Haus of Gloi Pumpkin Butter

No Image

4.6

Water, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glyceryl stearate, PEG 100 stearate, glycerin, cyclopentasiloxane, behenyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone, phenoxyethanol (and) caprylyl glycol (paraben and formaldehyde free preservative), hydrolyzed cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) seed extract, tocopherol, tetrasodium EDTA, xanthan gum, citric acid

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Haus of Gloi pumpkin butters are a nice, rich moisturizer that I like a lot in the winter months. They do feel a little greasy initially, but that fades pretty quickly. Their scents are often really lovely, but you can order an unscented version as well, since their products are generally very fragrant. I have bought some for my mom and she loves them as well, and she's a much more fond of body butters and heavier body moisturizers than I am.

on 3/5/2017 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I love Haus of Gloi's Pumpkin Butters. I can get dry skin that get flaky and painful if I skip moisturizing during the winter. Pumpkin Butter gives hits the perfect level of moisturization for my skin without feeling greasy or heavy.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These are creamy, incredibly moisturizing and the scents I chose are very nice and last well on the skin. Satyr was what stood out to me. I also have Imp. My body is prone to eczema and dry patches, especially my legs and arms. I need moisture that lasts and these are perfect. Bonus points for being vegan and handmade. Highly recommended

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I'm not a huge lotion girl. I find it nasty in texture and takes forever to absorb even if I use a minimal amount. I had heard almost nothing but great things about Haus of Gloi's pumpkin butter, though, and decided to try it.

Okay, I'm a convert. I bought the scent Ghost Puffs. I didn't like it in perfume form (HoG perfume oils usually don't work well with my body chemistry), but this is fantastic in lotion form. It smells like rice krispie treats and the notes mellow out to a vanilla-y marshmallow scent after the buttery top notes fade. I keep it by my computer for easy access and I'll at times open the jar and take a whiff for an instant pick me up. Makes me wish I could eat it.

The lotion itself is fantastic. It's heavy yet surprisingly lightweight and fluffy, and just a light flick of my finger (about pea size) is enough to cover my hands and wrists. It absorbs into my skin almost immediately and makes it incredibly soft. I can get about four hours before reapplying is needed, though I'll admit that sometimes I'll reapply it just because. I've had the sample jar for about a month. I've dipped my fingers in that jar at least once a day almost daily since I received it and it barely looks like I have a dent in the product. That is incredible.

The sample jar is a little awkward to dip fingers into, but I'm about to buy a full sized jar of Ghost Puffs and another sample jar in a different scent. If you hate lotion or need another alternative, try this.

on 2/19/2015 9:23:00 AM

Currently I am suffering through the doldrums of a prototypical Upstate New York February. Spring is still too far away to taste, and the holidays are a hazy dream. The allure of carbohydrates is unquestionable; Netflix is my only friend. So clearly the skin on every part of my body is rough, itchy, scaly, you name it. Blah.

When the chips are down (I know, I'm being dramatic) it's really great to know you can rely on a product to not only soothe and moisturize your dry skin, but to also make you feel good about supporting a worthy indie brand. Haus of Gloi offers a truly superior product that is SO so sooooo fun to use. The pumpkin butters come in a variety of fragrances (unscented too, obv) and smooth on creamily, luxuriously, quenching your skin (like literally, I can feel my skin drinking it) without leaving it greasy. The butters are absorbed almost immediately; there's no film at all -- they leave almost a creamy-powdery texture. The packaging is a sturdy plastic tub with adorable old-timey labels and great scent descriptions. The butters come in two sizes (the small size is good to keep at work, and to try a bunch of different scents), and I find them very affordable for something I consider a treat to use. I've ordered several times and I've never had any issues with shipping -- it's always timely, the butters come packaged in appropriately sized boxes (I'm giving you a huge fisheye, Amazon) with little freebies like perfume oil samples and Japanese candies. And a cute little handwritten thank you note.

Check out their website, they have a large roster of permanent scents and do lovely seasonal updates. These are the scents I've tried: Samhain, Saft Ernte, Olde Cider Haus (Autumn scents), Eggnog (Holiday -- my absolute FAVE, it smells amazing), Troika, Apothecary (2nd fave), Insalata Nocturna, Rose City, Honeysuckle Lemon Curd (DELISH), Driftwood (mmmm). The trick, as with all scented things, is to find the fragrance that works for you -- of course, you won't love all of them. I will say that I've sampled a wide array of indie perfume brands, and Haus of Gloi fragrances never have a rank base oil situation or turn funny on my skin. They're all vegan too, if that is important to you.

