy (like sunscreen), and it doesn't sink in. After using half of the tube I can say that it did not help my dry hands at all. Would never buy this again.