Acure Organics 100% USDA Moroccan Argan Oil

Acure Organics 100% USDA Moroccan Argan Oil

4.1

100% USDA Organic Argan Oil

Argan oil is probably the most versatile and natural product you can use in your beauty routine. I initially bought it to moisturize my hair, since I don't like all the additives in conditioners, but since then I've found plenty of other uses for it. Though it certainly isn't great for everything or everyone, here are some really cool things I've found you can do with it:

Hair: I like to rub two pumps of oil between my palms, then run my hands through my wet hair right after I've gotten out of the shower, starting at my ends. I disperse it as well as I can with my fingers, then gently use a fine-tooth comb to really spread it out. This prevents it from looking oily– if you apply it to dry hair and try to work it through, it can't disperse and therefore makes your hair limp & heavy. If I want to really soak in the oil, I'll blow dry my hair after I apply, but that isn't totally necessary. For reference, my hair is about mid-back length, about 20 inches and about medium thickness and density. If you have shorter or finer hair, definitely use less oil, or you'll feel weighed down.

Facial serum: Since I have oily skin, I have mixed feelings about using argan oil as a moisturizer. During the cold winter months when my face was very dry, I definitely found it useful as a night serum, but since the weather has warmed up I find it to be too heavy. Never do I use it in the daytime, because it never fully absorbs into my skin so I always feel a little greasy. I've heard some anecdotal evidence that argan oil can actually reduce oil production, but for me that hasn't been the case. Even though I find it to be a little heavy, it's never clogged my pores or broke me out, and I have very acne-prone skin. So definitely rest assured that you're not going to have crazy breakouts if your skin is sensitive.

Shave oil: Again, I try to use natural products whenever possible, so that means I try to avoid using synthetic lotions and such. I've found argan oil is a super great replacement, if not better than what I used to use. After I get out of the shower, I apply a tiny drop to my underarms and bikini area, and about one pump's worth to each leg. Sometimes I find that it doesn't soak all the way in, but it is SO moisturizing and does an amazing job of keeping razor bumps away. I highly recommend argan oil for this purpose.

I love Acure's products for being organic and having sustainable practices, as well as their fair trade initiatives and stance against animal cruelty. Ethically, this is a great brand to buy. Of course, those sorts of programs are expensive; nonetheless, I always cringe a little when I grab a $14 one-ounce bottle of this stuff off the shelf. My only other gripe about this product is that it comes in a bottle with a pump, and one pump is usually way more than I need. I wish I could find a bottle that had a dropper like the one pictured here, because the pump just causes me to waste product, which is so frustrating with how expensive this stuff is.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This product is my absolute favorite moisturizer for my sensitive, oily skin. It leaves my face feeling like silk and doesn't cause clogged pores or breakouts. I have the Citrus Ginger version of Acure's argan oil, and it smells heavenly. (It also comes in Rose and Coconut versions, if those scents are more up your alley.) I find that a small amount of this product goes a very long way, which makes the price even more reasonable. This can be purchased in multiple places online and in-store. I bought mine at a health food store, which would be a good place to look if you don't wish to make a purchase online and possibly pay shipping fees. The bottle I have is made of glass and comes with a pump rather than a dropper. I find that it dispenses the perfect amount for my purposes of moisturizing my face in the evening. Of course, I feel that I should mention that Acure does make this product without an added scent, if you are not interested in argan oil with additional ingredients and prefer it plain.

on 10/14/2016 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love this oil. I have to be careful about what oils I use on my sensitive, active, acneic skin, but this is my second favorite facial oil (Fresh Seaberry is my fave!). I doesn't aggravate breakouts, absorbs quickly, no fragrance, pure and organic and a good price. I don't use it on my whole face, just in dryer areas and around my eyes, and on the edges and ends of my hair. I love the glass jar. My only issue is that the pump dispense too much oil; a little goes a long way.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a big fan of argan oil for hair. I picked this up at Whole Foods and have still yet to finish the bottle. The pump bottle packaging is perfect for girls like me who prefers not to dab my fingers into the product. I like the fact that there is no odor.

I use this in my nighttime routine. It's perfectly moisturizing. I layer it over a gel hydration cream. I think for girls like me with dry skin, this is a great standby oil to always have on hand.

I JUST got this oil, while trying to find their marula oil. However, argan oil is also won't clog pores, and I figured why not--I needed some other face oil moisturizer asap. I have sensitive skin and oils seem to be MUCH less irritating, and keep me from breaking out as bad. The price is around 12.99 USD from Target here, so more pricey than a "traditional" moisturizer, but I figure if you're only using a few drops a day, it'll last longer.

