CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine #63 Rebelle

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine #63 Rebelle
HE lipsticks (my stash as of August 5th 2011)

4.1

All the rouge coco shine lipsticks I've tried are very nice. They have great color payoff, feels smooth on my lips and don't dry my lips out. One thing I would say about them is that they are quite fragranted, so it will be good to check whether the scent is offensive or not before buying. This particular shade is a sheer orange red, and it looks so beautiful against blue/navy outfits.

on 3/12/2014 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Very nice bright warm red! Perfect for spring/summer! It doesn't last and it's best used with a lipliner (like Rimmel 1000 kisses in Red Dynamite) as it tends to travel outside the mouth lines... Only con as far as I'm concerned. Absolutely love this little red gem!!

on 6/11/2012 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just bought this today after being on the fence for days between it and Monte Carlo. Glad I got this one. Looks pretty orange in the tube, but on my fairly pigmented lips it's a true red. LOVE how sheer it is since lipstick that is too pigmented scares me and so rarely gets worn out (as another poster mentioned!); bought a red from Lancome a few years back which is pretty much the same shade, not sure I have ever worn it out because it is so pigmented! Plus you can layer the color with this one. Really lovely packaging, as one would expect, but only gets four lippies, because for that price I would not expect it to be at all drying (although maybe lipsticks are by their very nature more drying than glosses?)

UPDATE: After trying some other lipsticks, I have discovered that this has absolutely NO staying power, plus it fades really unevenly for me, downgrading from 4 to 3 stars. However, have gotten a few compliments on it.

on 12/21/2011 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Beautiful, vibrant coral-red shade. Sheer formulation, but buildable. I have three Rouge Coco Shines now and still want more. This is a very flattering, vibrant red shade on my fair skin. Makes me feel like a J Crew model with their bright punchy orangey-red lips, worn with just mascara and a bit of neutral blush.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a sleek, shiny, classic bright red. It reminds me of a sportscar. I love this red and it can be toned down with a deep red lip liner. I think this shade is great on blondes and I love the Rouge coco shine finish (slightly glossy). This lipstick is quite sheer and I like to apply it in layers.

on 10/11/2011 9:14:00 PM

I purchase two rouge coco shine recently and both have the same pros and cons.
I have to say right away I prefer long lasting lipstick, I have pigmented lips and I need coverage. That's where Rouge coco shine fail for me, yes those lipsticks are moisturizing and light. I actually really like the colour, Rebelle is a nice red with yellow under tone so great for people who have warm tone (like me) it is a swipe and go lipstick BUT after two hours it is all gone! No lasting powers and sheer (too sheer) It is an expensive lipstick acting more like a lipgloss. :(

on 4/27/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A true ruby color! This is close to Monte Carlo but rubier! It shows up very sheer on my lips but with a lot of color payoff. It goes on smoothly and moisturizes like a lip balm. The color is perfect for a summer outing or even a formal dinner. Great color and don't let the red scare you. I promise it'll show up chic once you put it on.

on 4/2/2011 2:26:00 AM

"Rebelle" is the Rouge Coco Shine version of "Enthusiast" in the Rouge Allure formula - a very flattering bright coral-red on both warm and cool toned skin.

I almost bought Rebelle but decided that for such an opaque colour, I prefered a longer-lasting formula, which is when the MUA showed me Enthusiast (love!). I recommend both, as they're both very lovely, but if you want more wear, less shine, go for the Rouge Allure.