It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Poreless Finish HD Micro-Powder

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Poreless Finish HD Micro-Powder

4.1

Silica, Soluble Collagen, Retinyl Palmitate (and) Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytonadione, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein. May Contain: Iron Oxide CI 77492

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Major flashback, be careful when taking flash photography because you will look like a ghost and have random patches of white if you don't blend well. It seemed to set makeup well and controlled oil for the most part. If you're not worried about taking pictures with flash, it should be fine. I personally prefer the Laura Mercier translucent powder instead of this one. This wasn't a bad powder, but it was not for me. I don't want to have to be worried about hiding away when someone decides to take flash photos.

I bought this HD powder from Ulta a few months ago, and it surprised me how "HD" it really was! It can make your foundation go from waxy to natural, like that. It's hard to describe exactly what it does, you'd have too see for yourself, but the change before and after you put it on is DRAMATIC in a SUBTLE way.

SOME TIPS: It's very easy to fall in love and put too much on, and it will ruin the effect if you do, so I recommend gradually building it up with smaller amounts on your puff/brush.

ALSO: don't be an idiot like me and tear off all of the sticker-layer at once! You will have a very hard time getting the right amount of product and it will be hard to avoid over-loading your brush so if you're using it for the first time, be smart and only tear off 1/4 of the sticker!

All in all, this is a unique powder that definitely owns up to its promise of "HD" and "Poreless" look, but I would not recommend spending the ~$30 on it unless you are looking for those *specific* effects.

To Read all 58 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/1/2016 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder works great with a damp beauty blender! I don't love it used with just a brush though, it doesn't get pushed into your skin enough to make the "no more pores" effect happen.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just got this in the pressed powder form and love it! So light and covers my redness! Sold! Will definitely repurchase in the future!

on 3/28/2016 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after being disappointed by the much over-hyped Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder.

I have large pores and am generally an oily gal. I first used this to set my undereye concealer and areas around my nose and cheeks where I have the most pores. I couldn't believe how SILKY this felt on the skin. It didn't crease up or feel dry on my undereye area -- in fact, it felt kind of hydrated. I quickly graduated to using this all over my face to set my makeup and I couldn't be happier. It really does erase pores and leaves this amazing silky, hydrating feeling on the skin. It do touch up with a more mattifying powder about halfway through the day but I don't mind at all since this product does so much more than just control oil.

A+ from someone who has pores the size of the moon.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tried this and the pressed version of this. While this seemed to work a slight tad (a VERY slight tad) better, this still did not do what it claims to do, at least not for me. My pores were slightly SLIGHTLY very slightly diminished. Nothing remarkable and certainly nothing I would look at myself and go 'hey, that product really works!!'..no. :( One nice thing is I do not detect a scent and it did not irritate my skin. But it does not do what it claims to do, at least not for me. :( The search for a pore-blurring powder continues...

After purchased the pressed powder version of this and loving it I knew I had to have the loose powder as well and picked it up less than one week later! Less is more as the reviewers before me have advised. I only removed one third of the protective tab over the holes so very little is dispensed, much easier to control it this way. I tend to get very oily in my T-zone within a few hours of putting on my makeup then have to resort to blotting papers, or applying a Mattifying oil control moisturizer (NeoStrata - which works amazing by the way!) and powder. Enter It Cosmetics... What a game changer! First benefit, blurs pores! Second benefit, controls oil! Third benefit, sets makeup! And the list goes on... I agree whole heartedly with the comment that this should be the last step, as blush seems to fade if applied overtop of this powder but underneath it remains all day long. While I say "last step" I actually mean in terms of applying makeup. For me, the final step is to gently mist rose water to lock it all in place and reduce the potential for any cakiness or accentuated dry flakes, this does give skin a healthy natural look too. This powder leaves your skin feeling silky soft and smooth all day. It is not chalky or powdery, just silky smooth, velvet soft texture. Wish I had discovered this sooner. I've tossed all other powders except this one and the pressed powder compact version as it is better for travel and those just in case touch ups that I expect will be required more when the weather gets warmer.

on 3/4/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Love this powder. Definitely makes my pores disappear and that is no small feat. My pores are absolutely huge lately (I guess age and those younger years tanning didn't help!). This really helps disguise the pores and lasts all day. I did notice it clinging to some dry patches, so that seems to be the only drawback. However, it's winter and my skin is unusually dry from some topicals from the derm. So I'm keeping the powder and just remembering to really moisturize.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product out of desperation. My tried and true pressed powder Dermablend setting powder was out of stock in the store. The Ulta sale's clerk raved out this product and said how much better it was compared to Dermablend. So I tried it, they were so right!

I am oily. Dermablend would control my oil, but at the end of the day, my face was tacky and I did not want to touch my face. WIth IT Cosmetics, my skin at the end of the day felt soft due to the silk ingredient in IT Cosmetics and it felt smooth to the touch. I actually touched my face and was wow, I feel nice.

IT Cosmetics did settle into fine lines under my eyes, but I forgot to use an eye cream. Once I used eye cream, the powder did not settle into my fine lines.

This is WAY more expensive than Dermablend, but a tiny dot will do your entire face. Don't go crazy.

Update 3/24/2016 Be careful how much you apply of this product. In high flash photography, you will see white spots on your face, just like movie stars. This is not a setting powder, use it very lightly. But I still still love this product.

on 2/13/2016 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this, everyone raves about this being the perfect setting powder. But it makes my make up look worse and settles into my fine lines. I'm still struggling to find a way for it to work. Way past the time to return it, so I'll keep trying.