Neutrogena Naturals Daily Facial Scrub

Neutrogena Naturals Daily Facial Scrub

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cocamidopropyl, Hydroxysultaine, Xanthan Gum, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

on 3/20/2011 6:30:00 PM

I have combo/acne prone skin and needed a scrub to help diminish some tiny bumps i get around my face as well as some blackheads. My skin is very sensitive, so I was looking for a more natural product. I picked this one up despite the fact that it contains fragrance.

This scrub is very fluid in consistency, with some tiny exfoliating grains throughout it. It doesn't feel harsh on the skin the way other scrubs can (like the apricot types), but it does give a very smooth feeling to the skin after use. The scent is really fruity and nice, but I prefer unscented products.

The results this product gave me weren't amazing. It is pleasant to use, but it did not diminish my blackheads or comedones after using it daily for 6 weeks. A lot of drugstore products tend to break me out, but this one did not.

I would not recommend this to anyone who needs stronger exfoliation for comedones/blackheads, but it would probably make a nice daily exfoliant for those with normal or dry skin who are just looking to gently slough off dead skin cells. I appreciate Neutrogena's foray into natural skincare, but I was disappointed that this one was a dud for my skin's needs.

This product is absolutely amazing and I love it with all my heart. I got this because I was out of my Aveeno face wash and I thought I should try something without salicylic acid in it. I was going to get the bar but this came with free chap stick so I got it instead and I am so glad that I did. I washed my face as soon as I got home and I felt all clean and it smelled nice too. About five minutes later I touched my face and its was so soft!! Last night I had my makeup on and it was really hard to take of my mascara because its waterproof and so I took it of with baby oil. Usually when I do that my face does not feel clean after I've washed it and there are still traces of oil on my skin, but not with this face wash. my face was clean as a whistle and super silky smooth and soft. Also a little bit of this stuff goes a really long way. I put a pea sized amount on the tips of my finger and it seriously cleanses my whole entire face and gets the job done. I love this scrub and will continue to repurchase it again and again because it works great for me.

UPDATE - Its been about a week now and my face is really clear. I haven't gotten anymore pimples witch is amazing. My face is still soft but not as smooth as before. I still love this product.

on 4/26/2011 10:39:00 AM

Have used this product now for a week, and my pores have really diminished. It has fewer beads in it so it can be used daily, and won't be harsh on skin like some scrubs I've used in the past. Love the way it makes my skin feel, clean and soft. I use before bed, and my face is still clean in the morning, not oily at all, and I can just use a disposable face wipe to freshen up, so saves precious morning time too! Absolutely love this product so far.

on 5/8/2011 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love the smell of this cleanser. For the longest time I have been trying to figure out the smell & then I read another review saying it smelled like apples...she was right! It smells just like fresh cut apples.
As for the product itself.
YES, I like it. YES, it cleans my skin. YES, I'd buy it again. But NO, it's not a miracle product. I like it for the sole fact that it doesn't break out my picky, acne-prone skin. If my skin doesn't like a particular product it will react literally overnight. As I was saying, it doesn't break me out, but it doesn't necessarily treat my break outs either. I do occassionaly get break outs & this product doesn't do anything to get rid of the pimples but it doesn't do anything to irritate or prolong the longevity of the pimple either.
It is an exfoliater but it's definitely not abrasive at all. It's gentle enough to use everyday. Trust me, it's my everyday cleanser.
It's perfect for people who already have clear skin & just want to feel refreshed & need a good cleansing.

on 5/11/2011 2:45:00 PM

wanted to love it but it made me break out badly, I wonder that it was since this is a natural product. otherwise it is a good scrub to use daily, gently exfoliates and helps clean your skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

For reference, I have extremely oily skin and prone to breakouts as I entered my 30s. So I've been trying to seek a face wash that was more natural. I purchased this from Rite Aid when it was on sale. After three uses, it dried my cheeks out and made my skin feel incredibly tight. Although it felt super clean, but dried my skin it led my skin to create more sebum. I really wanted to like this product. It smells really good and I like the fine grains that scrub my face, but the formula just doesn't work with my skin.

I exfoliate almost every day and I was excited about trying this one. I really do not think it exfoliates my skin enough. It is too gentle, would be perfect for sensitive skin. I will probably not re-purchase. Still searrching for the perfect exfoliator.

on 5/31/2011 6:04:00 PM

i really like it. it's gentle enough that i can use it everyday and i can tell it's removing the dead skin. and i love the smell!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Smells amazing, leaves skin soft and moisturized. I love how it's made with natural ingredients. Have only used it a couple of times- will update if it breaks me out.

Only con is that it's expensive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this scrub! I use it once or twice a week because daily would be too harsh on my skin which is post-accutane for about a year now. It is a very gentle scrub and the "micro beads" or whatever you call them are more like grains of sand but softer. It smells nice and left my skin soft and smooth. No breakouts.