CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine #63 Rebelle

Filtered by skin type : Dry
CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine #63 Rebelle
HE lipsticks (my stash as of August 5th 2011)

4.8

All the rouge coco shine lipsticks I've tried are very nice. They have great color payoff, feels smooth on my lips and don't dry my lips out. One thing I would say about them is that they are quite fragranted, so it will be good to check whether the scent is offensive or not before buying. This particular shade is a sheer orange red, and it looks so beautiful against blue/navy outfits.

on 3/12/2014 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Very nice bright warm red! Perfect for spring/summer! It doesn't last and it's best used with a lipliner (like Rimmel 1000 kisses in Red Dynamite) as it tends to travel outside the mouth lines... Only con as far as I'm concerned. Absolutely love this little red gem!!

on 7/19/2011 11:11:00 AM

I love this lipstick! It's probably the best daytime red if you don't want to wear a "full-on" red lipstick. The texture is gorgeous, moisturizing, non-sticky and not too glossy. Just perfect. I was cautious about the new Rouge Coco "shine" line because I'm not a fan of glossy lipsticks, but Chanel really outdid themselves with this one.
The red is something inbetween a true red and a cherry red/ slightly cool-based I'd say, but not too noticeable. Both my mum and I wear it, and she's way more warm-toned than me (think dark hair, olive skin) and it looks amazing on both of us.
The packaging is the usual Chanel quality: sturdy, elegant in black and gold (the tub is a little slimmer than the regular Rouge Coco lipsticks). The top clicks on safely.
Yes, it's no cheap lipstick. But to me it's worth every cent I paid for it.

The local Chanel counter recently got a makeover -- great lighting, tons of mirrors, inviting counters and seats -- and so I went in to take a look. I had never purchased Chanel cosmetics before, but they had always had a certain draw, an allure. This new line of lipsticks looked interesting. I tried on Rebelle and it was love at first swipe.

The formula is sheer but still pigmented, in a don't-need-a-mirror sort of way. My lips certainly feel moist, but the lipstick isn't very hydrating, and I need balm after wearing it for a few hours.

And the colour! Red with a touch of coral, just orange enough for my NC20 skin, dark hair and green eyes. It's lovely with nothing else on, and works well with simple eye makeup.

The formula, colour and packaging are all top-notch, exactly what I expected Chanel to be.