LUSH Ocean Salt

LUSH Ocean Salt

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My go-to summer scrub. Smells like a margarita! Skin is left soft and perfectly moisturised, the scent is invigorating, and it's honestly the best thing to perk me up before a long hot night at a party. I use it on my face and body. Just avoid cuts and scrapes because it is made of salt. Yes, I learned the hard way.

I am new to this body/face scrub but it is so good, I am actually quite surprised to like it this much.

What I love about it is that - this is an organic, cruelty-free product and it is infused with some amazing ingredients. It smells like ocean in a pot, like literally. This might have something to do with sea salt being one of the key ingredient, but when you use this on your body - it instantly gives you the softest baby skin possible and I love it for that.

You can also use it as a facial scrub (you can read more about it on my site partyparrotblog.com) but I personally love it is a body scrub. Very nice product indeed!

To Read all 740 Reviews, Login or Join

Reading through these reviews I have noticed a lot of people say it's too hard on their faces. I'm just wanting to give some tips that may help. When I first brought ocean salt I was proceeding with caution as I have oily/acne prone skin that is easily irritated so I've never been able to find a good exfoliating product that gives me a good pain free end result. The key is not to use too much on your face I'm literally talking fingertip sized amount and only focus on the areas where blackheads are common. Nose, chin, t-zone if oily etc. avoid forehead if sensitive and cheeks. It's worked really great for me doing it this way. I also use quite roughly on my back and chest though as my skin there is far less sensitive. I only use this once a week or if I've worn makeup more than two days in a row I will focus on my nose and chin maybe twice a week. (Don't use often currently trying to get my skin on track) I can see how it could definitely be too much for some people but it's good to start off small. :)

on 5/19/2016 3:06:00 AM

Pretty good! I like how it leaves my skin soft and smooth after i use this. Although it doesn't really really help to remove like whiteheads or anything deep inside the skin.

on 5/10/2016 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this scrub! I've been on the market for a while now looking for a scrub that was suitable for my incredibly sensitive skin. I stopped using scrubs when I was 19 due to a severe allergic reaction and only recently came around to the idea of exfoliating again (my skin be looking DULLLL) I was given a sample of this at Lush and decided to try it and I am so happy I did!

Other reviews mentioned how this product is not suitable to sensitive skin but I disagree with that assessment. From my personal experience, it's all in how you use the product. I use the scrub once a week (to not aggravate my already sensitive skin) and I make sure to be extra gentle in rubbing the product into my skin. I made the mistake of rubbing too aggressively the first time around and experienced stinging and red patches on my face afterwards. After that I learned to be extra gentle and ta-da! No more stinging or red patches! Who would've thunk it!?? I would also like to note that aestheticians are also extra gentle when applying an exfoliant during a facial soooo... it would make sense for us to do the same right?! Anyway my overall process goes like this:

1. Wet my face
2. GENTLY rub the product into my skin using an upward circular motion. I do this for about 10 seconds max
3. Wash the product off of my face
4. Apply a moisturizer (I use Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb)

After this I wake up with soft and radiant skin. It's a miracle ya'll! For reference I am a fair-skinned Asian with super sensitive skin :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

No, no, no (No!)

This is a product I tried in my ache-riddled crisis period, and it was one of those devious 'looks like it's helping but really wrecking havoc' affairs.

Yes, initially your skin will feel smoother. And yes, and spots you have could dry up a little at first. Your skin will look brighter for about a week, and if you moisturize you'll think there's really no reason not to fall in love with it.

But it is truly TERRIBLE for your skin. Alcohol like that might be good at blitzing the bad stuff from your skin, but it's also incredibly drying and irritating to your skin. After that initial stage of smoother, less oily skin, your pores will freak out like crazy and your skin will get even oilier, or break out even more. Sea salt is also a terribly irritating ingredient and it's also way too abrasive to be used as a physical exfoliant - this product will sting, and that is not a good sign, your body is in pain for a reason. The salt can make any spots flame up a lot more.

Lime is also a culprit here. I know the idea of 'organic' ingredients is appealing, and lemon and lime are marketed as this great face-brightening natural source, but it'll also irritate your skin, and combined with the other ingredients this entire product is really just a cocktail of drying and irritating ingredients marketed as a unique and creative way of harvesting 'natural' resources to heal your skin. Natural doesn't always equal nicer for your skin.

I know Lush sells this wonderful concept, and it's so easy to get pulled in, but things like lavender, salt, alcohol, heavy fragrance, any citrus fruit extract (lemon/lime/orange) - they may have proven benefits (i.e., lavender has antiseptic properties) but they are also all incredibly irritating, especially to sensitive skin, and their benefits do not out weigh the negatives. Plenty of products do the same thing without the consequences.

Also, chemical exfoliants are much better than physical exfoliants for the skin, because physical ones can damage the skin surface. A good BHA or AHA exfoliant would be a much better alternative to this product.

This has a refreshing sea scent and works fine as a body scrub, but I don't recommend anyone use this as a facial scrub-it made my face feel sting-y and raw! I'm amazed that it's labeled for use on the face as well-I can't imagine any skin type being able to tolerate this assault! Proceed with caution!

on 4/21/2016 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I was recommended this scrub to get rid of hyperpigmentation and overall exfoliation. I made the huge mistake of trying it out as a facial exfoliant, my face burned and developed hives of some sort. So I thought perhaps my facial skin is sensitive to an ingredient in the scrub, than I decided to try it on my legs and arms and it did the exact same thing. Started with tingling which turned into burning! In addition, the grits are way to big to use on your face as they can cause micro tears.

on 4/20/2016 11:28:00 PM

This is the holy grail when it comes to scrubs and exfoliators. If you like the more abrasive and rougher scrub that really exfoliates, I recommend you try this Lush Ocean Salt scrub. Here's a run down of the pros and cons.

Pros:
- Amazing exfoliator
- Lasts me for a long time (One tub lasted me more than half a year)
- Makes skin feel smooth and soft
- Reduces blackheads
- Brightens skin
- Gets rid of dead skin

Cons:
- Taste can get in your mouth and it tastes pretty bad
- Can be a little on the pricier side

I typically use this every other day but that can be a bit much for some people. For instance, I have combination skin (oil t-zone but dry cheeks, nose and brow area)

on 4/17/2016 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I use this scrub for my face only, and the first thing I noticed was the smell (and the taste as I unfortunately got some in my mouth). It smells like the jar says, ocean. And I'm not sure if that is my cup of tea.

The scrub itself, regardless of the smell, works wonders on my skin, especially in the winter when my skin gets dry and patchy. If I want my foundation to look nice in the winter, I have to use this when I shower in advance.

The reason I went with "No" on "If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?" is just the smell. I would go for a similar product from the same brand when I run out of this scrub, just not the ocean one.