Garnier Pure-Clean

Garnier Pure-Clean
Pure-Clean

2.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After seeing all the bad reviews, I guess my hair isn't normal. I have oily color treated hair. This product left my hair feeling soft, bouncy and felt clean all day.

I've been using this shampoo for a couple of weeks now, and though i like the way my hair dries and falls after washing with this, my scalp has been extremely itchy for the past few days and i will have to buy a new shampoo :(

on 5/4/2016 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I bought this for my 7 year old daughter b/c it smelled so good and was looking for a shampoo to clean the styling product grime out of her hair. Then I decided to try and I love it! It cleans my hair really well, but leaves my hair soft and manageable. The smell lingers throughout the day and I am amazed at how well this shampoo works compared to my expensive brands. I even love it over other Garnier Fructus shampoos and conditioners! As some of the other ones were too heavy and weighed my hair down.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried this product in the past and I forgot why I didn't buy it again. My husband picked up some of this shampoo and conditioner 3 days ago and all of my memories came rushing back as to why I don't buy this stuff. I don't know what's it this, since it's free from silicone and the like, but this stuff leaves a major film in your hair. Initially I thought it was just the conditioner, I have fine hair so if a conditioner is too heavy I know about it. I washed my hair again this morning, just the shampoo this time, and while washing it felt grear. Once my hair was drying though, it started to get stocky feeling. Right now as I'm sitting here my hair at the back and on the ends is tacky feeling. When I had used the shampoo and conditioner together, my hair was actually greasy. Like really greasy, it felt like there was wax on my neck (my hair is in a short Bob cropped up higher in the back). This isn't the sort of thing that you use and wait a couple weeks, this stuff makes my hair greasy consistently. I think the last time I had the bottle I used it for a week and then my toddler dumped it out down the shower drain. I wasn't sad to see it go is all I'm saying. I will be using my Neutrogena clarifying shampoo to strip out rhis stuff and hopefully I can find a good shampoo and conditioner for regular use.

I just used this shampoo for the first time, allured by the lack of toxic ingredients. Im not a chemistry expert, i wish i knew what was in this shampoo that gave me the reaction it did so i never ever use it again. After trying to blow dry my hair for a half an hour, (it was unusually a long time to dry for me) it looked as if i poured greasy oily pomade wax and coated my hair from root to end. I thought i was tired and imagining it, and tried to sleep, and had to force myself up to re-wash my hair with other shampoo i had. This shouldn't be allowed to sell to people.

on 11/16/2015 1:46:00 AM

I ran out of my usual shampoo, Rene Furterers Karite, and I borrowed some of my mom's. Big mistake. As soon as I washed it out, I could tell my hair was a clump of wet hay. I'm a deeeep conditioner kinda gal anyways, but I threw on three different types of conditioner just to be safe. As we speak, I have a mask on my head, which I'm going to leave on for at least two hours. I've never had my hair feel this bad after a shampoo. Read the label, and it has AMMONIUM LAURYL SULFATE as the second ingredient. I didn't even think any company still used that! Avoid like the plague!!!!!

on 8/2/2015 5:29:00 PM

Luckily, It wasn't I who bought this product. It smells good, its better for the environment, however it dried my hair out so badly.Instantly after I washed it out my hair felt dry and rough. However, it does get the hair clean.

on 7/15/2015 6:29:00 AM

This shampoo makes my hair feel like itb has been covered in wax. Its flat and heavy and just nit appealing at all. Not happy with this product at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not sure why this has such awful reviews! I love this stuff! This is a great clarifying shampoo that removes buildup but doesn't dry out my hair. It creates a rich, thick lather and doesn't leave my hair tangled or dry, just perfectly clean. My hair gets greasy very easily and I find that this keeps it clean and oil free for a lot longer than any other shampoo. This is the perfect balance of a shampoo between clean but not stripped. I have color-treated hair and this did not fade my color. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a good clarifying shampoo.

on 4/27/2015 3:41:00 PM

Glad they went all more natural and all..but this is a terrible product. At first i thought i loved it,the smell the lift in my hair...but not even twelve hours later it feels gucky...gross..can barely run my fingers through it. Very disapointed.