Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Lotion

Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Lotion
Hada Lobo Arbutin Whitening Lotion

3.3

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Arbutin, Disodium Succinate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, PPG 10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Sodium Hyaluronate, styrene/VP Copolymer, Succinic Acid, Tremella Fuciformis Polysaccharide

on 5/13/2018 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This was one of the first hydrating toners that I have every purchased. It is a slightly viscous that provides some very light moisture. It is ideal for those with oily skin. I also found it very calming after heavy duty use of acids or Retin A. I do not feel it provided much in the way of treating hyperpigmentation.

The thing with arbutin is that it takes time to see any skin brightening. You need to build it up on your skin for at least eight to twelve weeks before you notice the difference. But when it does start the results are amazing. The big brown old spots take forever to noticeably fade but the tiny brown spots you see in a magnifying mirror start breaking apart which contributes to the skin brightening overall. When you apply this BEFORE your other skin brightening like vitamin C serums or spot fading treatments you will find your skin responds better to them and they will work faster.

Adding this after my cleansing made a huge difference. Hydrated healthy skin responds better and faster to treatments as opposed to a dehydrated one. I also use the shirojyun essence on top and the AHA BHA cleanser before this but i use a different brightening moisturizer at night. The face mask is great once a week to boost skin’s luminosity. Texture is very light and best for daytime, oilier skin or hot summer days.

MANAGE EXPECTATIONS: this is not a bleaching product, you will only be as fair as the day you were born or that area in your body that does not get any sun. It wont change your caramel skin into porcelain. It does make an effective tan fader and prevents new brown spots from forming.

on 11/29/2017 11:45:00 AM

I've been using this lotion for as a moisturiser for summer. I guess some people use it as a toner but I live in a humid city so on hot days, I just put this on and then sunscreen. I don't need anything else. It is very light and refreshing. I am not too concerned about its whitening properties since I am already fair...but I think it does fade my acne scars a bit. It is best used with the Hadalabo foaming cleanser.

on 9/3/2017 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this in my search for a good HA serum and it fit the bill...until I found the Premium lotion/toner, which is much more hydrating. At any rate, this didn't break me out or irritate my sensitive acne-prone skin, but it didn't do much other than hydrate lightly. I didn't notice any real whitening though my skin is usually the lightest in any foundation line already. Great light layering lotion with antioxidant protection (MAP).

Ive been using diz product in 7days.. At first in 1-3 days had pimple on my forehead and whitehead come out around my mouth.. But i know it bcos orf my previous skincare product tht i use..so i continue to use hada labo .. U must follow d instruction, tapping ur face while put in on ur face.. And it works.. Pimple now almost gone.. And also whitehead!.. I used this 3 times a day.. Haha.. D results , my face look dewy

on 4/13/2017 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I liked everything about this toner lotion, except that it broke my skin out in a rash due to unknown sensitivities. However I would still recommend it, it absorbs really quickly, it helps to slightly even your skin (if used with sunscreen) helps to lightly hydrate your skin. I gave my bottle to my mother and she has been using for months and likes how simple it is and non greasy. This stuff lasts for ages as well.

Just a shame I can't use it.

on 8/18/2016 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

MY SKIN IS RUINED
THANK YOU HADA LABO (T.T)

I have oily skin and mildly sensitive skin and I had a major breakout recently so it left some scars. I used this just once at night and the next morning I woke up, I had several comedones. Also overnight, I did realize that I kept scratching my face.

Maybe it's because I used the Light version but I highly doubt that that would be the reason as to why I broke out with comedones overnight. I had applied a hydrating mask after it and applied a sleeping pack as well, so it may not be because it was light.

on 3/3/2016 3:35:00 AM

I use this product as a toner and also moisturiser, sometimes when Im lazy. I find it hydrating and keep my skin dewy and supple. Im long time user of hada labo toner/ whitening lotion.

on 6/23/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have oily/dehydrated, acne/clog prone skin with a damaged moisture barrier. And I have done a lot to calm ALL of that down and balance it out.

I think this product is a great price, but I THINK I accidentally purchased this thinking it was "Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion" I don't know what I thought or bought. My fault and not a fault of the product.

It gets 3 lippies only because it doesn't work for me. I changed nothing else about my routine and when I introduced this product I actually found this oddly makes my skin feel dry and tight. My guess is that my skin doesn't like the Arbutin ingredient. I did notice some of my marks faded faster, but I also started to breakout mildly along my jaw line. As soon as I stopped this product, my skin stopped feeling dry and the bumps calmed down and went away.

I love hada labo tokyo replenishing hydrator. It's HG for me and it cleared my flakes and balanced out my moisture barrier. I am going to order "Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion" soon and hope that works for the days when I need a pinch more hydration than the tokyo hydtrator alone gives. YMMV.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this product a few weeks ago. So a bought a whole range of hada labo whitening set. I've been using it twice a day for about 10 days now and noticed that it gives me tiny bumps all over my forehead. It got worse tonight (that's when i decide to write this review)
Though, the skin on my cheeck feels soft and supple.
I haven't noticed any whitening effect yet ( probably because it has only been 10days)
My skin has never had any problems with breakouts or tiny bumps before. I am very Disappointed right now.