Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Lotion

Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Lotion
Hada Lobo Arbutin Whitening Lotion

3.1

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Arbutin, Disodium Succinate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, PPG 10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Sodium Hyaluronate, styrene/VP Copolymer, Succinic Acid, Tremella Fuciformis Polysaccharide

on 8/18/2016 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

MY SKIN IS RUINED
THANK YOU HADA LABO (T.T)

I have oily skin and mildly sensitive skin and I had a major breakout recently so it left some scars. I used this just once at night and the next morning I woke up, I had several comedones. Also overnight, I did realize that I kept scratching my face.

Maybe it's because I used the Light version but I highly doubt that that would be the reason as to why I broke out with comedones overnight. I had applied a hydrating mask after it and applied a sleeping pack as well, so it may not be because it was light.

on 3/3/2016 3:35:00 AM

I use this product as a toner and also moisturiser, sometimes when Im lazy. I find it hydrating and keep my skin dewy and supple. Im long time user of hada labo toner/ whitening lotion.

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this product a few weeks ago. So a bought a whole range of hada labo whitening set. I've been using it twice a day for about 10 days now and noticed that it gives me tiny bumps all over my forehead. It got worse tonight (that's when i decide to write this review)
Though, the skin on my cheeck feels soft and supple.
I haven't noticed any whitening effect yet ( probably because it has only been 10days)
My skin has never had any problems with breakouts or tiny bumps before. I am very Disappointed right now.

on 6/23/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have oily/dehydrated, acne/clog prone skin with a damaged moisture barrier. And I have done a lot to calm ALL of that down and balance it out.

I think this product is a great price, but I THINK I accidentally purchased this thinking it was "Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion" I don't know what I thought or bought. My fault and not a fault of the product.

It gets 3 lippies only because it doesn't work for me. I changed nothing else about my routine and when I introduced this product I actually found this oddly makes my skin feel dry and tight. My guess is that my skin doesn't like the Arbutin ingredient. I did notice some of my marks faded faster, but I also started to breakout mildly along my jaw line. As soon as I stopped this product, my skin stopped feeling dry and the bumps calmed down and went away.

I love hada labo tokyo replenishing hydrator. It's HG for me and it cleared my flakes and balanced out my moisture barrier. I am going to order "Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion" soon and hope that works for the days when I need a pinch more hydration than the tokyo hydtrator alone gives. YMMV.

on 5/5/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Update: 12 October 2015
My melasma is noticeably fading and complexion overall much brighter. Perhaps not down to this product alone but it has been apart of my daily routine more most of the year and has worked well in combination with daily AHA exfoliation, Arbutin cream, and serums/moisturisers that contain vitamin C, liquorice root and loads of niacinamide. That leads me to believe that this combo of ingredients, many of which are already in this Hada Labo lotion, are effective at fading hypermigmentation and brightening skin when used with adequate sun protection. I stopped using it for a month when it was a suspect for causing rough skin, but it it was not this product at fault and my skin became smoother upon reintroduction. I've also discovered patting it on to face gently with fingers and leaving it to absorb rather than removing excess with cotton pad has improved moisture retention. Adding a lippie and changing to a yes for repurchase.

-----

After more than 4 months of use I'm haven't noticed any whitening or brightening. This was my first product with Arbutin and although I had high hopes for its potential to fade hypermigmentation, I'm not seeing any results even when using it with complementary products like the vitamin C in Hada Labo whitening essence. I love that Hada Labo includes hyuralonic acid in their products, but don't find this lotion (toner) anywhere near as hydrating as the other lines. After the first 3 months I reduced use to once per day instead of twice, as I feel it was contributing to a rougher skin texture and enlarged pores. I splash some of this watery lotion on my face after cleansing and wipe off with a cotton pad, but most of it soaks into my skin in those few seconds and only residual makeup and minimal product is wiped off my skin, making it feel extra clean.

