Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Body Emulsion

No Image

4.4

Water, Glycerin, Caprylic Trigliceride, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Octyldodecanol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Laurate, Stearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lanolin, Triethanolamine, Silicone Polyether Copolymer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Steapyrium Chloride, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Sodium sulfate, BHT

on 5/19/2017 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product has been around for a long time. I used it for years. . .a long time ago. I remember it had a distinct scent, left a film and was relatively dense textured for a lotion. Although I didn't necessarily have problems with it when I used it, my mind boggles at the fabulous reviews it gets here on MUA. It was silver and less heavy than Lubriderm or Moisturel. But, I stopped using this when I found something called Complex 15 which was much lighter but still moisturized. When I could no longer find Complex 15, I rotated through a variety of moisturizers. I now have combination skin, leaning towards dry. Currently I use cerave cream for winter (I dislike Cerave lotion), Paula's choice moisture boost, Curel hydro therapy gold bond and Vaseline intensive care advanced repair unscented and a few others. When I overdo BHA, AHA or retinoids, I have been reverting to aquaphor or the CVS dupe.

on 12/17/2016 4:55:00 PM

HG. The best of the best

on 1/23/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

By far the most moisturizing body lotion I've used. The texture is medium thick with nice consistency. It goes onto the skin nicely without feeling greasy or sticky. It moisturizes superbly and has a long lasting effect! Fragrance free.

Gives great, long lasting moisture that leaves my skin smooth and glowing. However, I just cannot stand the smell. To me it has an almost plastic scent to it that stops me from using this. If I do use it it is mainly on my dry knees and elbows, that way the smell is tolerable unlike when I use it on my full arms and legs.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have eczema-prone skin and previously used Cetaphil products, but there was something lacking that I couldn't quite put my finger on, so I decided to buy this after having a positive experience with a borrowed hand cream. I do not regret it a single bit.
Truly a holy grail product, this makes my skin baby-soft, heals my dry patches overnight, and it soaks into the skin within a reasonable amount of time.
It's pretty comparable to Cetaphil with the exception of a few things it does better. While for the most part it is unscented, it doesn't smell 'medicine-y' like many hypoallergenic products tend to do,in fact it smells somewhat pleasant. With Cetaphil, I would out this on at night and wake up with a film of lotion all over me. Not with this. I'll slap some on after a shower and by time I'm ready to get dressed it'll be soaked in.
I really cannot recommend this enough, it really is a flawless product in my eyes, with the exception of during the summer, when it can get really thick. But they have a lighter version of the lotion that comes in a tube that is perfect for the less arid months of the year. 5/5.

on 9/2/2009 9:18:00 PM

*REBADGE ALERT*

. . . so i'm pretty sure they have renamed this stuff Norwegian Formula Intensive Moisture Wrap Body Treatment. It comes in the type of botle and box it did before but there are new red accents on both.

i think they came out with a lighter version of it also - in a tube - called Intensive Moisture Wrap Lotion.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this wonderful product for decades. As I age, my skin's texture has gotten very scaly. This is the only product that makes a difference! I stopped using it for a period, but I will never stray again!

where can I buy this is australia?

on 3/29/2009 3:23:00 AM

this is my HG body lotion. this product is unscented and no coloring. absolutly love how it moisturize my skin without irritation. i also use this on my face when it is very dry. one product i can't live without.

on 2/19/2009 12:35:00 PM

Fabulous product! I have been a big fan of Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula Hand Cream for years, but the tube it comes in is so small and doesn't last me very long. I sorted through the larger bottles in the Norwegian Formula series to see if they had a similar formula in a larger, pump bottle. Body Emulsion seemed liked it would be the closest fit. Lo and behold, it does the same thing as the Hand Cream, it is just a little thinner in consistency and there is a LOT more in the bottle. Like the Hand Cream, Body Emulsion's second ingredient is glycerin, which I have found is key in softening very dry skin and keeping it soft. This is my go-to lotion for super dry skin. I use it on my hands, my face, my body...it works everywhere. And it has a great, fresh scent as well. I'm glad I discovered it, and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone!