CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine - Aventure

Rouge Coco Shine - Aventure

4.5

on 6/1/2018 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I gravitate toward girly lipsticks like a meteor: once I swatched this on my hand and saw the stunning, bright pink and gold microglitter, I KNEW I had to have it.

In my collection, I have the 434 Mademoiselle from the ROUGE COCO line and 52 Aventure from the ROUGE COCO SHINE line. Honestly, the only difference in texture may be that Aventure is sheerer and a bit melty when applying, similar to a lip balm. Chanel also produces a lip treatment, which, if I didn't know any better, I would say is formulated into the ROUGE COCO SHINE lipsticks because Aventure is SO much more hydrating than Mademoiselle. Aventure also leaves a lovely, light stain while Mademoiselle disappears completely once it wears off. Like I stated in my Mademoiselle review however, I don't mind reapplying: the more I love a lipstick, the more opportunities I want to touch up!

Both lipsticks are in my rotation, and sometimes I'll even layer both on (which translates to a shade similar to Legende, which I don't own). My skin runs cool, so bright, preppy shades really perk up my skin when I really want to look more well-rested than I actually am. Plus, I haven't discovered this unique shade from any other brand!

Up close, you can see the microglitter, but it's not noticeable glitter - it really gives your lips a dimensional shine and golden hour effect. I don't regret at all splurging $40 on this lipstick because it's so beautiful.

If I had to describe Aventure in 3 words, I'd pick: joyous, exciting, romantic.
Meanwhile, I'd describe Mademoiselle as sophisticated, elegant, and timeless.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got this on a whim and it's one of those 'if I had to do it again, I wouldn't buy it' purchases.
This colour is rather sheer for me as I have very pigmented lips. It's best for those with pale lips and fair features. (I'm Asian, NC30/C3)

It's fine for a very natural, minimal makeup look on my days off but it's not a lipstick I reach for regularly.
Plus the staying power is minimal as the rouge shines are like glosses than lipsticks.

If you're in the mood for a splurge and you know you'd where this shade every day, then I'd recommend it.
Otherwise I'd say give it a pass.

on 3/1/2013 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A gorgeous bright pink lipstick. Actually, it's a little bit less than lipstick, but more than a gloss. That's why I love the Rouge Coco Shine products :) They're pigmented, but glossy as well, and feel very light on the lips. (The lasting power leaves a bit to be desired, though...) This color is lovely for any occasion when you want to brighten up your look effortlessly. It looks good with a neutral eye, with a smoky eye, and even when you're only wearing blush and mascara. Very flattering warm pink, and the quality is inimitable. Will repurchase thill the end of time.

Aventure was my second Rouge Coco Shine, and currently my favorite go-to lipstick (yes, even more so than the introductory color, the mauve-toned Boy, which suits just about any event and any season). Aventure has just a slightly more pigmented finish than boy, and is brighter; while Boy's mauve undertone is flattering, Aventure's sheer, gold-infused strawberry pink is, while also flattering, ultimately more brightening - it helps light up the complexion in a sweet, natural way. Aventure fulfills my inner French girl - in this, I don't feel polished, per se, but rather feel like I'm channeling the French woman's chic, effortless, rolled-out-of-bed-looking-this-fabulous beauty.