Hada Labo does an amazing toner packed full of hydrating HA in the Gokujun line that I'd highly recommend if your after a nice, clean, moisturising step after cleansing and whitening isn't a priority. Unfortunately this Arbutin lotion isn't as good in either hydrating or lightening aspects.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm on my second bottle of the Hada Labo whitening lotion. It's great stuff! Hada Labo products promise only the essential ingredients for good skin are packaged in the ingredients. No perfume, mineral oils, or any other unnecessary ingredients that may irritate skin. It's key ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid (HA) which locks in moisture and keeps skin well hydrated and supple. Good skin that's well hydrated and moist will give you that healthy glow. This product definitely has served well in delivering that promise! Before, my skin was dry and dull with rough, large pores. I used to use a lot of makeup on a daily basis and never bothered to follow a proper skin care regime which has continuously damaged my skin. When I decided to take better care of my skin, I signed up to Hada Labo hydrating skin care and it has worked wonders! I no longer have dry and dull skin! My pores are finer and my skin looks smooth and healthy. I swear I would never walk out of the house without slapping on some makeup before. But now, I can confidently exit the house with a naked face because I don't need any makeup to cover up anymore! My skin is fantastic and I'm proud to show the world that healthy glow! However, while Hada Labo delivers amazing hydrating results, I don't think it has much whitening results. Yes, my skin is brighter and feels more supple, but I don't think it's any shade lighter than my original olive skin tone. Apparently, the hydrating lotion is sold at one bottle every 7 seconds in Japan - which shows how much faith people have in this product. If you are suffering from dry and dull skin, do try this product asap! It's cheap, reliable, and easily available in any personal care store (like Guardian and Watsons). Two thumbs up for Hada Labo!!!

i cant believe i found this comes up on MUA hahaha bcs i think im the only one who use this product lol

i reallyyyy love this product. it gives me a light moisturize and doesnt leave my skin too sticky. it is colorant free and fragrant free so i feel it is so safe to aplicate to my skin regularly. i use it everytime after i wash my face and it gives me a healthier glow and reach a better state of my skin.

the only thing i hate from this product is the packaging. not handy, too big, it is not a tube so more like a bottle that you have to put effort on aplicating it, also it is too fragile. mine is fell once and the top is broken so i put all the lotion to my old spraying bottle from TBS which is so sturdy and fabulous.

on 1/11/2015 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was using the white bottle first and I felt that it was very mediocre, maybe it was because I live in South East Asia where it us very humid and skin hydration is not a really big problem for me (unlike my skin in N.America which is super dry). I wanted to try other benefits apart from the hydration part so I bought the whitening line instead. Toy biggest surprise, after using it everyday for 2 full weeks in a row, my skin is so much more supple and super duper soft!!! It's very crazy because the actual skin surface has completely changed. I wouldn't say it has much effect on the color of my skin, though it should take some more time. Highly recommend to use under your favorite moisturizer and after washing your face.

on 5/21/2014 11:38:00 AM

My friend recommended this to me back when I didn't use any facial products thinking they were pretty much scams judging from my experience with Faceshop and Etude House toners and creams. But this product really hit home for me. I bought it on a whim since the set was on discount and it turned out great! I can't say much about the Hada Labo abutin milk - it was sticky and thick and I really don't like the feel of it on my face especially during summer. This lotion (toner) on the other hand is AWESOME. I guess it's because I didn't get any breakouts like some of the other people did. I did get breakouts when using Etude House toners though so it's really up to the individual. Anyway, after using this for a week or so I noticed that my pores around my nose area shrank significantly and my skin brightened up a lot - not becoming fairer but a healthy glow to it. The product is light and it doesn't make me feel like there's something plastered on my face with a sticky feeling (it feels slightly sticky upon application but after half/ an hour or so it goes away). When I use this at night, I don't wake up to over-oily skin in the morning which I had with other toners. Plus it's quite cheap considering the length of time I can use this - 3 drops on my palm is enough for the whole face.

Overall, great product! I'll definitely repurchase after my trial set finishes :)

on 4/30/2014 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe this has such terrible ratings! Pretty much this stuff is nearly identical in texture/formula to the original hada labo SHA toner. The biggest difference is the addition of arbutin!

The texture on this is very slimy, it's very runny so you must be clever with your application techniques. There is no scent on this, and it's not super hydrating but when used in conjunction with heavier moisturizers it really gives your skin a boost of extra hydration.

Unfortunately, this doesn't do much for whitening marks so if you're interested in this, you'll have to add something else for lightening your PIH. Overall would I buy this again? Probably not, but only because i love trying different brands. However, it is a great starting toner :D