Twin by Azzaro

No Image

3.3

on 9/27/2016 5:17:00 PM

Sometimes I wonder if a fragrance gremlin is switching out my purchases.

The reviewers below describe something divine, exactly the scent I sought during a significant chunk of my life, and most probably will seek again. The reality, or anyway the fragrance that got left in my mailbox?

OK, first, the elephant in the room: I am a fairly frank and sometimes bawdy person by nature, but even I am daunted by the vulgarity of the bottle. I find myself unable even to gift it without imagining tortured, self-consciously ironic explanations. In a minimum of words, the bottle looks like a drugstore vibrator. The kind that is meant to suggest sexual usage but be subtle enough to allow placement in the contraceptive shelfs.

Second, it opens with a seriously chemical waft -- and I don't, generally, complain about chemical wafts since if you lie down with the dogs you get chemical fleas. But this is... really, this is just too much.

Third, it dries down through a few stages like Chemical-Exposure Comic
Book Villain, drugstore fragrance powder heart, 'Am I citrus or just Frankenfruit," "Has someone been spraying air freshener?," not-sure-we-like-amber amber, and finishes at its highest point -- dryer sheet. Or, rather, dollar store no-name dryer sheet.

I have to believe, since Azzaro is usually fairly solid, that this is either the fragrance gremlin or my skin. I'm trying to figure out who has skin so different from mine that this would at least be different on them. I don't know if it will be better, but different would be a good start.

on 1/13/2014 2:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Twin is musky, creamy and light. The opening freshly sprayed is a blast of chemical aromas which, thankfully, soon mellow into a blending of notes of mouthwatering blackcurrant, ripe peaches and fresh roses. An almond note, somewhat medicinal, comes into play, and then takes over for a shortwhile, before settling down and blending together into an accord of fresh almond, fruity peach & bright, youthful rose. After a bit the musk then becomes apparent and is joined by the note of iris. By this point Twin is truly glorious smelling in my opinion, even though I have to apply quite a bit of it to get a true sense of it.

The dry down, hours later, is creamy and mild with the aromas of fresh milky almonds, peach and musk

As I write this, Azzaro Twin is easily my favorite fragrance, as it has everthing I currently look for in a personal scent: fresh ripe fruit, bright floralcy; creaminess / milkiness; no spicy / incense notes; femininity; mildness and simplicity.

I enjoy as well the complex, 'whole kitchen sink' type fragrance that has a huge pyramid consisting of multiple florals, fruits, spices, herbs, incense, resins, cognac, honey, leather, vanilla, woods, musk and animalic notes and have quite a few in my perfume collection. It's just that these day I more often desire femininity and comfort in a fragrance first and foremost.

I just received my first order of Azzaro Twin a few of days ago and will definitely place another order very soon.

on 3/22/2011 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a surprisingly nice edt. The official notes are: rose, peach, almond tree flower, iris and musk. It gives a light creamy/powdery feel and it can be easily worn during the day or even at night.I wouldn't consider it a sexy/date fragrance but but more of a cosy and comforting scent. Unfortunately, it is very short-lived, as it lasts for less that three hours on me. The packaging is ridiculous!

Popular Fragrances