Essie Jamaica Me Crazy

Essie Jamaica Me Crazy
Jamaica me craaazyJamaica Me Crazy

4.1

on 3/16/2017 12:03:00 PM

Such a pretty fuschia that flashes purple in certain lighting. The glitter is very fine and super shiny, almost makes it look like a metallic polish. It definitely needs at least two coats to get the bottle color on my nails (Essie formula is not the best)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Jamaica Me Crazy is one of my favourite polishes from Essie. It is a bright fuschia, with some light shimmer and a slightly frosty finish. It is a great, girly colour for summer and looks great both with and without a tan. The formula is excellent, I only need two coats to reach full opacity. It also dries quickly which is always a bonus. This is going to be one of my go-to colours for summer.

on 4/18/2016 1:56:00 PM

Essie's Jamaica Me Crazy is a shimmery, jewel-toned violet-berry polish. On the nail it dries to a shade that is slightly darker than how it appears in the bottle. Good formula, application is smooth and it was mostly opaque in two coats. But three looks better with this one.

The color itself just didn't do it for me. I love shimmery fuchsia/berry/magenta type polishes, but this one looks a little dark and dull on me. Similar polishes that I prefer over this one are: Zoya's Anaka and Alegra, Essie Sure Shot, OPI's I'm All Ears and Flashbulb Fuchsia, and Marc Jacobs' Oui.

Overall, I like this but I don't love it. Wouldn't buy it again.

on 9/11/2014 1:23:00 AM

This is such a pretty polish! It's a really shimmery magenta color that applies really well. The polish itself isn't too thick or thin. The first coat can be a little streaky and by the second coat the color is typically opaque and super even, but sometimes if I apply it too thin I need a third coat to get rid of any streakiness. But it's okay because three thinner coats works just fine and dries without a problem. I love this with a nice glossy topcoat. It's a fun summer color and a great color to transition into fall, and I love it for pedicures, too!

I'm on the fence. I LOVE the color. It dried somewhat fast, but not as speedily as some have said, at least not for me. I painted at night and by the time I went to bed, some were already chipped. I used a base coat but no top coat (the second coat of color was still drying and I didn't want to go to bed with wet nails). Not very impressive. As some have mentioned, a top coat would probably fix this but it has to stay unchipped long enough for me to apply one! I'm not a fan of the skinny brush, either. I've been spoiled by OPI and Chanel, which have wider brushes and apply with fewer strokes and therefore less unevenness. Also - I had a VERY hard time taking this polish off compared to any other I have ever uses. I had to SCRUB at it like crazy. Maybe it's the shimmer? I use a Chanel that has shimmer all the time and it doesn't create this issue. I'd try it again with topcoat and see how it goes. I do love love love the color, but that's where my affection ends!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I fell in love with this color, and I mean I fell in love with it hard. It's honestly one of the most gorgeous colors I've ever seen, a bright magenta pink made up of tiny, tiny flecks of glitter. It's so Hollywood...reminds me of something Elle Woods would wear. (If we're talking Legally Blonde, Jamaica Me Crazy is actually a line from the musical...ironic) Anyways, this peeled off very easily. I was surprised, as I've never had another polish peel off in huge chunks before. The lasting power was good, about a week with only slight chipping at the tips. My first experience with Essie and I'm impressed.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm a sucker for shimmery polishes and this just caught my eye immediately --an absolutely gorgeous shimmery, jewel-toned purple-y pink I thought it would be too dark on me, but it's really not. I haven't seen this out in the sunlight yet, but I love the way it shimmers even indoors. I use a base coat and top coat religiously. For this, I used two different top coats for extra shine and strength -- I can't recommend enough how important this little extra step is. Top coats add shine and protect your nails. My nails are very thin. They bend and peel quite easily. My favorite topcoats include Revlon and Jordana. I've heard good things about Seche Vite, but it's a little pricey for me and I achieve the same results with more economical formulas. But who knows, I just might treat myself since base and top coats are so important to me. I've been reading other reviews and the consensus seems to be that this manicure will last about a week. I'm hoping that with the top coats I've used that it'll last a bit longer. Another interesting tidbit: I've never tried Essie polishes before. This seems like a perfect introduction to the line. I'll definitely be looking for these the next time I go to the store.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Jamaica Me Crazy is a pretty magenta shimmer. It's filled with blue and pink shimmer which is what makes this such a lovely polish for me despite my general reluctance to wear this kind of color. Not too much to say, except it went on about average though it did take longer to dry than I would have liked. That and I'll never get used to the Essie brushes.

on 6/22/2012 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a beautiful purple. The formula is easy to work with, opaque with 2 coats.
Last abou 3 days before chipping.

on 6/3/2012 10:06:00 PM

I really like the colour of this polish. However, I'm not really loving the quality of the Essie brand. This polish is $10 in Canada, which is the same price as Nicole OPI. I found that Essie doesn't last as long on my toes as the OPI. I also noticed that Essie looked dull on my toes, whereas OPI retains its shine. I do like some of the colours offered by Essie but I think it is overpriced. I won't buy this brand again or recommend to my friends.

Popular Polishes