Etude House Baking Powder Cleansing Foam

Baking Powder Cleansing Foam

3.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is so drying and rough. Feels like u're smearing strong detergent powder with foam on your face. It smells like some sort of detergent too. Hate it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I bought the this cleansing foam from a Korea store and used for about a month or two. It smells pleasant to my nose and my face was REALLY clean (not tight but just clean). However, it did nothing to my face.. No smaller pores nor brightened face. I will not repurchase it because I can easily find a better facial foam from other brand. In a word, this is a so so product, you may use it, no harm, but no much benefit as well

on 4/28/2018 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is more of a first impressions rather than a full on review. Baking powder is quite harsh on the skin, however this is in a formulated product and I had a sample, so I doubt a couple uses wouldn't bother me.

PROS: I believe that spending extra money on cleanser is a waste when there are such great things already available for cheap, however every time I try an Asian sourced cleanser, it makes me reconsider this stance. This, like other Asian beauty cleansers I've used, goes a long way. You start lathering it up and it really expands. They are much more prone to aeration than American cleansers, so they seem like they will last a long time. Seemed to do a good job of cleansing my skin too

CONS: Baking soda? Come on. This can be a harsh ingredient. My skin wasn't dry or terrible after, but using this in my shower, I felt like my entire face was reeeeeeally cleaned when I was done. Not sure how that would be in the long run.

OTHER: Quite strong bar soap scent, identical to Dove soap in the early 2000s.

on 3/4/2018 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Affordable. Feels a little bit gritty, but not too irritating on the skin. A little drying on my combo skin. Removed make up ok but not amazing, still would have some make up residue. It ended up causing me acne break outs so I had to stop using.

on 3/3/2018 3:05:00 PM

It removes the make-up quite easily and it also scrubs, you can feel the powder in the foam. It foams well and leave the skin clean, whiter and a bit dry. I am using it for almost one year and I don not see any long-term effect but I think it makes a good job as cleanser and make-up remover.

on 12/19/2017 3:31:00 PM

Got a sample of this. Not good at removing makeup and stings my eyes. Feels drying and quite soapy. I didn't have the patience to use it up and threw out the sample.

on 3/24/2017 3:30:00 AM

Unpleasant gritty texture. Artificial chemical aroma. Left my oily face feeling dry and stripped.

Works great. Keeps skin clear and really, really gets down and dirty on pimples and other little things. Also really great to use as a mask!
Wouldn't recommend this to people with dry skin though. It's pretty tough on your skin.

on 4/25/2016 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a 'meh' product for me. I got the 'deep cleansing cleanser' and this is definitely one of the more drying cleansers I tried, since my face felt tight and I noticed that my face looked brighter after using this, but it was more of a short term effect. If you have dry skin, this may be too harsh for you, so make sure you have a good moisturizer.
It didn't do much for my pores, but it didn't break me out or gave me any troubles either, so overall, it's just a nice basic cleanser for oilier skin types.

I have clear skin, not sure about the acne part but it does work in terms of removing black heads. Skin felt smoother and didn't cause breakouts or dry up my skin. Smells fresh, foams well too.

Got the pink(moist) version, definitely comparable to higher end products I've tried like philosophy purity, Clinique liquid facial soap, shiseido, lush.. You name it. I mean, we are talking about $16+ SGD for a HUGE bottle, it's great and worth the try.

One down side, ugly packaging.