LUSH Ocean Salt

LUSH Ocean Salt
Ocean SaltOcean Salt

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Bought this because I wanted (and have been having a hard time finding) a good exfoliating face scrub. Used this a couple times so far and really love it! It feels sooo refreshing and smells so nice like 4711. Haven't used it on my body because I have a lot of body scrubs already. If you have sensitive skin you should skip this one, I only use it once or twice a week because I find it is quite strong (which is what I was hoping for!)

on 3/1/2017 12:37:00 AM

I know that this can be pretty expensive, so I'm very happy I only had a sample of it. Even so, this product was a dud. I'm a pretty big Lush fan, but I'm not that in love that I can't critique the brand.

Ocean Salt was very grainy but like a chunky grainy. I found it hard to apply to my face and the big "crystals" didn't really do a good job of exfoliating. This stuff was also hella rough on my face and I was very turned off by the smell.

I'm still looking for a good exfoliator because this one was so disappointing.

Ugh. This is one of the most gimmicky products I've used. I'm new to Lush, so maybe I'm just not buying into all the hype, but I'm so glad I only got a sample of this and didn't waste my money on it.

I'm an every-other-day physical product exfoliator, and needless to say, I was extremely disappointed when I used this product. The salt crystals were far too large to see any real exfoliating benefits -- other than the few giant crystals on your face, it doesn't get into the nooks and crannies, and most certainly does not gently buff away any dead skin cells.

Naturally, with those large crystals, there's nothing gentle about it. As many other reviewers mentioned, the large crystals scratched my face, and left it a stinging, red mess. I was hoping that for the pain, there would at least be some nice oils or moisturizing properties of the scrub that left my face soft or smooth. Sadly, there are not, and instead, my face is left a dry, red, overheated, scratched mess.

If that wasn't enough, my face is radiating the smell of a margarita so strong I might be getting drunk off of it.

At this point, I don't even know if I want to use it as a hand or foot exfoliator.

I'm highly disappointed, and I will definitely be sticking to my Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, which has tiny granules that DO gently buff, and colloidal oatmeal to sooth skin. And it doesn't stink.

i heard such great things about this mask so when i had the chance i bought it. i think it exfoliates great, i personally love a bit of a rough exfoliator. it looks pretty and i like the smell (smells like the ocean). my issue is that it leaves a layer of oil after rinsing off and for that reason i will not repurchase.

I've used ocean salt in the past as a body scrub and it was nice, but I never felt the overall "OMG Lush holy grail" feeling like some friends, and every Lush employee has given its stamp for.

I recently repurchased, wanting to treat myself, and found this new revamp, or whatever it is to be a big disappointment. I didn't buy the new "self-preserving" formula either, I bought the standard one because my skin doesn't need any extra moisture and I tend to go through the small tub quickly anyways.

Using it as a body scrub was almost useless. There's barely any salt for exfoliation anymore, and whatever is there melts away in seconds.

Using it as a face scrub is even worse. The sea salt they use is TOO abrasive. I know that sounds counterintuitive, but the salt granules were way too large, and though they did melt away in seconds, the formula made my skin red, blotchy, and uneven.

Keep in mind I do have completely clear, problem free skin. I was only in need of a light exfoliation and brightening. The scrub did neither, and it was a waste of money as it didn't perform well as a body scrub either. Packaging just gets a high rating, because Lush is of course earth conscious and they will recycle.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Soo, in my opinion, this totally takes the title of "Ultimate Worst Overhyped Product - Probably of All Time." After reading about Lush's Ocean Salt scrub on bestproducts.com, I got suckered into trying it. I purchased the "self preserving" version, which the guy at Lush said was the same as the original version. Let me tell you why it's awful: It barely offers any exfoliation. The product is *mostly* a creamy base with too-little salt mixed in. Seriously, rubbing it on my skin felt very similar to putting on lotion in the shower! Also, the vodka smell is borderline overpowering. Imagine if you poured a glass of vodka, then added a splash of lime juice, and that is the smell you're going to get. I'm guessing the original (non-self preserving) version might smell less alcoholic - the vodka seems to be the preservative. Lastly, I paid $42 US (after a 6% sales tax) for one 8 oz tub. Un. Fricking. Believable. Store-bought body scrubs are kind of a waste of money to begin with (yes, even the $7 ones at Ulta), just because they are SO easy to make yourself at home with 2 ingredients and 5 minutes. To spend $42 on something that doesn't even do the job of a half-a$$ homemade scrub with olive oil and sugar or salt is beyond outrageous. Next time I'm too lazy to mix my own scrub, I'll go to Ulta and buy 6 (SIX) jars of scrub for the price of ONE Lush scrub (oh, and each jar would be bigger, too!). I honestly think people are just fangirling Ocean Salt because it's Lush...there are no redeeming qualities other than the brand name. This junk looks nothing like the photos, smells nothing like the description, and is overall just sad and depressing.

on 2/2/2017 11:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The first time I ever used this I got a sample of the regular stuff and then I bought a container of it. I found it was really harsh on my skin, so I went into LUSH and I asked them about it. I get it's an product meant to exfoliate but it was really hard on my sensitive skin. The staff mentioned that they have the Self Preserving version, and offered to exchange the regular one I bought for this one. I found it was so much easier on my skin.

I was in LUSH a couple days ago and the SA I was speaking with advised me to actually put it over top of Ultra Bland when I wash my face at night instead of just using it on naked skin. I started - and I've only done it a couple times since I only use the product every 3rd day - doing that and it's made a big difference. I find it still exfoliates but it's a lot more gentle on my skin. I never thought of using it together but it's a great idea and so far it's amazing.

I really like this product overall, but the price is iffy for me. Since I only use it every 3rd day the container lasts me a long time but when I run out I always cringe that I have to buy a new one. I appreciate all LUSH products I use, really, but this is the one product I feel is kind of overpriced for what it is. That being said, I obviously continue to use it so it doesn't bother me that much I just like to find something to complain about. It's definitely a product I am happy with, works for my skin and I will more than likely continue to purchase. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who uses an exfoliator as part of their regular skin care routine as it smells really great and it works - it gently exfoliates and leaves my skin feeling amazing afterwards. Just be prepared to pay more for the volume than a regular face cleanser or wash at LUSH. I think it is almost $40CAD for a 250g container.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this, so I got a sample of both the regular formula and the self preserving one. To me, the ingredients sound super harsh and more gimmicky than they were beneficial but I figured a small test patch would be okay. It does exfoliate but it's far too harsh and pore clogging for me.

Unfortunately both formulas broke me out after just one use, so I have nothing else positive to add except to save your black jars if you happen to like it a lot. You can trade them in for free face masks when you save enough of them.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product may be great for some people but it scratches my face and leaves me with red patches. Also I don't really like the sent of this product ether.

on 1/17/2017 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The vodka smell is terrible! way to harsh on skin