Neutrogena Naturals Daily Facial Scrub

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Neutrogena Naturals Daily Facial Scrub

3.4

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cocamidopropyl, Hydroxysultaine, Xanthan Gum, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This scrub contains very small exoliating grains. They almost feel like sand! The scrub encasing these sand-like grains is creamy and quite hydrating which I appreciate. However, I do not use this scrub every day! I use it twice or three times a week and that is enough for me. It makes my skin feel soft after use and I found it reduced my blackheads! This is a nice product and sells quite cheaply, so I would recommend it.

on 5/27/2014 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This scrub is not very granular and it doesn't do a very good job at exfoliating. It also claims to "purify" the pores, but it's hard to tell how well it works in that regard because my pores are pretty tiny. I do have some small blackheads on my nose that are noticeable up close, but this scrub hasn't diminished them at all.
However, despite all of the negatives, at least the scrub hasn't irritated my skin, or dried it out (which many products tend to do). It still cleanses and is very gentle, but perhaps too gentle for it to work well as an exfoliant. I'll use up the tube I have, primarily as a cleanser, but I won't repurchase it.

on 7/31/2012 1:08:00 AM

it's just okay, very drying, not worth the money, has no impact on acne, doesn't prevent new breakouts

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this scrub! I use it once or twice a week because daily would be too harsh on my skin which is post-accutane for about a year now. It is a very gentle scrub and the "micro beads" or whatever you call them are more like grains of sand but softer. It smells nice and left my skin soft and smooth. No breakouts.

I exfoliate almost every day and I was excited about trying this one. I really do not think it exfoliates my skin enough. It is too gentle, would be perfect for sensitive skin. I will probably not re-purchase. Still searrching for the perfect exfoliator.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

For reference, I have extremely oily skin and prone to breakouts as I entered my 30s. So I've been trying to seek a face wash that was more natural. I purchased this from Rite Aid when it was on sale. After three uses, it dried my cheeks out and made my skin feel incredibly tight. Although it felt super clean, but dried my skin it led my skin to create more sebum. I really wanted to like this product. It smells really good and I like the fine grains that scrub my face, but the formula just doesn't work with my skin.

on 5/8/2011 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love the smell of this cleanser. For the longest time I have been trying to figure out the smell & then I read another review saying it smelled like apples...she was right! It smells just like fresh cut apples.
As for the product itself.
YES, I like it. YES, it cleans my skin. YES, I'd buy it again. But NO, it's not a miracle product. I like it for the sole fact that it doesn't break out my picky, acne-prone skin. If my skin doesn't like a particular product it will react literally overnight. As I was saying, it doesn't break me out, but it doesn't necessarily treat my break outs either. I do occassionaly get break outs & this product doesn't do anything to get rid of the pimples but it doesn't do anything to irritate or prolong the longevity of the pimple either.
It is an exfoliater but it's definitely not abrasive at all. It's gentle enough to use everyday. Trust me, it's my everyday cleanser.
It's perfect for people who already have clear skin & just want to feel refreshed & need a good cleansing.