100%
package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

INCI:http://www.laroche-posay.com/products-treatments/Anthelios/Anthelios-W-SPF-30-Gel-p9877.aspx This suncscreen has spf 30 and ppd 19. This means it blocks about 95% of UVB and UVA rays. I get this in my pharmacy in the 100 ml tube for around 19-20 dollars. I'm in college and I just can't afford more expensive SS than this. I wish it came in the 300 ml tubes they have. I used to use Asian SS for my face but they where too expensive for the time it took to use them up. I paid approx. 14 dollars for hada labo UV creamy gel SS in 50 ml but used it up in less than a month. This during wintertime where I would only use it on my face. This SS is really moisturizing and doesn't give a white cast. However, putting on the right amount of this SS makes your face look like an oil slick. You NEED a powder to mattify! Even after putting on a sh*t load of powder I don't think you could makes it look completely matte. I use a Bourjois foundation and powder my T-zone after this. Gives me a really nice dewy glow which I like. This SS also works great for the rest of the body. I give this SS 4/5. In short: Pro: Good price for amount, excellent protection, no breakouts or clogged pores, moisturizing, great for dry and dehydrated skin. Con: Greasy as f*ck when putting on the 1/4 tsp rule on face. Oily skins might not like this. Wish it came in 300 ml tube since I use this everyday on face and body now when spring and summer is arriving. Don't buy if you're looking for a matte SS. Edit: stings upon contact with eyes.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

8 years ago

This is a good sunscreen! It's moisturizing but it doesn't feel greasy or sticky. It doesn't leave a white cast either. Avoid application around the eyes because it stings quite badly. I would recommend this sunscreen for people with dry and sensitive skin.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Relaxed, Medium

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I actually prefer the texture of this to the ones for face for oily skin. This is a gel texture and smooths very well into skin without a white cast. This can be used for face and body, although i would not recommend using it on the face. No matter how careful I am to avoid the eye area, many times it'll end up stinging my eyes. Not right away, but after maybe an hour or so. Maybe its due to the heat and humidity as it does not sting as much if I'm not in the heat. But I still love it for the body, its doesn't feel oily and sticky and is much cheaper than the ones for face in the same range. I use it on my neck and chest.

About reviewer (411 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Fine

EyesBrown

9 years ago

In my seemingly neverending quest for my HG sunscreen for the face, I tried LRP's Anthelios W Gel SPF 30. I wanted to get the SPF 40 version which had gotten decent reviews, but that version seems to be discontinued, or at least not being sold by pharmamundi.com. Though I would like it to have higher SPF, I like this ss. It doesn't leave a white cast, and hasn't caused my acne-prone skin to break out. However, there is no way this can be considered a gel. It is a white cream. If you're expecting something clear or gel-like, you will be sorely disappointed. (I'd like to know what they call an actual gel, and what lead them to call this a gel and not a cream or a lotion...) But in spite of that, I like it. I've finished my first tube and am on to my 2nd. I think I'll continue using this until a true gel formulation comes out and/or one with a higher SPF/PPD.

About reviewer (126 reviews)

Age30-35