LUSH Ocean Salt

LUSH Ocean Salt
Ocean SaltOcean Salt

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

I found this to be far too abrasive on my face but the beautiful thing was it doubles as a body scrub which was amazing. It can be rather drying, I found it did help clear my acne somewhat but I could only use it once a week and the citrus and vodka they use in it was not kind. Even as a body scrub make sure to moisturize after using this! All in all I did really enjoy this product though!

on 8/1/2017 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is possibly the worst, most abrasive scrub i've ever used. I can't even use it on my body :( after two weeks of it sitting after contacting lush about a horrible reaction i had to this, it completely melted into salty lime water. Might get you drunk that's about it.

on 3/2/2017 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this scrub. Lush is a great brand but I feel that Ocean Salt is beyond overhyped. It's so pretty in the jar. Like look at it! But I leaves the worst oily film on my skin. I also found that I was breaking out and once I took the scrub out of rotation, my skin cleared up.

on 3/1/2017 12:37:00 AM

I know that this can be pretty expensive, so I'm very happy I only had a sample of it. Even so, this product was a dud. I'm a pretty big Lush fan, but I'm not that in love that I can't critique the brand.

Ocean Salt was very grainy but like a chunky grainy. I found it hard to apply to my face and the big "crystals" didn't really do a good job of exfoliating. This stuff was also hella rough on my face and I was very turned off by the smell.

I'm still looking for a good exfoliator because this one was so disappointing.

Bought this because I wanted (and have been having a hard time finding) a good exfoliating face scrub. Used this a couple times so far and really love it! It feels sooo refreshing and smells so nice like 4711. Haven't used it on my body because I have a lot of body scrubs already. If you have sensitive skin you should skip this one, I only use it once or twice a week because I find it is quite strong (which is what I was hoping for!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This scrub is so pretty and smells so good, but sadly this was just incredibly harsh. Really sharp salt mixed with alcohol did not make my sensitive skin happy, let me tell you. This was even too harsh for my body! And so expensive, to boot.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Soo, in my opinion, this totally takes the title of "Ultimate Worst Overhyped Product - Probably of All Time." After reading about Lush's Ocean Salt scrub on bestproducts.com, I got suckered into trying it. I purchased the "self preserving" version, which the guy at Lush said was the same as the original version. Let me tell you why it's awful: It barely offers any exfoliation. The product is *mostly* a creamy base with too-little salt mixed in. Seriously, rubbing it on my skin felt very similar to putting on lotion in the shower! Also, the vodka smell is borderline overpowering. Imagine if you poured a glass of vodka, then added a splash of lime juice, and that is the smell you're going to get. I'm guessing the original (non-self preserving) version might smell less alcoholic - the vodka seems to be the preservative. Lastly, I paid $42 US (after a 6% sales tax) for one 8 oz tub. Un. Fricking. Believable. Store-bought body scrubs are kind of a waste of money to begin with (yes, even the $7 ones at Ulta), just because they are SO easy to make yourself at home with 2 ingredients and 5 minutes. To spend $42 on something that doesn't even do the job of a half-a$$ homemade scrub with olive oil and sugar or salt is beyond outrageous. Next time I'm too lazy to mix my own scrub, I'll go to Ulta and buy 6 (SIX) jars of scrub for the price of ONE Lush scrub (oh, and each jar would be bigger, too!). I honestly think people are just fangirling Ocean Salt because it's Lush...there are no redeeming qualities other than the brand name. This junk looks nothing like the photos, smells nothing like the description, and is overall just sad and depressing.

Ugh. This is one of the most gimmicky products I've used. I'm new to Lush, so maybe I'm just not buying into all the hype, but I'm so glad I only got a sample of this and didn't waste my money on it.

I'm an every-other-day physical product exfoliator, and needless to say, I was extremely disappointed when I used this product. The salt crystals were far too large to see any real exfoliating benefits -- other than the few giant crystals on your face, it doesn't get into the nooks and crannies, and most certainly does not gently buff away any dead skin cells.

Naturally, with those large crystals, there's nothing gentle about it. As many other reviewers mentioned, the large crystals scratched my face, and left it a stinging, red mess. I was hoping that for the pain, there would at least be some nice oils or moisturizing properties of the scrub that left my face soft or smooth. Sadly, there are not, and instead, my face is left a dry, red, overheated, scratched mess.

If that wasn't enough, my face is radiating the smell of a margarita so strong I might be getting drunk off of it.

At this point, I don't even know if I want to use it as a hand or foot exfoliator.

I'm highly disappointed, and I will definitely be sticking to my Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, which has tiny granules that DO gently buff, and colloidal oatmeal to sooth skin. And it doesn't stink.

I've used ocean salt in the past as a body scrub and it was nice, but I never felt the overall "OMG Lush holy grail" feeling like some friends, and every Lush employee has given its stamp for.

I recently repurchased, wanting to treat myself, and found this new revamp, or whatever it is to be a big disappointment. I didn't buy the new "self-preserving" formula either, I bought the standard one because my skin doesn't need any extra moisture and I tend to go through the small tub quickly anyways.

Using it as a body scrub was almost useless. There's barely any salt for exfoliation anymore, and whatever is there melts away in seconds.

Using it as a face scrub is even worse. The sea salt they use is TOO abrasive. I know that sounds counterintuitive, but the salt granules were way too large, and though they did melt away in seconds, the formula made my skin red, blotchy, and uneven.

Keep in mind I do have completely clear, problem free skin. I was only in need of a light exfoliation and brightening. The scrub did neither, and it was a waste of money as it didn't perform well as a body scrub either. Packaging just gets a high rating, because Lush is of course earth conscious and they will recycle.

i heard such great things about this mask so when i had the chance i bought it. i think it exfoliates great, i personally love a bit of a rough exfoliator. it looks pretty and i like the smell (smells like the ocean). my issue is that it leaves a layer of oil after rinsing off and for that reason i will not repurchase.