A-Derma Irritated Skin Care Cream Face & Body

1 review

water/petroleum/glyceryl stearate/PEG-12/ oat kernel flour/cyclomethicone/glycerin/PPG-15 stearyl ether/stearic acid/benzoic acid/carbomer/chlorphenesin/disodium EDTA/phenoxyethanol/sodium hydroxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

A-Derma is a French brand aimed at those with extreme skin problems and use Rhealba Oat milk in their products to soothe and treat irritated, sensitive, excoriated, extopic and generally difficult skin. As a rosacea sufferer, I've had success with oat milk products before but the only place I've seen A-Derma sold on the UK high street (so far) is in large branches of Boots. Products average around 6-7 which I think is pretty reasonable and covers a small range of cleansers and creams for face and body, although there is a larger range available through French websites.

Despite giving this high marks, I probably wouldn't purchase this again, mainly because it has a slight stickyness which always made my mineral foundation look cakey over this, no matter what I tried. The cream is white, unscented, fairly thick, and comes in a 50ml tube. It is also slightly drying, strangely enough, despite the sticky feeling. It has petroleum as the second ingredient, which may be the cause, and it can be a cause of acne for some people, like myself. I didn't use it long enough to find out whether it broke me out, though. However, I did find this very soothing indeed and I will probably reach for this when my skin has a bad flare up or to help calm it after a bad experience with a new product, but I don't think I could use it consistently. I can imagine this working for a lot of people with less acne-prone skin than me who wear either liquid foundation or no makeup. Overall, having tried two of the cleansers from this range as well, I think this is a brand well worth trying for those struggling to get their skin back to 'normal'.