clindamycin phosphate topical gel 1%

clindamycin phosphate topical gel 1%

4.2

I just have a question so First I wash my face then I put the stuff on .... but do I wash it off with water , or do I leave it on the whole day ?? •••Thumbs UP to wash it off ,,•••Thumbs DOWN to keep it on

Please help lol

I have been dealing with adult cystic acne and nothing was working for me. I have dry skin that is sensitive and a lot of products would burn my skin or make the acne worse. I went to a new dermatologist and gave her a list of all the treatments I have tried that did not work; topical gels/lotions, medication, washes, etc.

She gave me a prescription for a benzol perozide wash and this clindamycin phosphate 1% topical gel. She told me to use a moisturizer 20 minutes after applying the gel so that my skin doesn’t dry out.

I noticed a difference in my skin a few days. After 4 days, my cystic acne was almost gone. My skin was completely clear 2 weeks.

Here is my routine, twice a day. 1- Rince my face with lukewarm water and gently wash my face for 2 minutes with the benzol peroxide, rinse again with lukewarm water and gentle pat dry. 2- apply the clindamycin phosphate gel and gently massage it into my skin. 3- wait 20 minutes and apply moisturizer, I use Aveeno Ultra Calming daily moisturizer. The gel is sticky, but the moisturizer makes it better!

Now that my skin is cleared up, I only use the gel once a day where I used to get acne. It keeps my skin clear!

on 12/30/2017 12:02:00 PM

You’ve got to give this medication time to work. I do think this medicine works best in conjunction with hormonal therapy for hormonal acne, and also in conjunction with benzo peroxide.
I however have been using it on its own for the past three months I figured I would just give it a shot. I only use it on my jaw which is my problem area. I only use it at night because it’s sticky, I don’t like the finish and I don’t like the feel of it on my skin. So I only use it at night and it doesn’t matter. I think this has anti-inflammatory properties because I’ve really noticed a difference. I highly recommend!
My skin stays really clear already from spironolactone but that trouble area always used to break out one or two times during my monthly cycle. With adding the use of this medicine I know longer break out at all.

on 3/29/2017 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

BE PATIENT!

I have been using this product for about two weeks now. My acne was in no way severe, but definitely got out of hand when my proactiv stopped working for me. My derm prescribed me this to put on after my cleanser. At first, it broke me out even worse. What side of my face that was remotely clear bad papules and a ton of red spots. Then after about a week and a half, they subsides. Right now, I only have one big inflamed pimple on my cheek, and the rest are either drying up or a dark mark. Give it time, so far its doing okay.

on 8/17/2016 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is prescribed by my doctor. I used 2 of them which lasted about 3 to 4 months. It's not as effective as I wished, but I didn't have major hopes anyway. It DID work, but very slowly, and I was still getting acne as usual. I didn't get much bad reactions, at first my skin will itched for a couple of hours, but after several days as my skin got used to it I guess it longer happened.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff is great for surface-level acne and it helps prevent cysts from forming. Now that my skin is already dry, I find this product to be drying but I didn't when I was younger. It's a great product for teenage acne. It's covered completely by my insurance.

on 10/10/2015 1:32:00 PM

This stuff is awesome. Like the person below me, I don't want to use it everyday, but my God, it's so effective, I'm going to use it whenever I have an event in a couple of days or something. It works FAST.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Ridiculous! I don't usually suffer from more than the occasional pimple, but since transitioning off and then back on birth control pills, my chin has been a wreck. Angry looking acne, a new zit popping up every day, often cystic and painful. I tried using a salicylic acne wash at night and applying my usual Retin A more often, and no success whatsoever.

Enter Clindamycin 1% gel. I reluctantly (antibiotics are not something I wanna use regularly) started putting this on twice a day just a few days ago. Already, I have absolutely no zits. That's right -- I would usually have about eight different zits on my chin, but all I have now are red marks. The inflammation and zits are totally gone!

One great thing about this product is, for me, it is extremely gentle. When I use retinoids or salicylic acid as often as directed, my face gets so red my face get so red and it peels. Make up over red and peeled skin looks OK for two hours, but then when your face starts to exfoliate throughout the day, you end up looking horrifying. My grandma literally asked me what's wrong with my chin (LOL) -- not the case with clindamycin. It's so gentle I haven't noticed any dryness or redness.

This product is supposed to be used continually, but I can't imagine using an antibiotic every day. Yes, there is some systemic absorption. And it would totally suck to become resistant to this drug. So my game plan is to use it when things get bad!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Edit:
Only used it for a week and haven't tried it again- skin stayed the same, so I doubt it was this that caused the change... but ya never know...

-------

I have the one that comes in the bingo dapper looking bottle..

I was using epiduo for 4 months with little to no results -- the past week, i introduced clindamycin into the routine. HOLY COW--- amazing difference! It dries the hell outta those buggers. I use it as a spot treatment, i imagine my whole face would get dry if i used it everywhere.... I'll update again in a month

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a Godsend. I was prescribed this in highschool when acne and roscea got pretty bad. My skin became, flawless afterwards.

Speedup 10 years..... My acne is back and nastier than ever. Even worse, I don't have insurance so....

I break open four clindamycin pills, empty it into a bottle of sea breeze toner, and viola! DIY clindamycin toner.

I applied this toner daily. My cystic acne and roscea are completely gone with a month.

Make sure you follow up with a good moisturizer and maybe an acne system like murad. That's what I use.