3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

I found this colour at Dollarama for 3$. I got excited because normally, these are expensive! The nailpolish is a pretty orange colour in the bottle. The formula is super thin, liquidy and streaky. The colour is super transparent, once applied. Its kind of gross. It gets about right after about 3 or 4 coats, which seems like a lot to me. Its super shiny and the colour does not contrast well. It takes like a minute to dry which is a good thing. It also smells really strong and cheap. No wonder it was in dollarama, lol. It was probably discountinued. Im just going to mix it with some glitter and use it as a topcoat or something, lol.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive

HairBrown

3.0

6 years ago

I bought this knowing it was translucent, and it certainly is. If you're expecting a creme, you'll be disappointed. This is from OPI's 2011 "Texas" collection, and it's what OPI are calling a "sorbet" (their name for a translucent jelly formula), and it's actually designed and intended to be sheer-to-translucent. Formula is thin (not surprising, given how sheer this is), and can be difficult to manage. One coat gives some colour coverage, though it is very sheer, and with this shade, it's kinda weird looking, to be honest. A second coat deepens the colour and increases the opacity a bit, though the nail line is still visible. I prefer the look of this polish with three coats, which gives you just about the maximum colour and opacity that you're likely to get, though even that is not fully opaque. The surface is extraordinarily shiny and smooth, just amazing gloss. This particular colour is a somewhat bright, tangerine orange, and while I like it, it's probably my least favourite of the colours in this collection. It does remind me of orange lollipops, but the depth of colour is not as rich or impressive as some of the other "sorbet" polishes by OPI. This polish is absolutely perfect for doing a glitter jelly sandwich, and it's brilliant for a syrup manicure, due to the translucent quality of the polish. So, basically, if you want an opaque polish, this is not going to be a polish you like or want. If, on the other hand, you love the look of a translucent jelly and you like orange, you'll probably enjoy this one.

About reviewer (301 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairGrey, Wavy, Other

EyesHazel

8 years ago

LOVE this colour! I only gave 4/5 lippies because it is so sheer i have to use 3-4 coats to get it close to the bottle colour. It is a beautiful bright matte orange that looks fantastic on both fingers and toes! Will definitely re-purchase.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

8 years ago

What a disappointment! There are much better orange nail polishes out there. This polish is super sheer and watery. I normally love OPI polishes, but this one has to the be the worse one I've ever tried. The colour looks gorgeous from the bottle but you will be disappointed once applied. Took three coats to get decent pigmentation, I probably could have used a forth coat. Who has time to apply 4 coats of polish?? Save your money, don't buy this colour!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

8 years ago

Beautiful color....but with this polish comes the need for great patience. It takes me about 5 coats to become entirely opaque! I could stop at 3, but then the tip of my nail where it's naturally white still peaks through, and I don't find that attractive at all. It's a stunning sherbet orange color, but I rarely use it because of the time and energy it takes between coats and to wait for each coat to dry. And maybe I wouldn't be so hard on the polish if it was just a couple dollars at the drugstore, but I don't exactly consider OPI extremely cheap. For $8.00, I think the polish should have a good opacity, not just a pretty color.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

I was in need of a good orange nail polish for summer and this one caught my eye - bright and juicy. I loved the glossy, jelly finish of the polish but I hated the sheerness of it. I put on 3 coats and the whites of my nails could still be seen (which I really dislike). It lasted a few days without any wear and I did not have any problems with staining but I wish that this colour had more pigmentation and went on as bright as it looks in the bottle.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

I LOVE IT ! It's the prettiest super glossy gel-like orange polish I have ever seen ! As opposed to other reviewers here I found it very easy to apply ! Dires fast,lasts long and looks simply stunning ! Go give it a try ! <3

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

from

9 years ago

oh my gosh - what a hassle to apply. it's of a watery consistance - you need several coats before it gets opaque (and we're talking here about more then three coats). for the money I expect higher quality. only buy it if you really, really love the colour and can't live without it and have a lot of patience... oh, and don't forget to wear a top coat (chips easily). so one point for the really unique colour... edit!!!... it left my nails with an ugly orange stain!!! stay away

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

from

9 years ago

Can I give this a (-5) negative 5 lippie please?! Seriously the WORST (OPI) polish I have come by. Even with a base coat, this polish left my nails STAINED YELLOW ORANGE. I had used 3 coats (because it's so sheer looking with one coat) on top of a base and wore the shade for two days (it looked boring). When I took it off, my nails were stained. I thought nothing of it, since the green polish from the texas collection (same collection) changed my actual nail color as well. Only thing is, the green color came off after using lemon and baking soda. This orange shade however, DID NOT COME OFF! I have searched online and have tried EVERY remedy to remove the color. I have gone to two salons and they could not remove the color. It has been OVER A MONTH and the TIPS of my nails are still light yellow! It looks like I have some sort of disorder! My friend used the polish on one of her nails and the same thing has happened to her! I love OPI polishes, but I highly recommend to stay far far away from this color. I will not try out any of the other Texas polishes, since this is the second (of 2 tried) that have stained my nails!

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

9 years ago

I am a huge fan of OPI nail polishes and love this colour but what really lets it down for me is the sheerness. To get a strong opaque colour you'de need about 4 coats minimum.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinDry, Dark