e.l.f. Cosmetics Matte Finisher

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/21/2012 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Been looking for a matte topcoat for a while and didn't want to spend 7 on the Essie one in case I didn't like it, Saw the elf one and purchased it for 1.50 just to try out the matte look. I love this so much! It works so well! Theres no reason for me to even buy the Essie one now because this is so good, will repurchase when I run out. Everyone should buy it just to try it!

on 3/28/2012 11:47:00 AM

I love this stuff! At first I wasn't entirely convinced about the matte look so I bought this as a cheap way of trying it out. I do love glossy nail varnish but some shades can look better in matte. This stuff is a great consistency, goes on smoothly and dries super quick. It doesn't alter the colour of your nail varnish when you paint it on (unless you put on a really thick coat of it) and is really cheap at 1.50.

I wasn't too impressed with my bottle when I first got it though, it looked like part of the inside of the lid had been shaved off and the little bits ended up in my bottle. This hasn't affected it in any way, it's just a bit annoying. I would buy this again though :)

on 2/18/2012 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this product, cost only 1.50 and it does exactly what you want it to do.
After applying a base coat, and two coats of a nail polish, you just apply it on top and watch it turn your nails matte. It dries pretty quickly and works just as well as high end brand ones i have tried in the past.

Absolutely love this product! I put it on my nails when they are semi dry and it dries instantly speeding up the whole "waiting around for your nails to dry" which is a great benefit.
It looks great and creates a unique look. It is also good to put over glitter based nail varnishes, it makes them look more grown up as some glitter polishes do tend to look 'childish'.
Im hooked and would defiantly buy again!

I love this polish! It gives such a nice unique finish. When my nails are semi dry, I put this on top and my whole nail takes about 10 seconds to dry. It's amazing, I will definitely repurchase this.

on 10/30/2011 12:36:00 AM

This is a great matte top coat. But I have found a much better use for it.
I use this as a base coat to "grip" the nail polish and it makes my manicures wear like iron. If you have this, or any matte top coat, I encourage you to give it a try as a base coat. Don't forget to wrap your tips for extra long wear!

on 8/24/2011 2:45:00 PM

I love this product!

It only arrived today but I had to try it out and I love the way it looks.

I've added a picture (one at the top with the multi-coloured nails). I've used the Matte Finisher over a number of my favourite polishes, just to give an idea of how it comes out: L-R: 17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish in Parma Violet, 17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish in Seabreeze, Rimmel Lycra Wear in Milk Chocolate, Nails Inc Vanilla Bliss from the Cadbury's Ltd. Edition and the thumb is in Leighton Denny Do Me A Flavour.

You can see on the nail in Seabreeze that I didn't cover the nail, and there's a slight shine at the bottom, that's how well it works. Also the Nails INC has a shimmer, the Matte doesn't work for that really (as predicted).

All in all it doesn't have the thick look that a normal Matte polish does, it means you don't have to buy special Matte polishes, it widens the range of colours you can have in Matte and it will probably mean your Matte Manicure will last a hell of a lot longer!

Oh, and it's really cheap.

on 7/23/2011 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE this top coat, its perfect for me as i'm constantly changing my nail colours to match outfits etc. I paid 1.50 from the UK website and it was 100% worth it, E.L.F products are fab and really worth the money

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is fantastic! As the previous reviewer said it practically doubles your nail polish collection! I always wanted to try matte polishes but feared I might not like them and end up wasting money on a shade I would rarely use so when this came out I wanted to try it. I posted a pic of it myself see pics above.

The product is meant to look kind of matte and murky looking. I apply it after 2 coats of my fave OPI nail polish and it instantly starts to dry without removing any of the colour. You see the effect instantly as it starts to dry turning the polish into a matte one. The effect is practically instantaneous and quick drying! I actually find that it works great as a rapid drying top coat for matte nails! I love the effect it gives.

The only downside to it which is why I did not give it a 5 lipstick rating is that it tends to wear off after a day or 2 and I find that I have to reapply a coat of it to achieve the full matte effect once again but a little really goes a long way! It is not sticky or lumpy at all, it glides easily on the nail polish and I don't use much of it. One coat gives an excellent matte effect for at least a day or 2 I would say. One last negative thing I noticed is that (since I presume, it works by drying out the nail varnish?), the nail polish tends to chip away quicker than it usually does when I don't use it.

All in all I would recommend it to those who like me, wish to try out Matte nail polish but are not too sure about it... this finisher gives you the chance to try it on any colour you have ;) I have restocked on it in fact already!

on 3/26/2011 12:51:00 PM

This is a great product that literally doubles your nail polish wardrobe. This matte finisher is basically a top coat you can use to mattify any nail shade you already have. I had been coveting the Essie matte top coat for a while, but it cost $8-$9, which I was a little hesitant to spend, especially since I might not necessarily use it that often. Luckily, I discovered ELF's equivalent. I got this for $0.40 during their anniversary sale over the summer and I'm quite impressed.

It makes you nails matte and it doesn't end up giving you a crackled effect. It's very smooth and gives nail a velvety effect. It's a very sophisticated look! For such a cheap price, even at $1, it's definitely worth a try. Since matte nail polishes do tend to chip faster than regular polish, don't expect to get a week of wear from this. However, I do find that if I start off a manicure with regular polish and apply this matte topcoat a couple of days into the wear before the nail polish starts to chip, I can get an extra 2 days of wear out of this.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this if you want to try the matte trend. It's very inexpensive and allows you to experiment with many different looks!