Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation - China Doll

Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation - China Doll
Mineral Foundation - China Doll

4.6

MICA, ZINC OXIDE [ /- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE)]. Vegan Friendly

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a perfect match for my skin tone and I used it for at least 4-5 years. It has a very clean formulation and doesn't break me out at all - in fact it even helps clear up the skin. I noticed it when I stopped using it for ~2 weeks and my skin looked terrible. It lights up your face. Unfortunately it doesn't last all day, so be sure to apply a concealer on problem areas if you don't want them to be visible by the end of the day. Also it doesn't look 100% natural because it's very matte so forget about having a "shiny glow". But for someone with acne looking for makeup that doesn't clog the pores and even helps the skin heal, it's one of the best things you can find :)

on 11/21/2014 7:13:00 PM

I'm a MAC NC15 and this colour is just perfect for super pales with yellowish undertones. Lots of brands forget that there can be light but yellow-olive undertoned skins. The Olive Fair from Everyday Minerals also fits me well in compare to, and is cheaper. Both Lily Lolo and Everyday Minerals do not cause me breakouts.

I love this mineral foundation, this is the perfect shade for me, I really thought I'd be porcelain but that was too light for me!

on 1/12/2014 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really love this stuff! It's my go to everyday foundation. I have combination, dehydrated, acne prone skin, about NC20 which is naturally v shiny. This gives good, matte but natural looking coverage. I think the price is good to for the quality. Can't see why I would stop using this! Thoroughly recommend giving it a try. Lily lolo also let u order little trial sizes so u can colour match.

on 8/1/2012 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I actually use this as an eye shadow; I use a darker LL foundation (Barely Buff) on my face, then to give my eyes a lift, I switch to this around my eye sockets. Works really well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Perfect shade for those of us who are too pale for LL's "Blondie" foundation but find "Porcelain" too light for the summer months. I used to mix Porcelain & Blondie to get the perfect foundation shade but now will simply keep buying China Doll. Big thumbs up.

on 3/15/2011 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

China Doll is a recent addition to Lily Lolo's wide range of shades and is the 2nd lightest, sitting between Porcelain and Blondie. I tried the latter first but found it too yellow-based and a little dark for my very light skin. China Doll is perfect.

I'd say it is cool-toned and really very light - considerably lighter than the palest shades in every other brand I have used (lots). If you are 'English Rose' type complexion or someome who struggles to find a shade light enough, this could be for you.

Finish is a slight soft sheen but no shiny sparkles, totally natural looking, like skin but perfected skin. I don't layer much as I don't like too much coverage. One or two layers of this is just right and lasts me all day without finishing powder.

I have sensitive and dry-ish skin so unless my skin is well moisturised first, I do feel some slight tightness on my cheeks, but I've had no other reaction.

Have to say the price and value of Lily Lolo is fantastic. A 10g pot will last me ages. A great, animal-friendly (BUAV approved) brand. I apply with their Super Kabuki which is ace.