Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub

Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub
S&G - Breakfast scrub

4.5

Glycerin, Sodium chloride, Maris sal (Sea salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl stearate, Polysorbate 20, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Butylene glycol, PEG-100 stearate, Hydrated silica, Avena sativa (Oat) kernel meal, Aqua (Water), Butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl benzoate, Theobroma grandiflorum seed powder, Dipropylene glycol, Mel (Honey), Prunus amygdalus dulsis (sweet almond) seed extract, Musa sapientum (Banana) fruit extract, Benzyl alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Denatonium benzoate, Benzoic acid

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I really really like Soap & Glory and I can find it in Boots easily. Great classic sugar scrub, doesn't irritate the skin like a salt scrub (but this does contain some salt), bit fan of the ingredients to include shea butter. I don't necessarily need a moisturizer after using this, but often follow with one during the dry winter months. I've gone on to purchase this twice already and a jar lasts a decent amount of time compared with other scrubs I've used.

I like everything about this but the smell, I really don't like smelling like pancakes after a shower. I find the maple scent overwhelms and stays on the skin so I cannot wear perfume after using this because the scent just doesn't mix. Because of this I only use this on the weekends.

on 1/11/2017 5:44:00 PM

I have quite sensitive skin and I suffer from Keratosis Pilaris (KP) (not too badly) which is sort of bumpy, goosy skin on the backs of my arms and a little on my thighs that can look red on my arms particularly. As all KP girls know, this means that I really need to exfoliate to unclog the pores, but 99% of exfoliators inflame the skin (common KP problem). KP also means you have dry skin. So exfoliation while properly moisturising are a hard balance to hit.

I've tried everything. I won't write a list because the idea exhausts me. The one thing that does help is St Ives Apricot Scrub. I've always thought it was cheap since it's only $10 a bottle, but I've recently realised that I really only get about 4 applications out of a bottle. Not so cheap. It is also a bit rough, but it was the only thing that helped so I've put up with that.

However, I've just started using the Breakfast Smoothie after picking it up for only $15AUD at Mecca. Very, very impressed. Of course it smells amazing, like other reviewers have said. It also seems to somehow melt into the skin just the tiniest bit making it easy to use. The exfoliating grains are small and not too rough but you can definitely feel that they're doing their thing. This is a very hard balance! So many exfoliators are either too rough that they feel like you're grinding harsh sand into your skin, or they're too gentle that they really don't do anything. This is perfect.

The best part of this exfoliator are the oils and moisturising ingredients. I feel like I don't need to apply body moisturiser after using this.

I also don't feel like I need to use a tonne - I rub a bit between by palms briefly and then apply to skin. It seems to happily spread. I do try to keep whatever body part I'm applying it to and the scrub out of the water - not sure if it would just dissolve in the water? It feels like it definitely wouldn't dissolve as quickly as a salt scrub though.

Will definitely keep using. It's also fun and luxurious - much more of a treat than the St Ives!!

on 12/13/2016 10:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product really helped with my dry skin and even removed fake tan. I apply a tablespoon amount to my loofah and just scrub. It also has the most delicious smell ever, like banoffee pie. I switch between this and the Sugar Crush body scrub.

on 9/6/2016 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall: 9/10

I like very scrubby body scrubs. This one is a sugar and salt scrub which makes it really effective even with a small amount. It smells like maple syrup and toasted muesli, really yummy. The price is not too expensive. I took one point off for the tub packaging, it does get water in it.

I would repurchase.

on 8/24/2016 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The overall texture was nice - felt scrubby but not too rough, and went on pretty easily. I didn't love the tub because it was hard to wrangle in the shower, and the scent was overwhelming (especially at first).

on 8/21/2016 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product smells awesome, love it. The texture is a really nice balance of gritty/abrasive with creamy. It feels really great on my arms, legs and feet. It does not dissolve as quickly in the shower as a regular sugar or salt scrub does - it has more scrub-power even with the water running. The packaging is just okay - I would prefer a squeeze bottle rather than a tub you have to open up and possibly get water inside, but it's not a huge deal. I will repurchase when this tub is finished. Great product.

on 7/6/2016 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is hands-down my favorite body scrub I've used. My skin is not particularly sensitive and I do not suffer from KP or other similar issues, so keep that in mind.

This scrub is a great blend of creamy & scrubby. I have tried scrubs in the past that are super harsh (LUSH sandstone soap or the Ocean Salt scrub). This gets the job done well, but doesn't feel scratchy or harsh. It has a very thick consistency that smoothes out nicely when mixed with water to spread well over the skin. It also has a good assortment of moisturizers in it to prevent your skin from drying too much, but isn't so thick that it leaves a film on the skin. I use this before fake tanning and it doesn't make the tanner go on streaky or fade quickly. The scent is absolutely heavenly- a comforting warm maple. It doesn't linger too long after showering, however, which could be a good or bad thing.

The only complaint I have is that the lid is a bit flimsy & thin, which makes it hard to remove/screw back on with one hand. The thicker consistency doesn't do well if a lot of water gets into the container, but it is so thick that you can just pour the excess out if you notice it accumulating. I definitely recommend this as an effective, lightly moisturizing, great smelling scrub.

on 6/22/2016 5:01:00 AM

This is one of the best scrubs I´ve ever used! The perfect amount of gritty, and the grittiness stays when you massage the skin and doesn´t dissolve like with many other scrubs. It´s not too abrasive, but the perfect amount to leave my skin smooth and soft. And the smell - so delicious! It rinses clean without leaving an oily film on the skin, which is something I very much appreciate because I like to moisturize properly afterwards. Perfect product, will definitely buy again!

The moment I smell this, I feel like eating something sweet. This is another product whereby its scent is a "hit-or-miss", but it really does get the job done! I've used various body scrubs and although it made my skin feel soft and smooth, those products have never given me that "smooth as a baby's butt" feeling.

This scrub isn't recommended for those with sensitive skin as it's very abrasive, but it gets the job done for me. I use it once every two weeks and once I rinse it off, I can't help but notice how soft my skin feels!

I like that the scrubbing agents in this product are organic too! Which means it's good for the environment :D

on 4/4/2016 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I only use this scrub once every two weeks as it is extremely abrasive but works amazingly at getting the dead skin off my body. Smells like some kind of delicious sweet mocha coffee. I wouldn't advise using however if your skins sensitive as it is a gritty rough scrub. I use this very infrequently but really does the trick. I always have the smoothest skin after using this.