Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx

2.6

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Silicate, Sodium Magnesium Fluorosilicate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Urea, Diazolidinyl Urea, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Seed Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Phospholipids, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben...............Eye version..Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Silicate, Sodium Magnesium Fluorosilicate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Seed Extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Dipeptide-2, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Phospholipids, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Steareth-20, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

No. I got a very small sample from Sephora and the directions were limited. So I read the reviews on MA. I put a very small amount around my eyes over serum. When I checked after about 5 minutes I could really see the tightening effect ... and I liked it. But when I went to my makeup mirror I saw white residue - not good. I was planning on going makeup free today (it's a holiday!) so I put a bit of moisturizer and it really didn't help. I finally put on some BB cream but that seemed to accentuate the residue. I'm too lazy to wash everything off and start over so I'm not sure yet how easily it comes off. I will not use this again. Maybe others have better skills at applying it or it might be a better fit for their skin. Please note - because my review is based on a sample I could not rate price or packaging however MA requires responses - I used 3 lippies and I hope that doesn't skew the results.

I've been using this product for my aging (60's) skin and it always tightens, takes years off my face. Mainly used when I'm going out. I'm on my sixth tube and will use this product forever. Perhaps the reviewers who were less than enthusiastic had fairly tight skin to begin with.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Here's the thing- this won't do anything if you need it and it can't do anything if you don't.
My mom gave this to me to see how it fairs on a younger skin (see above). My limited scientific knowledge and my basic common sense tells me that what must come up must come down, and nothing in a tube is going to tighten your face enough to prevent smile lines from reappearing while still allowing you to smile. Plus, a smile is much more beautiful that a tight face...and seems almost as rare. So smile and be happy you lived long enough to show the signs.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I didn't buy this product, it was given to my mom as a gift at Sephora. I tried it out myself, hehe, and this stuff is amazing!!! I could literally feel my skin tightening in seconds. When my mom (46) tried it out, her skin looked much tighter than before. Only downside is that it leaves a white residue on your face. You have to apply a minimal amount of makeup over it in order for it to be covered up. But I am definitely buying this product when I'm older. I'd say it's worth the price.

I love this line so i thought I would try this product. I often wake up with puffy, tired eyes. I have only used it for three days, but I swear my eyes look younger. I don't really like the way it feels, but I like what I see in the mirror!

His instant firmX eye temporary eye tightner works as advertised. You need to practice and use a brush to apply. His website has a video to show you aplication. I put this on before work and it lasts me all day. The instructions say not to use over an eye cream, but I have and works just fine. The difference before and after are incredible. That said, practice, practice, practice. worth every penny.

on 4/21/2013 12:52:00 PM

Absolutely terrible. Residue won't go away unless you remove all of the product. Instructions say to shake it before use but it comes in a tube and it would be as if you tried to shake toothpaste. Not possible. It dries to a white film and looks obvious. Following the instructions to a "T" didn't help. I'm taking it back and getting a refund.

on 9/14/2013 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is an interesting product. I don't have any major wrinkles or sagging issues since I'm only just about to turn 30, but I use this product occasionally for a different reason. Over the past 2 or 3 years, due to hormonal and stress issues, the texture of my skin has completely gone down the tubes. I have always had large open pores on and next to my nose, which are now beyond the point of effectively covering. Recently, some volume has left my face as well, and I've started developing nasolabial lines. I bought this product on a whim to help hide the NL folds when I wanted to look my best during an important conference for work. This product is so bizarre! I applied it to my face once it was completely dry after washing, and it became tight as a drum, in a weird, unnatural way. It looked visibly odd, but I did note that my pores became TEENY. Almost like real person pores...! As others have mentioned, the tightening effect (and texture) of this product is effected by moisture from the products you put on after it. I recently tried putting liquid sunscreen on top of this, and it became oddly powdery like others have mentioned, and I had to wash it off it was so bad. But at the conference, I used a silicone-based primer (Tarte BB primer) without much moisture to further fill my pores, and it further helped the outward appearance of the texture of my skin while retaining the tightening effect. I applied powder on top of this combination for the first few days, which didn't work very well, and on the last day I applied cream foundation, and it was great. The cream foundation is less moist than liquid, but it does affect the tightening effect a little bit. But it actually helped tone down the "alien" look you get when you first put this on. This is probably the combination I'll be using in the future when I need to look great. This isn't an everyday product for me, and obviously I'm not the intended target for this product, but I do think I like it for what I've used it for (although it's weirdly special FX-y and I wish I just had better skin :'( ). I would recommend anyone else with texture/first signs of aging issues to give it a try for special events.

This product is great! It took awhile for me to find the easiest way to apply. Simply add a little water to product & apply to your face evenly with upward motion to get a lifting look. Then if you apply Dermablend makeup with a smudge brush....I promise you will love the results!

on 3/18/2014 4:54:00 PM

This stuff would be great for someone who doesn't need to put any makeup or sunscreen or moisturizer on over top of it. If you need anything other than a bare face, forget it! As soon as you put anything on top of this, it releases it's magical tightening properties & you're back where you started, except with some white cast on your skin. Also, if you do put this on & then try to wear foundation over top, it WILL make your foundation look more pale.

I put a good layer of this on my bare skin & it worked to really tighten & smoothe, but that didn't last because I need sunscreen etc.

Popular Face Skincare Products