Acure Organics 100% USDA Moroccan Argan Oil

4.1

100% USDA Organic Argan Oil

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a big fan of argan oil for hair. I picked this up at Whole Foods and have still yet to finish the bottle. The pump bottle packaging is perfect for girls like me who prefers not to dab my fingers into the product. I like the fact that there is no odor.

I use this in my nighttime routine. It's perfectly moisturizing. I layer it over a gel hydration cream. I think for girls like me with dry skin, this is a great standby oil to always have on hand.

I JUST got this oil, while trying to find their marula oil. However, argan oil is also won't clog pores, and I figured why not--I needed some other face oil moisturizer asap. I have sensitive skin and oils seem to be MUCH less irritating, and keep me from breaking out as bad. The price is around 12.99 USD from Target here, so more pricey than a "traditional" moisturizer, but I figure if you're only using a few drops a day, it'll last longer.

I am in the middle of a breakout of mild cystic acne, so put it on last night after washing with some mild cleanser. It smells a little like black licorice, but not so much that it's gross or unpleasant. I don't even like black licorice, but it smells nice. It is a little thicker than other face oils, so there's a little bit of friction in putting it on, but it soaks in SUPER quickly. It left my skin a tiny bit oily, in a good way, and super smooth. The bottle is a pump, and so you might get a little too much sometimes, but I like it more than an open top!

This morning, I was impressed. I won't claim it's a miracle or fix all quite yet, but a lot of my acne has noticeably calmed down, and the cystic acne went from angry and painful to half-healed. I would recommend for those with sensitive, acne prone skin that know they are not allergic to argan oil or any other ingredients. I'll update this review after a week or two and see if it really is the miracle product people claim it to be!!

UPDATE: After a month or so, I've found that this is a really great product. I've barely used any of it over time and my skin has definitely been getting better. I just suggest keeping hair out of your face and away from your skin while wearing this, because it can make your forehead a bit oily if you constantly have your hair in it.

To Read all 57 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/5/2016 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have combination skin with dry patches around my chin and cheeks. I've been using argan oil on and off for years, particularly this Acure oil. There's a reason I keep coming back to it: it's a really solid moisturizer.

My skin has been incredibly dry and tight these last few months, so I decided to pick up a new bottle to give it a go again seeing as it's worked for me in the past. I use this solely at nighttime, occasionally with the Lush 'Full of Grace' serum bar. Within a few days, my skin was no longer as tight, and my dry patches disappeared!

Pros:
Hydrating
Affordable
Cruelty-free

Cons:
Packaging pumps out more than I need to cover my whole face (but pump can be easily unscrewed to dispense as you please)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Jumping on the argan oil bandwagon. This is the first I've tried. I had been wondering how it's actually different than other oils (coconut, olive, etc.) - and I found that it is, although it's hard to explain. It has a silkier texture and absorbs more easily than other oils. I've been using it in place of my usual Kiehl's moisturizer on my face and neck at night and find it a lot more soothing. I also sometimes use it in the morning under my sunscreen and it gives me a nice glow (provided I use only a drop... Any more than that and my face gets shiny). Despite using this OIL once or twice daily for a few weeks, my acne prone skin has been completely zit free. Also I swear my skin looks a little calmer and even toned. As far as other uses - I did try it on my hair but I've find that I can use only the tiniest amount (a drop or two) and only on the ends as it can make strands a little greasy. But when used correctly, holy shine! One complaint I have is... Well, I haven't smelled other argan oils but this one definitely has an off smell. It's not nutty - it's almost got a chemical like smell. Strong and not pleasant, although it's not a deal breaker. I'd rebuy.

I bought this because of the positive review on Paula's Choice and I was looking for an Argan oil to replace Josie Maran' s. It sinks into your skin and moisturizers well, but I'm worried that there could be a filler in it.
If you've heard about the false olive oil claims, you'll know where I'm coming from. The company states that it's Argan oil, but it has this chemical smell. I've read that Argan oil could have an earthly smell, but I don't think this is 'earthy.' But it's hard to say because I've heard of other brands smelling too (like the well reputed Now Foods Brand.) But why should I use this when an other non-smelly option is available. I probably will go buy the Aura Casia Argan Oil, which I tried at Whole Foods and has no off-putting smell and it is also cold pressed, vegan, cruelty free etc. I don't recommend that you buy Acure Organics Brand Argan Oil.

So in short, if Acure Organics Argan Oil is at your local Whole Foods try it and Aura Casia' s Brand. I think that you will like the latter better. Both are cheaper than Josie' s.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I use this oil on the nights I use the Paula's Choice BHA liquid, between the acid and my lotion. The BHA is pretty drying, but I'm not willing to give it up. The argan oil really helps to keep my skin from being a tight and dry desert the next day. I don't find it moisturizing enough on its own-it acts more as a boost to my regular moisturizer. Some people mix it into their moisturizer, but I like it better on its own. I feel like it sinks in better if I apply it solo and wait twenty minutes to moisturize over it.
The only real con, which really bugs me, is the pump. I just noticed that the MUA picture that accompanies these reviews is of a dropper bottle, but that is not what I have. It is a pump bottle which requires you to use a whole pump full at a time. It's not a ridiculous amount or anything, probably just a touch more than I would like to use for a full face. It's just inconvenient if I want to use a bit for my cuticles or ends of my hair. I would love a dropper to have more control over the amount dispensed.

on 3/20/2016 8:46:00 PM

This wasn't anything special for my skin-Rosacea/sensitive. I would add this to my cleanser or dab around my eyes. This oil may be causing small clogs- I will take a pass! If you have dry skin that doesn't break out- you may like this! I didn't find this oil absorbing into the skin. I feel Vaseline worked better to hydrate!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Tried this oil for my face and it actually caused a horrible breakout. However, everyone's skin type is different so what may not work for me may work for you. I found coconut oil works wonders on my face, but some people breakout badly to it. So it just depends.

I didn't want to throw it away so I tried applying a tiny amount on the ends of my hair to see if will help with hydration... Horrible mistake... My hair became disgustingly greasy and I only used a super tiny amount.

Then I tried to use a tiny amount as a body moisturizer, another horrible mistake... I was a grease ball.

Also, this type of oil should be stored in a dark colored bottle. However, I did read somewhere it is UV "etched" inside... But not sure if that's true.

Try at your own risk. I recommend trying a tiny amount at first.

Only positive, the price point.

I say stick to coconut oil...

on 1/27/2016 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

As usual, tricky labeling laws means consumer misery.
Is this 100% usda argan oil or 100% *argan* oil or what? I mean, I once bought aloe gel which had '100% gel' label on it. I assumed that means all aloe gel, but aparently that was not the case! Same thing here.....this argan oil seems to have some filler oil. It also smells awful and honestly, I did not see much difference in skin quality after using this.
It did work for the hair split ends, to soften the ends, but rose hip seed oil works better. I have also had better luck with the Andalou Naturals oils, Aura Cacia oils and EvanHealy oil serums than this oil

Also after reading about how Argan oil is extracted, I am kind of put off by Argan oil.
Probably 2014 was the year of argan.....hehe 😉😺

on 1/16/2016 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

True rating: 3.5/5

I bought this argan oil to replace Josie Maran's as I am on a budget. My skin is oily combo and acne prone but since I've been on Retin A, my skin is dry and peeling. I would put this argan oil on, and it would sink right into my skin without leaving an oily sheen like other discount argan oil brands that I've tried.

However it didn't do much for my peeling skin/dry skin. I didn't know if I was overdoing the Retin A during the winter months or this argan oil just wasn't as good as Josie Maran's. I still had a bit of the light version of Josie's oil, I put it on my dry patches overnight. Josie's argan oil took care of 80% of the dry patches. With continued use Josie's version healed my peeling patches of skin. The Acure oil moisturized it, but the patches would still peel throughout the day.

So overall if your skin is normal or oily combo or moderately dry I think this oil would be for you. If you have peeling skin from Retin A, I don't think this would be as effective as Josie's. I would still repurchase the Acure oil as it is effective for my hair, cuticles, and when my skin isn't peeling from Retin A. You also cannot beat the price for the high quality!

I also took another lippie off because it comes with a pump dispenser that doesn't allow you to control how much you pump out. My pump also broke soon after I bought it and a bit of oil leaks out of the twist portion.