Aveeno Active Naturals Smart Essentials Nighttime Moisture Infusion

Aveeno Active Naturals Smart Essentials Nighttime Moisture Infusion

3.1

on 2/16/2017 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Throwing this out after using less than a week. The first few days went ok, then noticed I was getting little bumps all over my face. It is horrible. Wish I would have come here and read the reviews first before wasting money on this item.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very acne prone skin that is also very sensitive, especially to fragrances while also being extremely oily. I wanted to get the Ultra Calming Night Cream because it's specifically designed for sensitive skin but knowing that most creams targeted towards sensitive skin are also targeted towards extremely dry skin I went with this instead hoping that it would calm down my redness and smooth out my bumpy skin without feeling too heavy and clogging my pores which results in cystic acne for me. This cream is very thick and has a light citrus fragrance. It helps to smooth out my bumpy skin but feels pretty light at the same time. The fragrance has not made my face red at all, broken me out or caused any serious sensitivity issues that I can notice. I use a Benzoyl Peroxide face wash for my cystic acne and that can make my skin a little irritated while getting rid of my acne at the same time and this night cream evens out the moisture in my skin.

on 5/6/2016 7:17:00 PM

I bought this night cream about a week ago and have been using it since(until today)because it was a bit less than the Neutrogena one I had been using. I figured Aveeno has a pretty reputation so why not? I used the cream at night and by the time I woke up I had broken out! No Bueno. I don't easily break out nor do I have sensitive skin but this broke me out. This is the only new product that I introduced into my skin routine so I assumed it was the culprit but after having read similar reviews here, I'm always positive that this was the cause of my breakouts. Wouldn't recommend. Does smell nice though.

I was scared to try this because of some of the bad reviews, but I really do like this cream. I've used it nightly for 8 days now and my skin is so smooth and it has really evened out. My face looks well rested and "good." I've had no breakouts at all (certain creams break me out on my forehead and sides of my nose because I'm oily there) or blocked pores. Im going to continue and finish the jar.

on 1/24/2015 5:11:00 PM

I never have a problem with break-outs, I'm too old and have pretty good skin but after a few nights of this, I realized where all of the bumpy skin was coming from! This is the only new product I was using and it's going in the trash! I see from reading reviews, others have had a problem with this as well! Stay away from this is my advice.

Great product.....nice smell, but I think I'll stick to the Neutrogena night cream, since it costs a bit less than this one

on 12/22/2013 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Definitely a night cream. Takes ages to sink into the skin but delivers decent hydration once it does.
Some people have said it broke them out, I'm not sure if it's done anything like that for me. I bought it at a wits end as it was oil-free/non-comedogenic and I'm fed up with congestion. It hasn't made me worse, as far as I can tell. Either way it wasn't too expensive (compared with other moisturisers/night creams).
My biggest gripe is the smell. It actually makes my eyes water, it's that strong. If there was a fragrance-free version I'd consider buying again/using it more. Also not too pleased with the jar..

This is the worst moisturizer I've ever used, & I usually like Aveeno products....but this particular one is making me question the quality of Aveeno products. This isn't the worst moisturizer because it doesn't moisturize, it's the worst because of what it does to your skin! (Mind you, I don't break out too easily). But this causes you to break out like no other, this is HEAVILY fragranced, & very thick & sticky. I wouldn't reccommend this to my worst enemy. Be warned. This stuff probably did derive from below, like the previous reviewer described. I wish I would've kept my receipt so I could've returned this.

on 1/18/2013 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is the devil. Seriously, if the devil were to have a baby with a mass produced product this would be the off spring. I only used this once and woke up the next day with half of my face being "lizard skin" like some of the other reviewers have mentioned. It's so itchy and feels so gross, like an iguana on a very bad day. If you see this don't turn your back, walk away slowly and just for good measure if you happen to have some holy water with you.....throw it at all the jars of this stuff!

on 12/23/2012 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I brought this about 2 months ago and I am currently not using it anymore because the consistency is just way too creamy and oily for my horrible acne-prone/oily skin.
The packaging is not hygienic at all since it is in a tub.
It was causing my skin to breakout with tons of white heads on my forehead which I don't usually get there at all.
I do not recommend this to anyone who have acne-prone and oily skin because it would not benefit you in anyway.