LUSH Ocean Salt

LUSH Ocean Salt
Ocean SaltOcean SaltOcean Salt

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after a skincare consultation- I got the small 120g/2.23 oz pot for about £9.00/£12.14, which is quite pricey for me. The tub that I brought home was DIFFERENT to the tester which was very good. The purchased product is green {not pale blue} harsher, coarser, more pungent and leaves a much less silky. The tester has the same label, they're both the self preserving formula. I followed the instructions on the pot the first time- apply to freshly cleaned skin, and chose to leave it on for 5 minutes before removing. It left my skin too raw, full of red blotches and stinging (more than a homemade or other store bought rubs). The second time I used it, I mixed a little moisturiser into my skin too, but to no avail. I have very clear skin, so was very unhappy with the price and outcome.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Although a little pricy, this stuff is amazing and I would purchase again. I went on vacation and got at least 2 shades darker by the end of it and my pores looked terrible. After returning home and using this product, my skin and pores were so healthy looking and glowing, and it brought my complexion almost completely back to its original state. It lightens skin, and removes dry and dead skin. It also work amazingly as an exfoliant to soften and smooth lips before applying lipstick. This is such a great buy, and has great texture which does its job and a pleasing smell! Would 100% recommend to everyone looking to improve the appearance of their skin!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It made my skin super soft and brighter. You do have to mix it up after you just get it, btw. One plus is that it has vodka in it which helps for acne. Another is that you can use it on your face and your body. I really like this stuff and I like so many of Lush's products and this one is one of my faves :)

I found this to be far too abrasive on my face but the beautiful thing was it doubles as a body scrub which was amazing. It can be rather drying, I found it did help clear my acne somewhat but I could only use it once a week and the citrus and vodka they use in it was not kind. Even as a body scrub make sure to moisturize after using this! All in all I did really enjoy this product though!

on 8/1/2017 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is possibly the worst, most abrasive scrub i've ever used. I can't even use it on my body :( after two weeks of it sitting after contacting lush about a horrible reaction i had to this, it completely melted into salty lime water. Might get you drunk that's about it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This scrub is so pretty and smells so good, but sadly this was just incredibly harsh. Really sharp salt mixed with alcohol did not make my sensitive skin happy, let me tell you. This was even too harsh for my body! And so expensive, to boot.

on 3/2/2017 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this scrub. Lush is a great brand but I feel that Ocean Salt is beyond overhyped. It's so pretty in the jar. Like look at it! But I leaves the worst oily film on my skin. I also found that I was breaking out and once I took the scrub out of rotation, my skin cleared up.

Bought this because I wanted (and have been having a hard time finding) a good exfoliating face scrub. Used this a couple times so far and really love it! It feels sooo refreshing and smells so nice like 4711. Haven't used it on my body because I have a lot of body scrubs already. If you have sensitive skin you should skip this one, I only use it once or twice a week because I find it is quite strong (which is what I was hoping for!)

on 3/1/2017 12:37:00 AM

I know that this can be pretty expensive, so I'm very happy I only had a sample of it. Even so, this product was a dud. I'm a pretty big Lush fan, but I'm not that in love that I can't critique the brand.

Ocean Salt was very grainy but like a chunky grainy. I found it hard to apply to my face and the big "crystals" didn't really do a good job of exfoliating. This stuff was also hella rough on my face and I was very turned off by the smell.

I'm still looking for a good exfoliator because this one was so disappointing.

Ugh. This is one of the most gimmicky products I've used. I'm new to Lush, so maybe I'm just not buying into all the hype, but I'm so glad I only got a sample of this and didn't waste my money on it.

I'm an every-other-day physical product exfoliator, and needless to say, I was extremely disappointed when I used this product. The salt crystals were far too large to see any real exfoliating benefits -- other than the few giant crystals on your face, it doesn't get into the nooks and crannies, and most certainly does not gently buff away any dead skin cells.

Naturally, with those large crystals, there's nothing gentle about it. As many other reviewers mentioned, the large crystals scratched my face, and left it a stinging, red mess. I was hoping that for the pain, there would at least be some nice oils or moisturizing properties of the scrub that left my face soft or smooth. Sadly, there are not, and instead, my face is left a dry, red, overheated, scratched mess.

If that wasn't enough, my face is radiating the smell of a margarita so strong I might be getting drunk off of it.

At this point, I don't even know if I want to use it as a hand or foot exfoliator.

I'm highly disappointed, and I will definitely be sticking to my Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, which has tiny granules that DO gently buff, and colloidal oatmeal to sooth skin. And it doesn't stink.