They have many other great products, but I consider these pumpkin butters to be their standout and they're definitely one of my HGs for all seasons. I sincerely don't know why I woke up today and felt compelled to write a Haus of Gloi love letter lol, but seriously, they're a great company, treat yo' self.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For reference - I have dehydrated skin, eczema, and am sensitive to scents. I use the HoG pumpkin butter in aether (no scent).

Pumpkin butter as moisturizing as any body butter I've used but without the greasy feeling. It absorbs quickly (I can use this on my hands and then go on to use my phone in a minute without any telltale lotion marks) and does not leave any perceptible film on my skin. It deserves every single rave it has ever received and with this I can disguise myself not only as a normal human but a well-moisturized one at that. I definitely smell a (somewhat cloyingly) sweet pumpkin scent upon application which fortunately fades so I can't smell it unless my nose is about 3" away.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Mark my words...once you go "Gloi" you never ever go back!! Excuse the bad pun;-)

Recently, I've been getting into indie perfume oils and Haus of Gloi was a brand I stumbled upon while browsing the Reddit beauty boards. Their products are Vegan and the packaging has a unique gothic/apothecary aesthetic that's adorable! Currently, they sell their wide variety of butters, oils, scrubs, and soaps online at their website and turn-around-time is 5-7 days before they ship your order because everything is handmade.

I think I'm in love and slightly obsessed since I placed my first order a month ago! My wallet really hates me right now and I'm already planning my next order when their fall scents come out! The pumpkin butter imo truly steals the show and is an HG product for me. My skin is very sensitive and I tend to avoid fragranced lotions because they break my body out in acne or make me itchy. This is the first brand that hasn't irritated my skin at all and the ingredients truly soften and improve your skin over time, instead of drying it out like conventional brands do.

The scents I have tried (so far) are
Komodo- Summer LE (dragon's blood, mangosteen, and tropical blooms) This one is very strong and reminds me of a tropical breeze and incense. It makes a statement.
Beguiled- Summer LE (buttermilk lemon cake with raspberry coulis and pink peppercorn) My favorite cuz it smells like the yummiest bakery in town!

I love both scents that I chose and have tried a bunch of other fragrances they offer in oil and scrub form, but the pumpkin butters are truly superior. If you are looking for a indie, small business that offers completely unique scent experiences then try HoG, you are going to love it and they specialize in seasonal scents, which means there is always something new to try---before they sell out!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've finished up a small pot of Imp. Not too fond of the scent, the texture is pretty thick, a little greasy. Very moisturizing, the scent quite strong and lingering. I have very dry skin and do like this.

Currently using Satyr, love love the scent. It's a mix of orange and vanilla, something warm and comforting. I'm trying vice next because I love the scent if chocolate.

on 2/20/2014 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really liked this product. It's thick and moisturizing but won't leave your skin feeling greasy. Thick creams usually sit on my skin while this sinks right in. I use this for any dry or rough spots and around my eyes. I have KP on my arms and this has definitely helped although it's not a miracle product. Just a very good moisturizer! I have the unscented version, Aether.

On another note, I used this for shaving my legs in the shower and the pumpkin butter works like a charm for this, too! It's slick enough but won't wash off straight away with the water. So if you have very dry skin, I'd imagine you could use this as a conditioning shower product as well as shaving. I'll definitely repurchase but unfortunately they sometimes seem not to have the unscented version on sale - big minus! :(

on 2/3/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Haus of Gloi is a fairly recent indie brand I've tried out, but I already know that I love their formulas and scents. I got their pumpkin butter to use as mainly for my legs - my legs tend to get very dry and itchy, especially overnight - and the consistency is perfect. It's a bit heaver than lotion, but nowhere near as thick and frosting-like as some body butters can get. The company is paradise for those into unusual scents, which evoke images of vintage apothecary with a side of gothic. For those who would prefer unscented, try Aether. In their body butter formula, I've tried: Lichti Milk Tea, Honeysuckle Lemon, Elevenses (orange cakes, sugar-coated almonds, black tea), and Satyr (blood orange, vanilla). For those who prefer lotion, I've tried both Moon Dog (coconut, sandalwood, nutmeg, clove) and Troika (almond, oat, coconut milk, agave nectar, clean white) - both of which are heavenly - in their body emulsion formula. As an addendum, I'd also highly recommend their sugar exfoliant in Absinthe. Nice products! They offer mini 2 oz. sizes, which are great for a trial.