LUSH Ocean Salt Face & Body Scrub

LUSH Ocean Salt Face & Body Scrub
Ocean Salt Face & Body ScrubOcean Salt Face & Body ScrubOcean Salt Face & Body ScrubOcean Salt Face & Body Scrub

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Good scrub that I use sparingly as I don’t want to overdo it. Quite gritty and rough feeling, helps refresh my skin and keep it feeling clean and exflotiated after every use. It also does tone down my redness a bit so that’s a plus. I usually use it on my face. The only con is that I can usually end up tasting this product so in that sense, you’ve got to be careful when rinsing it off. Will definitely have to try and use it as a body scrub. Also, be warned, the smell is intense oceany freshness and this will make your face, or I imagine your body too, soft.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Sooooo good for exfoliating! Had this since August 2017 and I've been using it until now!

This is great for exfoliating feet but I would never use this on my face. The salt is too coarse and there are some irritating plant oils in this that make it unsuitable for facial skin. I stopped buying it because it was too expensive, I got tired of stirring it, and the jar is messy.

on 4/18/2018 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this product for 2 years now and I have loved it from the start! I love the coarseness from the salt and it really tackles my problem T zone. It makes my skin brighter and more manageable, I used it before my wedding to help give me that "bridal glow" and it definitely delivered! The larger container is of better value as you can get more uses out of it for a cheaper price in the long run. I have recommended this product to all of my friends who can be hard on their skin, they have loved it as well! Love this product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Honestly Lush products tend to appeal to the animal protecting, natural loving, hipster part of ourselves. Pretty packaging, promising things, but poor results. I have dry sensitive skin, and beyond the fact that it doesnt irritate my skin and it has a pretty good smell, it doesnt exfolliate all too good. I would honestly recommend saving money and buying cetaphil/regular glycerin soap and using a rough sponge to get better results. On the softness, brightening thing, my skin aint different at all. Wouldnt buy again :/

The idea of this scrub really interested me, as I love the ocean and the beach.
Well, firstly, the smell the product had in the store was kind of nice, but after using the product at home a few times, I am disgusted by the smell. To me, it smells like dirty ocean. I’ve used it as a body scrub only, due to the horror stories from people using it on their face, and I see absolutely no difference. I wanted to love this scrub, but it was a complete let down for me.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after a skincare consultation- I got the small 120g/2.23 oz pot for about £9.00/£12.14, which is quite pricey for me. The tub that I brought home was DIFFERENT to the tester which was very good. The purchased product is green {not pale blue} harsher, coarser, more pungent and leaves a much less silky. The tester has the same label, they're both the self preserving formula. I followed the instructions on the pot the first time- apply to freshly cleaned skin, and chose to leave it on for 5 minutes before removing. It left my skin too raw, full of red blotches and stinging (more than a homemade or other store bought rubs). The second time I used it, I mixed a little moisturiser into my skin too, but to no avail. I have very clear skin, so was very unhappy with the price and outcome.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Although a little pricy, this stuff is amazing and I would purchase again. I went on vacation and got at least 2 shades darker by the end of it and my pores looked terrible. After returning home and using this product, my skin and pores were so healthy looking and glowing, and it brought my complexion almost completely back to its original state. It lightens skin, and removes dry and dead skin. It also work amazingly as an exfoliant to soften and smooth lips before applying lipstick. This is such a great buy, and has great texture which does its job and a pleasing smell! Would 100% recommend to everyone looking to improve the appearance of their skin!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It made my skin super soft and brighter. You do have to mix it up after you just get it, btw. One plus is that it has vodka in it which helps for acne. Another is that you can use it on your face and your body. I really like this stuff and I like so many of Lush's products and this one is one of my faves :)

I found this to be far too abrasive on my face but the beautiful thing was it doubles as a body scrub which was amazing. It can be rather drying, I found it did help clear my acne somewhat but I could only use it once a week and the citrus and vodka they use in it was not kind. Even as a body scrub make sure to moisturize after using this! All in all I did really enjoy this product though!