Mandom Cleansing Express Eye Makeup Remover

Mandom  Cleansing Express Eye Makeup Remover

4.9

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my HG eye makeup remover. It works like a dream! I put a few drops on a cotton pad, hold it over my eye for a short time (about 10 seconds), and it all comes off in a few swipes after that. It's so gentle on my skin, doesn't irritate/sting my eyes, and takes off waterproof mascara so easily. The texture is very light as well and doesn't leave any residue; it's almost hard to believe it's an oil based remover. The price is quite cheap and works so much better than removers I have paid over double the price for. I will definitely continue to repurchase!

PROS:

- Removes waterproof eye makeup easily and quickly
- Non-irritating
- Doesn't leave any residue
- Inexpensive

CONS:

- You may need to wipe a few times in order to get off all of the waterproof mascara

on 11/29/2016 1:47:00 AM

Mandom Corp's Bifesta series is a series of makeup remover/water cleansing that comes in a bunch of different options. They're all called Bifesta Cleansing Express so it can get a little confusing. There's a Cleansing Liquid which i may have used but kind of don't remember...i don't think i ever tried removing heavy eye makeup with the cleansing liquid, it felt more similar to the Bioderma water but again I never tried removing makeup with the liquid (whereas I've used bioderma to remove heavy eye makeup). I should try that..

In any case, Bifesta also have a Eye Makeup Remover which is ranked #1 on japanese beauty website Cosme.net under the Point Makeup Remover category (Point Makeup is what the Japanese call stuff like eyeshadow, liner, lipstick, while foundation are called Base Makeup).

The Eye Makeup Remover is basically the same as the Lancome Bifacil or the Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. it's got two liquid in it that you shake up and dispense to a cotton pad - hold over your eye area for a while and it removes the eye makeup super well, even waterproof mascara and liner. Because of tightlining, i still end up having to rub to get the eyemakeup off but in general it works really well.

I don't really use this daily - i normally use cleansing oil for my day to day makeup (eye and all), because they're a lot more gentle on my eye area, but on days when i got heavy eye/phase makeup (for a day/night out), then i do use this (or another biphase makeup remover) to remove the eye stuff first before using a cleansing oil.

Bifesta cost only 850yen for 145ml bottle in japan - i'm really unsure why the this entry is listed with 3 $ signs...since it should be really inexpensive. Maybe it's just because it's not sold in US and so online shops have really high markup? I know Canmake is another brand that's super cheap in japan but the price markup on online shops and ebay is usually double or triple the retail price...

This is a great eye makeup remover but i honestly feel like it's not much different than Lancome Bifacil. the main point of getting Bifesta was that it's way cheaper than Lancome, BUT if getting it online drove the price up that high, then might as well get Lancome. I actually purchased a bunch of bottles last time I was in japan, but once i'm done with those I'll probably not repurchase since i also got like 5 or 6 bottles of bifacil from all the gwp/free gifts that i gotta use up. After that I will probably just buy a bottle of neutrogena to keep on hand for the heavy eye/face days, and continue to use oil cleanser for removing my eye/face makeup on regular days.

on 11/10/2015 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Definitely HG eye makeup remover, better than Neutrogena oilfree eye makeup remover, that one cannot remove the Falsies mascara effectively, the Bifesta by Mandom is the best so far.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to be using biore eye makeup remover. But that stings my eyes a little when used. This is definitely the best makeup remover for the eyes and its less oily as compared to the biore one. However it takes a few wipes to get all the eye makeup off. But nonetheless good

on 6/28/2012 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Note to anyone looking for this: this product has been renamed 'Mandom Bifesta Eye Makeup Remover', as part of their 'Bifesta' line of makeup cleanser products.

This is the ideal eye makeup remover. No gimmicks, just removes super-waterproof eye makeup without making you rub your eyelashes off. It's awesome. It's not all that expensive either. The only possible issue I could have with it is that it's not easy to get unless you happen to have a handy importer getting you the goods.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG eye makeup remover. I wear Japanese mascaras that are difficult to remove, so figured a Japanese eye MU remover would be the most effective. It is a dual-phase remover. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes and I find it less oily than other dual-phase removers. It does feel a little oily immediately after use, but that dissipates after a few seconds. What I do is saturate a cotton pad with remover, lightly press it against my eye for 10 seconds. This softens the mascara considerably. I then swipe my lashes up and down with the pad (as if I was applying mascara, if that makes any sense). All the mascara comes off with no scrubbing and I've never lost any lashes doing it this way. I bought this at a local Japanese market for $15. You can also find it online.

Mandom Cleansing Express eye makeup remover is my new HG! Does not leave an oily afterfeel like Loreal's waterproof eye makeup remover, and that alone is enough to make me switch to this for good. It is a water based (dual oil and water layer) eye makeup remover (contains deep sea water and vitamins B & E which are moisture retentive ingredients) that removes waterproof eye makeup with minimal effort. Just press onto the eye area for a few seconds and everything comes off easily. Does not sting the eye area or make my eyesight slightly blurry (as it happens sometimes with Loreal's). Its hypoallergenic formulation is friendly to sensitive skin and is fragrance free, colorant free and preservative free. Packaging is in a screw cap bottle, contains 145ml and is made in Japan.
Ingredients: alcohol, water, hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, glycosyl trehalose, PEG-400, sodium chloride, disodium edta, PPG-2-DECETH-7, pca ethyl cocoyl arginate, pentylene glycol, PEG-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, butylene glycol, panthenol, sea water.