Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub

Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub

4.5

Glycerin, Sodium chloride, Maris sal (Sea salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl stearate, Polysorbate 20, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Butylene glycol, PEG-100 stearate, Hydrated silica, Avena sativa (Oat) kernel meal, Aqua (Water), Butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl benzoate, Theobroma grandiflorum seed powder, Dipropylene glycol, Mel (Honey), Prunus amygdalus dulsis (sweet almond) seed extract, Musa sapientum (Banana) fruit extract, Benzyl alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Denatonium benzoate, Benzoic acid

on 7/6/2016 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is hands-down my favorite body scrub I've used. My skin is not particularly sensitive and I do not suffer from KP or other similar issues, so keep that in mind.

This scrub is a great blend of creamy & scrubby. I have tried scrubs in the past that are super harsh (LUSH sandstone soap or the Ocean Salt scrub). This gets the job done well, but doesn't feel scratchy or harsh. It has a very thick consistency that smoothes out nicely when mixed with water to spread well over the skin. It also has a good assortment of moisturizers in it to prevent your skin from drying too much, but isn't so thick that it leaves a film on the skin. I use this before fake tanning and it doesn't make the tanner go on streaky or fade quickly. The scent is absolutely heavenly- a comforting warm maple. It doesn't linger too long after showering, however, which could be a good or bad thing.

The only complaint I have is that the lid is a bit flimsy & thin, which makes it hard to remove/screw back on with one hand. The thicker consistency doesn't do well if a lot of water gets into the container, but it is so thick that you can just pour the excess out if you notice it accumulating. I definitely recommend this as an effective, lightly moisturizing, great smelling scrub.

on 6/22/2016 5:01:00 AM

This is one of the best scrubs I´ve ever used! The perfect amount of gritty, and the grittiness stays when you massage the skin and doesn´t dissolve like with many other scrubs. It´s not too abrasive, but the perfect amount to leave my skin smooth and soft. And the smell - so delicious! It rinses clean without leaving an oily film on the skin, which is something I very much appreciate because I like to moisturize properly afterwards. Perfect product, will definitely buy again!

To Read all 39 Reviews, Login or Join

The moment I smell this, I feel like eating something sweet. This is another product whereby its scent is a "hit-or-miss", but it really does get the job done! I've used various body scrubs and although it made my skin feel soft and smooth, those products have never given me that "smooth as a baby's butt" feeling.

This scrub isn't recommended for those with sensitive skin as it's very abrasive, but it gets the job done for me. I use it once every two weeks and once I rinse it off, I can't help but notice how soft my skin feels!

I like that the scrubbing agents in this product are organic too! Which means it's good for the environment :D

on 4/4/2016 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I only use this scrub once every two weeks as it is extremely abrasive but works amazingly at getting the dead skin off my body. Smells like some kind of delicious sweet mocha coffee. I wouldn't advise using however if your skins sensitive as it is a gritty rough scrub. I use this very infrequently but really does the trick. I always have the smoothest skin after using this.

on 1/18/2016 8:07:00 AM

The scent really does smell edible. It smells like granola. I tend to avoid foody scented body items, but there's something about the way the Soap & Glory people do them that I seem to like. Maybe it's that they don't have that fake creamy smell that I always hate. I enjoy the decadent feeling of using this granola like stuff on my bod. It works great, it leaves the skin nice and soft, especially if you use it regularly. It's not as effective as my favorite scrub (which is good old Trader Joes Lavender Salt Scrub). But it does the job without leaving any mess behind in the shower, which means I can use it more often. Would love it even more if it came in a tube.

on 11/21/2015 12:58:00 PM

I bought this at the recommendation of one of my YT beauty gurus. This is the first of her recommendations that I actually love. A word of caution, however. It doesn't smell "amazing." So if you're looking for the ultimate sensory experience, I wouldn't say this is it. It smells sort of like breakfast cereal. I don't smell any banana, and it smells nice, but I love it for different reasons. I need to use a scrub in order to shave my legs effectively. A scrub removes the dead, flaky skin around the hair follicles and prepares me for a smoother, closer shave. This does an excellent job and isn't oily. I don't like oily scrubs at all--I find they prevent the scrub from doing its job and they make the shower slippery.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome! Love warm "cozy" scents like this for fall and winter. Bought it for the smell, but I have been pleasantly surprised with how well it has exfoliated so far. My only downside is the tub. I love the look and feel of the tub, but find its not super practical in the shower. However, it doesn't bother me enough to knock off a star!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Good smell, creamy and gentle scrub but due to I have psoriasis my skin gets hurt. Recommended for every one who has strong and healthy skin.

on 9/26/2015 12:49:00 PM

A good scrub, leaves skin feeling smooth but I find the after smell, smells a little of stale tobacco..? Just me maybe... Wouldn't buy again because of this but otherwise does the job! X

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The best scrub of all time. Seriously. I didn't think I'd be a big fan of the maple syrup/oats scent when I first picked it up to give it a sniff in-store, but I was pleasantly surprised. It smells even better when you're taking a shower/bath. It lasts on the skin and I can smell it even after drying off and lounging around for a bit, until I apply my body butter. I like to use the Smoothie Star Whipped Body Butter after this scrub because I feel like the scents compliment each other perfectly.

This scrub does the job. It will scrub off all the dead skin from your body and leave you feeling baby soft. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the scrub doesn't do anything and all and 10 being it virtually scrubbed your healthy skin off too, I would give it a perfect 5. The texture is great.

The packaging is cute and while it can be a little inconvenient to use in the shower (I really try to avoid getting any water in my scrub container as much as possible), the product is so good that any fault you could find with the packaging is worth it.

As far as price point is concerned... when it was still sold at Sephora is was $22... now that Sephora has discontinued Soap and Glory products, I have found this scrub available with different online vendors for around $15... for your average joe this price is kind of high but let's be honest, Soap and Glory products are worth it. As long as this scrub is on the market, I will not purchase another.