Chanel Rouge Coco Shine #63 Rebelle

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine #63 Rebelle
HE lipsticks (my stash as of August 5th 2011)

4.5

on 6/7/2014 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am scared of red lipstick. I have tan-golden skin, not voluptuous-full lips, so nude lips are very comfortable for me. This is the first red lipstick that I actually love. I've tried red lipsticks before! I think they look rather aging if you ask me! But this has a coral-orange tinge to it which pops on my skin yet enhancing. All of these blue lipsticks are not so flattering on me. And I've tried a pink-red lipstick and perhaps it was the formula or something but I looked like a cheap hooker. This is a sheer lipstick and shiny, also perks which i like very much. I dispise matte lipsticks, they make my lips look thinner and this plumps them up and the formula feels so great. I can only complain about the price. There was a sale and I got this half off. I'm thankful, I would have never considered red lipstick.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a sleek, shiny, classic bright red. It reminds me of a sportscar. I love this red and it can be toned down with a deep red lip liner. I think this shade is great on blondes and I love the Rouge coco shine finish (slightly glossy). This lipstick is quite sheer and I like to apply it in layers.

on 10/11/2011 9:14:00 PM

I purchase two rouge coco shine recently and both have the same pros and cons.
I have to say right away I prefer long lasting lipstick, I have pigmented lips and I need coverage. That's where Rouge coco shine fail for me, yes those lipsticks are moisturizing and light. I actually really like the colour, Rebelle is a nice red with yellow under tone so great for people who have warm tone (like me) it is a swipe and go lipstick BUT after two hours it is all gone! No lasting powers and sheer (too sheer) It is an expensive lipstick acting more like a lipgloss. :(

on 7/19/2011 11:11:00 AM

I love this lipstick! It's probably the best daytime red if you don't want to wear a "full-on" red lipstick. The texture is gorgeous, moisturizing, non-sticky and not too glossy. Just perfect. I was cautious about the new Rouge Coco "shine" line because I'm not a fan of glossy lipsticks, but Chanel really outdid themselves with this one.
The red is something inbetween a true red and a cherry red/ slightly cool-based I'd say, but not too noticeable. Both my mum and I wear it, and she's way more warm-toned than me (think dark hair, olive skin) and it looks amazing on both of us.
The packaging is the usual Chanel quality: sturdy, elegant in black and gold (the tub is a little slimmer than the regular Rouge Coco lipsticks). The top clicks on safely.
Yes, it's no cheap lipstick. But to me it's worth every cent I paid for it.

on 6/15/2011 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Maybe it's the name "Rebelle", maybe it's the fact that it's Chanel, but this is possibly the chicest red lipstick I've ever seen - it's understated Parisian glam in a tube. Wear it with neutral eye shadow and a little black liner along with a cute striped shirt, and you'll instantly feel as though you should be strolling along the Seine. It's a vibrant cherry red that's suitable for even the fairest of skin tones, and would be equally flattering on darker skin as well. While the Rouge Coco Shine formula doesn't wear as well as that of the Rouge Allures for me, the shine and balm-like texture are worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this!!! So smooth, great color. Instant mood lifter! I didn't think this would work for my nw20 skin but i was pleasantly surprised.