Etude House Baking Powder Cleansing Foam

Etude House Baking Powder Cleansing Foam

3.5

I have clear skin, not sure about the acne part but it does work in terms of removing black heads. Skin felt smoother and didn't cause breakouts or dry up my skin. Smells fresh, foams well too.

Got the pink(moist) version, definitely comparable to higher end products I've tried like philosophy purity, Clinique liquid facial soap, shiseido, lush.. You name it. I mean, we are talking about $16+ SGD for a HUGE bottle, it's great and worth the try.

One down side, ugly packaging.

on 4/25/2016 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a 'meh' product for me. I got the 'deep cleansing cleanser' and this is definitely one of the more drying cleansers I tried, since my face felt tight and I noticed that my face looked brighter after using this, but it was more of a short term effect. If you have dry skin, this may be too harsh for you, so make sure you have a good moisturizer.
It didn't do much for my pores, but it didn't break me out or gave me any troubles either, so overall, it's just a nice basic cleanser for oilier skin types.

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

Would not recommend this cleanser, I got it multiple samples of this from buying other Etude House products, and after trying it once, I could already feel my skin being stripped from any moisture. If you have dry skin, I would definitely not suggest you to try this.

on 9/25/2015 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My skin is dry at some areas and oily at other, it's very sensitive and I get acne pretty easily.
This product worked nice for me. It's not the best when it comes to taking off makeup (I had to use another cleanser while using this) but it didn't make my skin feel dry or weird after. My pores are definitely less visible since I started using this product and my skin feels and looks nice.
It does dry your skin a little bit so you might want to use a moisturizer right after using this product.
Overall: a good product for the price and I won't mind purchasing it again.

on 1/1/2015 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this product for about five to six months along with the Noxzema Cleansing Cream and TONYMOLY Blueberry Face Wash and there is a huge improvement.

I've been suffering from acne/large pores/acne scars for a while (since i was in grade 8, I'm in grade 11 now) and have only covered it up by dosing my face in makeup (which isn't great). After two weeks of using this product by itself, nothing much was happening, but after combining it with the Noxzema Cleansing Cream, it worked a lot better. It didn't start fully clearing my acne and scars until I used the TONYMOLY Blueberry Face Wash.

For added improvement, I used the LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask every other night for an hour, where my acne/pores/acne scars are gone and I am makeup free!

Buy this product asap, you will thank Etude House.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a free sample from ordering something else online. It lathered very well but that was the only good thing about this product. other than that, as I was washing it off, I could tell this product was going to be a problem for my skin. even after applying moisturizer twice, my skin got so dry from this, it was peeling off ! My skin had never been so dry and felt so rough. it might work for others, but sadly, not for me.

on 12/7/2014 4:51:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought the BB deep pore cleansing foam from Korea and the entire tube lasted me for about a month or two. It smells pleasant to my nose and my face was REALLY clean (not tight but just clean). However, it did nothing to my face.. No smaller pores nor brightened face. I will not repurchase it because I can easily find a better facial foam from etude house other line of skin care.

Etude House has it in two versions: Baking Powder Cleansing Foam and BB Baking Powder Deep Cleansing Foam. The last one is pretty much the same except that the particles are bigger, so it removes makeup a little bit better.
Overall: nothing special. The smell is nice, not overwhelming, and quite pleasant. Consistency is pasty, rather thick.
You can feel the particles, but unlike the scrub it's gentle, really feels like a baking soda or powder. Foams well, you need only pea-size amount to wash the face.

Cons: doesn't remove any blackheads and I didn't notice any pore improvement so far (using it almost a year, had both BB and usual version)
Would not recommend for dry skill: I have combination to oily skin and still it gives me the drying feeling want to apply some moisturizer right a way.

Price: pretty good (in Korea they often have sales and u can buy 2 bottles for less than 7$).
Packaging: it's very economic (150 ml). I used mine for almost 8 month (everyday use) as you need only small amount of it. The tube is fine, but once you have less than 1/3 left, it's hard to squeeze it.

on 6/3/2014 7:35:00 PM

I thought this product would be a strong exfoliating product. Instead it is actually very gentle. It smells very neutral and pleasant and lathers very easily when water is applied. The product feels gentle to the skin but has tiny granules to exfoliate the skin. My skin was left squeaky clean but did not feel dried out or scrubbed hard.

on 4/23/2014 5:56:00 PM

This cleanser is nothing special, as it does not meet up to its claims. Claims that the cleanser will clean out your pores, but doesn't in my experience. However, the cleanser cleans your face pretty decently it just doesn't treat any of your skin conditions. It doesn't seem to make anything worse (breakouts/facial redness), but doesn't calm skin (ie breakouts).

Pros: A little goes a long way, can place a small amount into palm and will lather into a rich foam. Did not make my current breakouts worse/more red. Face appeared to be brighter after use, but effect is not noticeable over a period of time. Gives you a clean feeling after use and during use.

Cons: Did not prevent any breakouts or help clear them up. Did not clear out my pores (as I was consistently checking in the mirror for cleaner pores/less blackheads.) Did not prevent buildup from my pores (I get extractions every 6 weeks and pores still had build-up.) Product does not exfoliate. Makes skin feel dry and tight after pat drying face.

Length of time used: approximately 4-5 months day and night use.

I purchased this product in South Korea, for about 7,000-8,000 Won, currently approximately $7-8.