Hard Candy Lash Ink - 4 Day Lash Stain

Hard Candy Lash Ink - 4 Day Lash Stain

2.6

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For those of you who are debating on buying this product because of negative reviews I am telling you to buy it. I believe the negative reviews are because of the assumption that this is a mascara. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT FOR THE INTENDED USE OF MASCARA. This is a lash stain so it coats your lashes a very very dark black and stays there for days. That's it. That's all it is intended for and that is all it will do. However, if you curl your lashes prior to application you can have black, curled, and separated lashes for 1-4 days. The longevity depends on the oil production of your skin but it will last a very long time. This stain has no smudging, or transfer and will stay the exact way that it looks after you apply it so DO curl your lashes. This product is amazing for the beach or pool because no matter how much you rub it will not come off or run down your eyes. Even coconut oil will not lift the stain from your lashes immediately. ITS GREAT. If you are very big on the texture of your lashes you might get annoyed with this stain because of the stiffness that is makes your lashes. I don't find it uncomfortable though and I honestly forget about it. If you are looking for volume or length then use this as a topcoat for your favorite mascara. It will make its wearing time double. It's not as strong as the product on its own though so it's slightly more flexible with coming off when you use it to layer but it will turn any mascara waterproof and smudge resistant. I hope you guys love this stain as much as I do!

**for anyone who is worried about your lashes falling out. I have not noticed any lashes falling out or being damaged. To avoid the loss of lashes do not scrub at your eye when trying to remove, gently lay an oil based makeup remover over your lashes for 4-5 seconds and wipe down. Repeat until unnecessary.

on 5/17/2016 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased the lash ink, thinking what a great concept this product was. I have / had very healthy long lashes. The ink made perfect sense with my busy schedule, no need to use daily mascara. It did not give much difference in look othe then the darkening, it was a texture more like a glue and very blotchy, made a mess when applying but that was fine as that is basically all I use the mascara for was the darkening , a bit more color and depth.
By day two, to my horror I noticed my lashes cracking off, not just a lash here or there but clumps. I attempted to use makeup remover, oil, moisturizer even alcohol in hopes to remove the stain with no success.I am sad to say my once natural, long lashes are no more. I am left with very few reg length lashes, the rest are cracked off to the roots, I have hardly any lashes left on my eyes. I am angry, I read all these positive reviews, I now wonder where these actual reviews come from? This was not a reaction due to allergies or any issue of mine, It did not irritated my eyes, I was very content with the product until day two when they started to crack off.

To Read all 67 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/26/2015 1:47:00 PM

I didn't like this at all. Knowing it's marketed as ink, I expected it to be thin; however, it's liquid. It splashed all over my face and I had to remove it immediately. I tried blotting the comb/wand and starting again - it was almost worse. It definitely didn't give my lashes any definition, and I think the wand design is too poor to even get every lash. I would definitely not purchase this again. It sounds like there is some potential, but definitely not for me.

on 11/14/2015 11:29:00 AM

I have never written a bad review and this will be my first. This mascara is the worst mascara i have ever used in my life. It is true to its word and will stay on the lashes for 4 days. However when the mascara comes off it will take most of your eyelashes with it. The texture of the mascara is sticky and will clump all the lashes into what looks like 3 or 4 lashes. The morning after i woke up my eyelids were clumped together because the mascara kind of glued the top and bottom lashes together. This stuff is terrible and should be banned!

on 10/30/2015 8:58:00 AM

The key to making this mascara work is to realize that it is a stain and nothing more. A thin coat enhances the lash color and once dry will last and last. Trying to build up for length or volume will result in bad results.
It is also great for a thin coat over other mascaras because it is the blackest black mascara on the market.
Less is more with this mascara, one thin coat for enhancement. Put it on and forget about it, I love this stuff.

on 10/5/2015 1:36:00 PM

I tried this lash stain a while back. I didn't care for it as a mascara, but it did leave a nice stain of color on my lashes after washing it off, for a 1-2 days after I wore it. I'm slightly concerned that people think that this mascara is meant to be worn for 4 days at a time, lol! It's more supposed to be a temporary dye for your lashes, the color depositing during your normal wear time & staying behind after you wash it off. (Much like those temporary hair dyes.)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm torn on this mascara. On one hand, it is the ONLY mascara I've ever tried that doesn't smudge AT ALL. Every other mascara, even waterproof formulas, have all left at least faint dark smudges on my lower lids by the end of the day or night. With this mascara, my eye makeup stays pristine for any length of time. It's also super deep black, which I love, and gives great length. It's really amazing for nights out.

However, the formula never really dries. It stays sticky. So if I touch my eyes, my lashes clump together. It's impossible to wear this for 4 days, because by the next day, my lashes are so stuck together. If any water gets on your eyes, it's even worse, so unless you don't wash your face for 4 days, you have to take the mascara off and reapply. Combing your stuck-together lashes apart is difficult, because the formula is so sticky, I feel like I'm going to pull out my lashes. I actually did lose three all in a row the other day, so now I have a noticeable gap in my lash line.

While I'll keep the tube around for party makeup, I'll still be searching for my perfect no-smudge, no-clump mascara. I don't think I'd repurchase this one.

on 10/2/2015 3:04:00 PM

I was looking for a replacement for a lash stain that was out a few years back. This isn't a comparable replacement and I basically did not like this one at all. As far as 4 day lash stain...no, it doesn't stay on for 4 days. The texture was crusty and gloppy as well. I will not be buying this again.

on 7/29/2015 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I looooooove this mascara to death ! Combine with the Covergirl Lashblast Volume mascara in the waterproof formulation, this is my absolute fave mascara. I don't know what is wrong with my lashes but every other mascara on the market either smudge or flake , and I'm not even joking I've tried from high end mascara to drugstore ones and neither does the trick. With this mascara you have to be careful because the brush doesn't really have bristle so it's easy to get clumpy lashes, that's why when I apply it, I use instead the brush that came with the Rimmel Scandaleyes one. It's super waterproof, but can easily come off with a regular make up remover, it really lengthen my lashes and give me great volume that last all day long ! It's a must in my every day make up for sure

on 6/17/2015 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually like hard candy's products but this was a complete dud for me...i bought it thinking it would stain my eyelashes black and keep them black for a few days and i was super stoked about it bc i have white blonde hair that i color black....lol i know your saying whyyy??? But i never liked my white hair...so my eyelashes are a light brown color so when i have no makeup on they can be hard to see and i wanted my eyelashes to match my hair..well this was a disaster...i applied one coat and did darken my lashes alot and i liked that part but thats about where it ended when i applied foundation the stain ran and ended up under my eyes and when i got into the shower holy cow i had this stuff all over my face and it was pretty hard getting it off my face and it all washed off my eyelashes...i tried it again this time applying a few coats...nope same thing happened expect i had spider lashes this time from it clumping up...as of now i feel like this product is horrible but im gonna give it one last go im gonna do some research on this product and see if theres some learning curve to it that im not doing...if i can get it to work ill update my review..oh i got the color ink black