Amika Ceramic Styler (midnight black)

Amika Ceramic Styler (midnight black)

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in the giraffe print and I got it for a 130 bucks. It is BETTER than the CHI and I have owned both. First of all, the Amika is really 100 percent ceramic, the CHI is not. They market the CHI as all ceramic, but it is not. I scratched it to see, and underneath the ceramic coating, there is metal underneath. If you don't believe me, go ahead, scratch it! The Amika is truly ALL ceramic! They actually have ones at the kiosk that you can scratch for yourself to see, and ones where the ceramic plate is broken in half so that you can see that it's ceramic thru and thru. And ceramic is not nearly as damaging for your hair. I contacted CHI, and they responded that their flatiron is not 100 percent ceramic, and apologized for the "confusion." There was no confusion, they simply misrepresent themselves. I sent it back to the company and they refunded my money. I also have a lifetime guarantee on my Amika, even if my "dog chews up the cord." Their exact words. Haha. Secondly, my hair turns out fabulously silky, straight, and frizz free in 5 minutes flat with the Amika. And I have ALOT of hair. Instead of having to go over sections of my hair a few times to get them straight, and even then, they're not as straight and silky as I want them to be, with this flatiron, it only takes ONE time to get that pin straight, silky soft hair. It's absolutely amazing. I wanted this for so long, but I couldn't afford it, and then finally my wonderful momma bear got me it as a gift. You can also curl your hair beautifully with it, and very quickly. Get an Amika!!! It's probably my only HG hair styling tool so far.

on 3/19/2011 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this styler because I had really been wanting a Chi flat iron, but it was to expensive, and the ladies/gentleman at the kiosk who sell the Amika can usually be bargained with. So I ended up getting this and the holder for it for a little bit under $100.

First of all I really like how fast it can heat up ~10 seconds to get to the highest setting ~200 degrees Celsius, although on the downside it takes it awhile for it to cool down enough for putting it away (like it can be 5 minutes until I can put it back in a box).

The main plus is that it can conquer my hair which is a weird combination of a lot of thin strands of hair which poofs at the slightest wrong look. It takes me about 5-10 minutes maximum to do my entire head in layers, and I like the time saver opposed to my other flat irons I no longer use. My hair will stay straight as long as I don't get it wet, I'm fine and it is wonderfully shiny and pretty. From what I have seen it has the same basic design as a CHI and the same concept, so far my hair hasn't gotten more split ends even though I use it at least 3 times a week.

I would like a CHI to compare this product with, however this one came with a lifetime guarantee so I'm hoping that I only buy the CHI because it was a super good deal. I think I will update this later if I can get my hand on a CHI or if something breaks.

Popular Hair Styling Tools