Essie Coat Azure

Essie Coat Azure
Coat Azure

4.5

on 10/8/2016 7:41:00 PM

This is such a pretty mid toned blue with a subtle shimmer. As others have said, its a lovely colour that reminds you of beach holidays. Its a very wearable blue for me, because its a bit muted (greyed/warm?) and suits my warm tones. The shimmer is subtle and really serves to give this a shiny effect.

I also like this with a Matte top coat. l

Formula was great, nearly opaque in one coat and definitely opaque in two coats. Very easy formula to work with and thus i ended up with a neat looking manicure without a lot of work.

Definitely a polish I'll enjoy for many years.

on 4/12/2014 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Okay I admit I exclusively stick with OPI polish but once in a while I venture out and Essie has always been a mostly fail situation for me...with a couple of exceptions and Coat Azure is one of them.
Azure is a fitting name for this muted sky blue hue without shimmer and without any green (some of the pictures here make it look turquoise). Any shine in the bottle does not translate to dried nails.
It has an easy, smooth application with a cream finish. It's just a nice, happy blue nothing fancy. I usually wear this on my toes.

on 9/9/2012 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

received in a a swap and looking at this in the bottle I thought "ehhhh its ok, a basic blue I will probably end up swapping it after 1 use" I just put it on my toes and OMG what a gorgeous blue. This is definitely a summer blue, it reminds me of beach houses and sailboats, it is PERFECT. Not boring at all, gosh is so cool. I keep looking at constantly and its making me want to decorate my house in a beach house theme. Today we had beautiful fall weather so it was probably a bad choice to use now, but oh well I know now that I am for sure keeping this little gem and gonna be using it alot next summer.

I would describe Coat Azure as slightly muted medium blue with a touch of shimmer.

I got it as a part of French Affair mini collection. The whole collection was stunning (my favourite mini set so far) and it was hard to pick a favourite. However I must admit that Coat Azure was the least wearable shade for me.

I'm NC20/25 and it just doesn't agree with my skin tone. I also own Coat Azure's "close cousin" Smooth Sailing and that shade looks gorgeous on my nails (I think blues with purple rather than green undertones suit me better).

The formula of this nail polish was also slightly gloopy, however it tends to spread out and even out with second coat. This polish has good opacity and two coats gave me full coverage. I also loved shiny finish and a touch of shimmer gave this polish an extra dimension without making it look metallic or glittery.

I would give it 3.5 stars!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

There's something special about this color. It is shimmery warm toned blue that reminds me of water :) It has a slightly muted, greyed out quality but is also very saturated. I love the silver shimmer in it. The formula is very good, it is opaque in two coats and dries quickly, also lasts a good while on the nails. I love to layer glitter over it too (Revlon Blue Mosaic looks esp. amazing). CA is the exact opposite of most blues I gravitate towards but somehow I love it anyway. The only downside to this polish is that it chips within a few days on me, but I still enjoy wearing it.

on 10/10/2012 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite blue nail polishes. Opaque with 1-2 coats. Applies like a dream and looks great!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing as always for Essie, not my favorite from Essie but still 4 lippies worthy. A gorgeous blue with a hint of shimmer.

on 10/22/2011 4:30:00 PM

I got this product in my October Luxe Box and I really really like it! I have so many nailpolishes (probably around 50, mostly OPI, Essie and a couple of Dior) so I probably only end up using most polishes a couple times a year. I really like this colour though! I feel like I'll probably be wearing it A LOT. I looks awesome on my skin (fair/pinkish) and I love how it has a small amount of shimmer to it. Very pretty.

This is super pretty. It's a medium cornflower blue with shimmer. Two coats and it totally lasted no chipping!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Looks like people haven't reviewed this polish in quite a while, so I'll pick up where the reviews left off. This is a very pretty blue with barely there shimmer. I was debating on this color between two other colors (a green color & and this purple pink shade: both colors I forgot the exact name of but they were both Essie colors) Anyway, this color chipped on me after the first day but I wasn't wearing a base coat which may have been the problem (but a top coat: Essie's good to go). I like buying Essie polishes at a salon vs. the drugstore because I feel as if the polished are better (maybe it isn't but the 2 other colors I've purchased from Essie were from the drugstore and sucked) Anyway, I won't repurchase only because the color seems pretty dupable.

Popular Polishes