CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine - Aventure

Rouge Coco Shine - Aventure

4.3

on 6/1/2018 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I gravitate toward girly lipsticks like a meteor: once I swatched this on my hand and saw the stunning, bright pink and gold microglitter, I KNEW I had to have it.

In my collection, I have the 434 Mademoiselle from the ROUGE COCO line and 52 Aventure from the ROUGE COCO SHINE line. Honestly, the only difference in texture may be that Aventure is sheerer and a bit melty when applying, similar to a lip balm. Chanel also produces a lip treatment, which, if I didn't know any better, I would say is formulated into the ROUGE COCO SHINE lipsticks because Aventure is SO much more hydrating than Mademoiselle. Aventure also leaves a lovely, light stain while Mademoiselle disappears completely once it wears off. Like I stated in my Mademoiselle review however, I don't mind reapplying: the more I love a lipstick, the more opportunities I want to touch up!

Both lipsticks are in my rotation, and sometimes I'll even layer both on (which translates to a shade similar to Legende, which I don't own). My skin runs cool, so bright, preppy shades really perk up my skin when I really want to look more well-rested than I actually am. Plus, I haven't discovered this unique shade from any other brand!

Up close, you can see the microglitter, but it's not noticeable glitter - it really gives your lips a dimensional shine and golden hour effect. I don't regret at all splurging $40 on this lipstick because it's so beautiful.

If I had to describe Aventure in 3 words, I'd pick: joyous, exciting, romantic.
Meanwhile, I'd describe Mademoiselle as sophisticated, elegant, and timeless.

on 12/22/2011 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Love love love this shade - it brightens my face up instantly.

I'm less in love with the lipstck itself. At 29 euros, I expected perfection. The lipstick feels quite moisturizing - I was looking for a winter lipstick - but perhaps not quite as moisturizing as I expected. It wears off quite quickly, in an hour or two, but my least favorite part is that while it fades, it also leaves a white crusty ring of residue on my lips (cheap lipsticks do that all the time but I expected quality here). So, keep a stack of napkins ready to wipe off the scum. In summary, lovely shade, beautifully packaged, but a mediocre product. I'm a huge fan of regular Coco Rouges - I have at least 9 of them - but won't probably purchase another Coco Rouge Shine.

on 6/4/2011 12:51:00 PM

This is quickly becoming my go to lipstick. The balm-like texture is perfect for summer, it's moisturizing but not sticky. The color is also nice and summery. It's a sheer medium pink with just a hint of gold shimmer to me, it's more of a guava color than a strawberry. I found Monte Carlo to be more of a strawberry.