I am in the middle of a breakout of mild cystic acne, so put it on last night after washing with some mild cleanser. It smells a little like black licorice, but not so much that it's gross or unpleasant. I don't even like black licorice, but it smells nice. It is a little thicker than other face oils, so there's a little bit of friction in putting it on, but it soaks in SUPER quickly. It left my skin a tiny bit oily, in a good way, and super smooth. The bottle is a pump, and so you might get a little too much sometimes, but I like it more than an open top!

This morning, I was impressed. I won't claim it's a miracle or fix all quite yet, but a lot of my acne has noticeably calmed down, and the cystic acne went from angry and painful to half-healed. I would recommend for those with sensitive, acne prone skin that know they are not allergic to argan oil or any other ingredients. I'll update this review after a week or two and see if it really is the miracle product people claim it to be!!

UPDATE: After a month or so, I've found that this is a really great product. I've barely used any of it over time and my skin has definitely been getting better. I just suggest keeping hair out of your face and away from your skin while wearing this, because it can make your forehead a bit oily if you constantly have your hair in it.

on 5/5/2016 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have combination skin with dry patches around my chin and cheeks. I've been using argan oil on and off for years, particularly this Acure oil. There's a reason I keep coming back to it: it's a really solid moisturizer.

My skin has been incredibly dry and tight these last few months, so I decided to pick up a new bottle to give it a go again seeing as it's worked for me in the past. I use this solely at nighttime, occasionally with the Lush 'Full of Grace' serum bar. Within a few days, my skin was no longer as tight, and my dry patches disappeared!

Pros:
Hydrating
Affordable
Cruelty-free

Cons:
Packaging pumps out more than I need to cover my whole face (but pump can be easily unscrewed to dispense as you please)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Jumping on the argan oil bandwagon. This is the first I've tried. I had been wondering how it's actually different than other oils (coconut, olive, etc.) - and I found that it is, although it's hard to explain. It has a silkier texture and absorbs more easily than other oils. I've been using it in place of my usual Kiehl's moisturizer on my face and neck at night and find it a lot more soothing. I also sometimes use it in the morning under my sunscreen and it gives me a nice glow (provided I use only a drop... Any more than that and my face gets shiny). Despite using this OIL once or twice daily for a few weeks, my acne prone skin has been completely zit free. Also I swear my skin looks a little calmer and even toned. As far as other uses - I did try it on my hair but I've find that I can use only the tiniest amount (a drop or two) and only on the ends as it can make strands a little greasy. But when used correctly, holy shine! One complaint I have is... Well, I haven't smelled other argan oils but this one definitely has an off smell. It's not nutty - it's almost got a chemical like smell. Strong and not pleasant, although it's not a deal breaker. I'd rebuy.

I bought this because of the positive review on Paula's Choice and I was looking for an Argan oil to replace Josie Maran' s. It sinks into your skin and moisturizers well, but I'm worried that there could be a filler in it.
If you've heard about the false olive oil claims, you'll know where I'm coming from. The company states that it's Argan oil, but it has this chemical smell. I've read that Argan oil could have an earthly smell, but I don't think this is 'earthy.' But it's hard to say because I've heard of other brands smelling too (like the well reputed Now Foods Brand.) But why should I use this when an other non-smelly option is available. I probably will go buy the Aura Casia Argan Oil, which I tried at Whole Foods and has no off-putting smell and it is also cold pressed, vegan, cruelty free etc. I don't recommend that you buy Acure Organics Brand Argan Oil.

So in short, if Acure Organics Argan Oil is at your local Whole Foods try it and Aura Casia' s Brand. I think that you will like the latter better. Both are cheaper than Josie' s.

UPDATE:
For some reason I am allergic to this oil but not Josie Maran's Argan oil.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I use this oil on the nights I use the Paula's Choice BHA liquid, between the acid and my lotion. The BHA is pretty drying, but I'm not willing to give it up. The argan oil really helps to keep my skin from being a tight and dry desert the next day. I don't find it moisturizing enough on its own-it acts more as a boost to my regular moisturizer. Some people mix it into their moisturizer, but I like it better on its own. I feel like it sinks in better if I apply it solo and wait twenty minutes to moisturize over it.
The only real con, which really bugs me, is the pump. I just noticed that the MUA picture that accompanies these reviews is of a dropper bottle, but that is not what I have. It is a pump bottle which requires you to use a whole pump full at a time. It's not a ridiculous amount or anything, probably just a touch more than I would like to use for a full face. It's just inconvenient if I want to use a bit for my cuticles or ends of my hair. I would love a dropper to have more control over the amount dispensed.

on 3/20/2016 8:46:00 PM

This wasn't anything special for my skin-Rosacea/sensitive. I would add this to my cleanser or dab around my eyes. This oil may be causing small clogs- I will take a pass! If you have dry skin that doesn't break out- you may like this! I didn't find this oil absorbing into the skin. I feel Vaseline worked better to hydrate!