Gucci Flora Eau Fraiche

Flora Eau Fraiche

3.6

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought a 50ml (1.6fl oz) bottle of this and used it all up in 1.5 years. It definitely will last a long time and I never got tired of the scent. I loved the smell since it reminded me of walking through a garden and it had a clean almost soap like smell to it which I like. I wouldn't repurchase again because I like trying out new perfumes and as much as I loved this perfume I received more compliments when I wore Ed Hardy for women which is much cheaper. Still a good scent though.

on 10/10/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have a small 5ml perfume bottle. I originally didn't buy this for myself. I bought a gift set that comes with 4 Gucci samples sizes for my mother. She didn't like the fact that they didn't come with a spray so she never used it and eventually gave it back to me. When I first took a whiff of it, I thought that it smelled okay. I didn't use the perfume right away and stored it away with my other samples and went on with my original perfumes. One day I wanted to wear something different and I chose to use this one. I can't tell you how amazing this smells with my skin. It smells so clean and fresh. On my skin, the fruity aspect of the scent stands out the most throughout the day. I couldn't smell that from just taking whiffs of the perfume out of the bottle. It isn't a sugary kind of fruity smell but very fresh. In other words, it doesn't smell like you are in a bakery or candy store, but it smells like you are in a garden with lots of ripe fruits growing. The feelings I got from wearing this perfume were healthy, clean, and happy. This smell is definitely one of my favorites. :)

My advice is not judge the perfume from sample papers or out of the bottle. Try it on your skin and you'll really smell the fragrance transform.

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Flora Eau Fraiche is a rather unique sweet-floral clean scent with excellent longevity. As other reviewers have mentioned, it does have a strong soap flair (which I actually like), but it's tempered by bright florals, a touch of herbal green, and a subtle warmth. It actually reminds me of the older Herbal Essences scents from the '90s, before they all became sickeningly fruity. For an EDT, Flora Eau Fraiche has impressive lasting power and sillage (though not overwhelming). I spray the inside of my elbow once, press gently to my other arm, and can smell it easily for 10+ hours.

on 6/2/2012 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Got a free sample of this from Sephora; for reference, I tend to like complex florals (e.g. Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Ete), but this one just gave me a nose full of soap, to the point where I thought I was smelling dish detergent or something. Once it dried down, it was less irritating, but the only note I get is still a sort of soapy, dirty floral. Not refreshing, not complementary, and definitely nothing I'd think of paying money for.

on 3/13/2012 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wish I liked this fragrance more. I bought it on a whim and thought it initially smelled wonderful...but once I wore it and it meshed with my body chem, it didn't smell as good. It still smells good...but I want something that smells great. Its mostly floral and beautiful.

on 1/30/2012 12:51:00 AM

Infatuated, in love, lusting after this scent. When I smell it I want to bathe, dress in lace unmentionable, and spray myself continuously. Ooops i forgot someone else has to read this. Really soft, sweet, sensual, feminine, and the epitimy of femininity.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to like this fragrance because it's Gucci and all, but it makes me feel a little sickish because of it's fruitiness. And it's too fresh and cloyingly bland for me.Maybe it's because I don't gravitate towards Eau Fraiche scents, but I don't think so. I really liked Chanel's Chance Eau Fraiche, and I almost asked for it for Christmas. I would have but Chance Eau Tendre was more me, so I'm happy I received it as a bday gift! :-D But this is a nice smell for someone, I think, since I did like it before I got tired of it. Just try to smell it first before buying. SOOOO glad I got a sample of it from Sephora before buying!

I cannot STAND this perfume! I thought I would love it because of the notes, so I ordered it (and the original) as part of the Sephora FF sale. Today, I went to Macy's to try on some perfumes and I tried this and the original Flora on different wrists. Flora Fraiche opened with a nice citrusy scent and nice soft florals. I was really liking it, and then I walked away and after the dry down it smelled like bubblegum. Like big bazooka already chewed bubble gum, and I went home and scrubbed my wrists and still, all I can smell is bubble gum =( When my package from Sephora arrives, it's going back unopened.

If you are into very sweet scents, you will love this! However, I am not =( Beautiful bottle though - very very nice!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is beyond atrocious. Very similar to Miss Dior Cherie l'eau. This is a weird rotten fruit/ slash zest bar soap fragrance. I don't know... There is just some awful note in this that makes it terrible - really smells like b.o. truly - that was one of the main impressions I got. There is a similar "perm" (if anyone else knows what perm chemicals smell like you know what I mean!) note in this that is just revulting!

on 8/22/2011 5:20:00 AM

This is the first time I think I have found a substitute for my beloved and also discontinued Parfum d'Ete. Green and lush, but also with a touch of sweetness. It smells fruity but calming at the same time. A rare instance when I smell pears but think or corsets and lace:)

EDIT: Took one lippie off because I got bored with it after a while.

Popular Fragrances