3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

Get this little gem on sale if possible. I like the variety of colors because there are plenty of neutral colors as well as more colorful choices. The pigmentation is stellar, and you can use the darker shades for eyeliner. My mother went crazy over this palette! She's in her 50s and conservative with shadow. I think she likes it more than I do! Apply this shadow wet with good brushes, and you will have very little to no fall out. They wear well and last forever! Great staying power. I found the formula drier than UD but just as pigmented with less shimmer. I think wet application makes the difference here. You can also use ELF's makeup setting spray in exchange for water to moisten the brush for major pigment and staying power.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

7 years ago

There's no order in this palette; the choices remind me of an art project gone wrong. The colors are extremely sparky / frosty. I didn't like how dry they were since it made them hard to work with.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Fine

2.0

8 years ago

I bought this when there was the 3 for $40 sale. When it came in the mail I was excited because there has been so much hype lately. I found it pigmented but incredible powdery. Major fall out. I also found all the colors way too neutral and all of them were shimmery. Anyone that purchase cosmetics as much as I do know shimmery colors are cheaper because shimmer is a filler. For $40 for 3 I found the price to be alright, not cheap (for the quality). I did like the packaging because there was a mirror.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Medium

2.0

8 years ago

I brought this palette at Marshalls for a fraction of the price. These palettes are usually around 30 dollars. I'm glad I only paid under twenty because I definitely think that the paletttes are over priced. The palette contains 9 shimmery colors. This is a down side because I had to go into my stash to find a matte shade for my crease. Also the colors are mostly lighter tomes. not enough lid colors at least to my taste so I had to go to my stash. I also find that after a while they all turn muddy they don't stay vibrant for long.

About reviewer (138 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Dark, Cool

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Coarse

8 years ago

I do not like hard or bake eyeshadows. TheBalm have the smoothes eyeshadows, similar to Le Metier de Beaute that cost three times the Balm products. So yes great buys and I love the colours selections. Runaround Rebecca, olive-kaki green, Come-Hither Heather, a mauve-y taupe with a frost finish and Safe Bet Annette, a pastel pink with a white frosted finish are the best. Yes some colour are sheer but buildable. I love it so much I purchase the other 2 volume a couple of weeks later. I have to say the packaging leave me cold, I do not really like the cardboard but like the retro image.

About reviewer (211 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

I love the Shady Lady palettes. I have Vol1 and Vol 3 and am seriously debating running out and grabbing Vol 2 since I found them on sale at TJ maxx for $12. Great value! I am not the type to buy a full palette at say Sephora for 48 dollars as I have dark skin and often times I feel the colors are geared towards women with lighter/olive skin tones. With these palettes I feel like out of the 9 colors 7 or 8 totally work for dark skin, making it still a great value even if I likley won't use "Envious Erin". The colors are highly pigmented. I have never been the type to use shadows without a primer or without at least wetting the brush so I do not run into the problem of "meh" colors. As for fallout, I always expect a bit of fallout. If I can't find High-Intensity pigmented shadows, I'm generally layering on color to make my eyes really stand out. With these shadows, it only takes one good sweeping. If it's a particularly glittery color I fold up a tissue and hold it below my eye to catch any fallout and preserve my foundation. I love these, I think I'll go buy another one tomorrow.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I got this palette at marshalls for 12.99 I was very excited because hautelook had a sale on them but they were 18 dollars. So far I really like the colors, but I won't travel with it because for me the color in the palette are not enough for me to make like everyday looks. But other than that the pigmentation is great and I can't wait to try all of them out with the rest of my eyeshadows.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

9 years ago

TheBalm Shady Lady Vol. 3 is a nice little palette, slightly smaller than a CD case. I like that the palette is slim, cardboard, and that the mirror is big enough to actually be useful. The really terrific thing about it is that the eyeshadows are generously sized. No anemic little rectangles of shadows here. The shadows are also nicely pigmented and smooth and the ones I like, I really like. I do have to build the shadow on my lids. I like that because I can use the shades, even the vibrant ones, as a wash, but with a stiff, small brush the colors become opaque. Unfortunately, all the pale shades are super, super frosty and Envious Erin and Safe Bet Annette are downright glittery. The lack of a matte or satin highlight shade is a big drawback. Three of the shadow-liners are satiny (Runaround Rebecca, Racy Kacy, Open to Offers Olwen), while the other three (All the Way Annie, Come-Hither Heather, and Guilty Gwen) have glitter. So, if you're anti-frost and/or glitter, this palette will likely not be worth it for you. Shady Lady 3 includes: Lusty Lee: frosty pale silver. Envious Erin: Pale buttercream with glitter. Far too frosty to be used as a brow highlight. Racy Kacy: Satiny copper that's not oo orange. It would be a very lovely natural liner for redheads. It's like an old penny. One of my favorites. Safe Bet Annette: Pale, champagney pink with lots of glitter. Runaround Rebecca: Soft, satiny grassy green with a little hint of taupe. This is one of my favorites. It looks FABULOUS with Come-Hither Heather. I don't have a green like this in my collection. Come-Hither Heather: Glittery taupe. It looks luscious as a wash. I like to use it all over the lid with Runaround Rebecca over top to give it even more dimension. It's not too dark for everyday and looks fantastic smoked out. Open to Offers Olwen: Brilliant satiny teal. It's amazing as liner. All The Way Annie: Plum with glitter. Also a gorgeous liner, particularly for blue or green eyes. This one doesn't seem to be quite as pigmented as the rest. Guilty Gwen: We've all seen this shade before--black that's loaded with silver glitter. This one is particularly pigmented. I use some of the shadows (Open to Offers Olwen, Come-Hither Heather, Runaround Rebecca, Racy Kacy) fairly often. I wish the pale shades were less frosty, but other than that, it's an okay collection. I wouldn't repurchase because I'm only really in love with four of the nine shades, and some of the shades are pretty darn dupeable (Guilty Gwen, Lusty Lee especially.) It's decent, good quality, but it's not a must-have.

About reviewer (347 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I had to get this palette as one of the shades has my name! I like the assortment of colours & find that they have pretty good payoff (then again, I like more sheer/light coverage for my eyeshadow). Several all too glittery with lots of fallout which is annoying as I otherwise like the colours by themselves without the glitter. I used with an eyeshadow primer & the shadows last quite well.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

9 years ago

Dare I say "meh"? Initially I bought this palette from Sephora. After two days (cool-off period lol) returned in untouched. Now, TheBalm has been popping in TJMaxx/Marshalls; and for $16.99 I gave in. Well, yeah, "meh" indeed. I am not sure if I got a dud but payoff is really bad. I have to layer and layer colors to make them if not stand out then at least look different from each other. (I use MAC 242 which really packs on color and/or 239). No luck. At the end of the day all shadows fade to a nice, neutral, mouse-like *something*. I am puzzled as I have TheBalm Mary-Lou and think it's an excellent quality product. Body chemistry? Will definitely not repurchase; also I will pass on their new palettes. Inglot is about the same price point but both payoff and wear are so much better. Oh, I do like using "liner" shadows as e/liner. Usually black liners look too harsh on me. Guilty Gwen looks perfect - not too light, not too harsh; and it stays put.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure