Acure Organics 100% USDA Moroccan Argan Oil

Acure Organics 100% USDA Moroccan Argan Oil

4.1

100% USDA Organic Argan Oil

This is my first time using any kind of oil on my face. I was having issues with my makeup looking flaky\dry after a few hours. I started exfoliating in the morning along with this before putting on my primer and the results have been exactly what I was hoping for. I’ve only been using this for a week and I can feel a definite difference in the texture of my skin. It’s feels much softer and smoother. Stays hydrated throughout the day. I pump two drops into my hand, rub them together then smooth it all over my face and neck. It drys quickly. Nothing oily about it. I get the occasional breakout, and although I just started using it, I feel that won’t be an issue. When I started using it, it was that time of the month and I already had a zit brewing on my chin...it did not cause any complications. I found it by chance really. I was at Marshall’s looking through all there skincare and came across this and a few others. I looked up the reviews to decide. It was only 5.99 at Marshall’s so I really got a great deal. I think I’m gonna go back and get more while they still have some available. I had been thinking about ordering Josie moran’s Brand from QVC, but i’m So glad I waited. I’ll update this after I’ve been using it for awhile. If your thinking about buying this, I say go for it, because even if you can’t find it at a 5.99 steal, it still is a reasonably priced argan oil.

on 1/2/2018 9:28:00 AM

I tried this yesterday and this made me breakout and patchy. I have like 4 big zits on my chin now and flaky skin. I have not used any other products for months and these new developments are definitely due to the argan oil. I have very dry and sensitive skin

on 11/4/2017 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm a face oil junkie, my skin is prone to dryness and oils are a must have. Acure is the fifth facial oil I have tried and the third Argan oil I have used. I had been using Josie Maran Argan oil most recently, and while JM is nice I needed to reign in my beauty budget. This is super inexpensive, I bought mine online for less than $10USD, making it about a fifth of the cost of Josies. Surprisingly nice packaging for a budget product. The outer box is lovely and looks luxe, but the real winner is the pump bottle. Yes, no pipette/dropper. The Acure Argan Oil has a nice lightweight feel, and actually absorbs into my skin quicker than other brands. I haven't had any issue with clogged pores or acne from this. A definite winner on all points, and will repurchase.

on 9/25/2017 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have bought this multiple times. When I first tried argan oil, I bought a different organic brand and it had a strong odor. Not sure if it was just the batch, but I have never had a bottle of Acure argan with a strong odor. It's a little heavy for me under makeup, but I use it mainly on nights I apply my Px tretinoin. I avoid putting the Px on my eyelids and neck and after applying the Px everywhere else on my face, without washing off what may be left on my hands, I rub one drop of the Acure into my hands and apply to my eyelids and neck. Hopefully the mix of the Px residue and the argan oil or doing a little something for the most sensitive areas I want to treat.

I have sensitive and rosacea skin. Although this oil seems to work the first few days I used it, I started to get 2 pimples popping out on my chin area and also one on my forehead. Sigh. Thought I had found an organic face oil that will work for me. Now I'm using it as a hair oil to reduce the frizz. I found on the hair just one small drop is enough, or it'll be too greasy. Will not repurchase.

Argan oil is probably the most versatile and natural product you can use in your beauty routine. I initially bought it to moisturize my hair, since I don't like all the additives in conditioners, but since then I've found plenty of other uses for it. Though it certainly isn't great for everything or everyone, here are some really cool things I've found you can do with it:

Hair: I like to rub two pumps of oil between my palms, then run my hands through my wet hair right after I've gotten out of the shower, starting at my ends. I disperse it as well as I can with my fingers, then gently use a fine-tooth comb to really spread it out. This prevents it from looking oily– if you apply it to dry hair and try to work it through, it can't disperse and therefore makes your hair limp & heavy. If I want to really soak in the oil, I'll blow dry my hair after I apply, but that isn't totally necessary. For reference, my hair is about mid-back length, about 20 inches and about medium thickness and density. If you have shorter or finer hair, definitely use less oil, or you'll feel weighed down.

Facial serum: Since I have oily skin, I have mixed feelings about using argan oil as a moisturizer. During the cold winter months when my face was very dry, I definitely found it useful as a night serum, but since the weather has warmed up I find it to be too heavy. Never do I use it in the daytime, because it never fully absorbs into my skin so I always feel a little greasy. I've heard some anecdotal evidence that argan oil can actually reduce oil production, but for me that hasn't been the case. Even though I find it to be a little heavy, it's never clogged my pores or broke me out, and I have very acne-prone skin. So definitely rest assured that you're not going to have crazy breakouts if your skin is sensitive.

Shave oil: Again, I try to use natural products whenever possible, so that means I try to avoid using synthetic lotions and such. I've found argan oil is a super great replacement, if not better than what I used to use. After I get out of the shower, I apply a tiny drop to my underarms and bikini area, and about one pump's worth to each leg. Sometimes I find that it doesn't soak all the way in, but it is SO moisturizing and does an amazing job of keeping razor bumps away. I highly recommend argan oil for this purpose.

I love Acure's products for being organic and having sustainable practices, as well as their fair trade initiatives and stance against animal cruelty. Ethically, this is a great brand to buy. Of course, those sorts of programs are expensive; nonetheless, I always cringe a little when I grab a $14 one-ounce bottle of this stuff off the shelf. My only other gripe about this product is that it comes in a bottle with a pump, and one pump is usually way more than I need. I wish I could find a bottle that had a dropper like the one pictured here, because the pump just causes me to waste product, which is so frustrating with how expensive this stuff is.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This product is my absolute favorite moisturizer for my sensitive, oily skin. It leaves my face feeling like silk and doesn't cause clogged pores or breakouts. I have the Citrus Ginger version of Acure's argan oil, and it smells heavenly. (It also comes in Rose and Coconut versions, if those scents are more up your alley.) I find that a small amount of this product goes a very long way, which makes the price even more reasonable. This can be purchased in multiple places online and in-store. I bought mine at a health food store, which would be a good place to look if you don't wish to make a purchase online and possibly pay shipping fees. The bottle I have is made of glass and comes with a pump rather than a dropper. I find that it dispenses the perfect amount for my purposes of moisturizing my face in the evening. Of course, I feel that I should mention that Acure does make this product without an added scent, if you are not interested in argan oil with additional ingredients and prefer it plain.

on 10/14/2016 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love this oil. I have to be careful about what oils I use on my sensitive, active, acneic skin, but this is my second favorite facial oil (Fresh Seaberry is my fave!). I doesn't aggravate breakouts, absorbs quickly, no fragrance, pure and organic and a good price. I don't use it on my whole face, just in dryer areas and around my eyes, and on the edges and ends of my hair. I love the glass jar. My only issue is that the pump dispense too much oil; a little goes a long way.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a big fan of argan oil for hair. I picked this up at Whole Foods and have still yet to finish the bottle. The pump bottle packaging is perfect for girls like me who prefers not to dab my fingers into the product. I like the fact that there is no odor.

I use this in my nighttime routine. It's perfectly moisturizing. I layer it over a gel hydration cream. I think for girls like me with dry skin, this is a great standby oil to always have on hand.

I JUST got this oil, while trying to find their marula oil. However, argan oil is also won't clog pores, and I figured why not--I needed some other face oil moisturizer asap. I have sensitive skin and oils seem to be MUCH less irritating, and keep me from breaking out as bad. The price is around 12.99 USD from Target here, so more pricey than a "traditional" moisturizer, but I figure if you're only using a few drops a day, it'll last longer.

I am in the middle of a breakout of mild cystic acne, so put it on last night after washing with some mild cleanser. It smells a little like black licorice, but not so much that it's gross or unpleasant. I don't even like black licorice, but it smells nice. It is a little thicker than other face oils, so there's a little bit of friction in putting it on, but it soaks in SUPER quickly. It left my skin a tiny bit oily, in a good way, and super smooth. The bottle is a pump, and so you might get a little too much sometimes, but I like it more than an open top!

This morning, I was impressed. I won't claim it's a miracle or fix all quite yet, but a lot of my acne has noticeably calmed down, and the cystic acne went from angry and painful to half-healed. I would recommend for those with sensitive, acne prone skin that know they are not allergic to argan oil or any other ingredients. I'll update this review after a week or two and see if it really is the miracle product people claim it to be!!

UPDATE: After a month or so, I've found that this is a really great product. I've barely used any of it over time and my skin has definitely been getting better. I just suggest keeping hair out of your face and away from your skin while wearing this, because it can make your forehead a bit oily if you constantly have your hair in it.