Paula's Choice Shine Stopper Instant Matte Finish

Paula's Choice Shine Stopper Instant Matte Finish

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG-100 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Glyceryl Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Ceteareth-20, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 6/20/2016 6:52:00 PM

Okay, so I just put this product to the test. I have extremely oily skin during the summer. I was mainly outside in 95 degree, sweaty humid weather, and I didn't look like an oil slick - I still was a little oily on my hairline area, but honestly I don't think I put any on that area or enough of the product. T-zone and cheeks were slightly dewy! I didn't think it would really work because the consistency is kind of creamy like a moisturizer and dries to a semi matte finish, which from my experience is an indicator that my oils will seep right through. This stuff works, simply put. I got mine from the Paula's Choice website with a discount code from one of the reviewers here - I am NOT a paid reviewer or sponsored by anything. I wrote this review on my own accord without influence because this is such a great product.

on 6/7/2016 8:18:00 AM

Oh my goodness I love this product so much. I have very oily skin and don't really like using matte foundations, I find that they tend to be dry, hard to blend, and look incredibly fake on my skin. Therefore, I tend to lean more towards lighter formulas. Unfortunately, these also tend to get oilier on me towards the end of the day. This is where this primer comes in. It makes my skin very smooth for applying foundation and my skin is oil free even at the end of a long day of running around. Sometimes I use this without even putting foundation on afterwards, it just feels and looks so good.

The trick is in applying it. I put a pea sized amount in my hand and smooth it all over my face. After, I pat down whatever is left around my oilier regions such as my nose and forehead. If you want 10$, just use this code: https://goo.gl/bdPnHX

To Read all 59 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/30/2016 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I CAN´T BELIEVE I FOUND THE A STOP FOR MY EXTREMELY OILY FACE! THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS WORK FOR ME!
I AM PISSED THIS IS SO UNDERRATED!!! HOW CAN ANYONE IS TALKING ABOUT THIS PRIMER!!!!!

I'VE TRIED PRIMERS LIKE
SMASHBOX ANTI BLEMISH,
RIMMEL STAY MATTE,
REVLON PRIMER,
MAC OIL CONTROL LOTION,
MILK OF MAGNESIA...
I LIKE ALSO THAT IT DRIES QUICKL, AND DOESN'T LEAVES A WHITE CAST.

AND THIS STOP MY SHINE LIKE 98% ALL DAY LONG, I DON´T HAVE TO BLOT MY FACE EVERY 2 HOURS, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

CONS: HOWEVER THIS MAKES MY MAKEUP LOOK CAKEY AROUND MY NOSE AND UPPER LIP! I GUESS NOTHING CAN BE THAT PERFECT!

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought a sample sachet from the PC website to see if it was worth spending £20+ on the full size. Unfortunately this product was not for me - my face remained shine free for around 3hrs max which is no better than when I used the much cheaper Sleek oil free primer. So my search for a great mattifier continues...

on 4/4/2016 12:55:00 AM

WOW. Ok this product literally stops shine and oiliness IN ITS TRACKS. This stuff is no joke. It will give your skin a soft, matte finish that will last ALL DAY. If you're having trouble combating greasiness and tired of going around looking like a shiny fool, I suggest you give this a try.

The only other mattifying product that has impressed me this much is Murad's Oil-Free Mattifier. This PC lotion is equally effective, but it has a much nicer, lotion-like texture than the Murad.

For reference my skin is combo-oily (leans more toward oily), not sensitive.

My only complaint about this product is that if I use too much it leaves a white cast on my skin. It's still a five-star item nonetheless. This is AMAZING.

Recommended for everyone out there who's battling the shine. Good stuff! A++++

Best primer I have tried so far for my oily skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh wow, why is this product not more popular??? If you have oily skin you NEED this in your life!! After years of searching for a primer to keep my makeup in place I have found it.

Usually my makeup slides off within the hour, my skin is so oily. So when I have a long shift in work I'm constantly blotting and touching up which is a pain. Using this, I can get through an eleven hour shift with only one touch up. It really does keep you matte.

You only need a tiny amount, so for the price it isn't too bad, and you can order a sample size which is always a treat. Hats off to you, Paula's Choice. The sample will last a good 4/5 goes as well if you're careful with it.

I will say it's extremely mattifying, so I wouldn't recommend this for combo skin, or any skin that isn't an oil slick.

on 1/16/2016 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail mattifying product. Love it! Is light and works under my foundation, keeps me matte all day, andwith the coupons/deals (and when I wait for free shipping) it only costs me $13. Definitely recommend it to my fellow oil slicks out there!

I have combo/sensitive skin. I am oily on my nose and chin, so I thought I'd try this out. This did have a smooth/matte feel, but the finish wasn't good. It gummed up in certain areas and didn't help most textural issues. This also seemed to be slightly irritating. I know it wasn't because of my moisturizer as I have sampled other primers with the same base ingredients. Just didn't work well for me.

on 12/24/2015 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

While this product is somewhat pricey for the amount you get, for oily girls, it is essential. I have very complicated skin. Acne prone, sensitive, dry patches, and verrrrry oily. I am slick constantly, grossly shiny even with powder and oil blotting. I have never had matte skin (thanks puberty). This is an absolutely wonderful product and worth the try if your skin is a nasty oil producing pit like mine. I have tried everything. Nothing has worked to keep my skin matte like this. My only advice is moisturize even a bit extra before you use this, and even if you think you are using too little, don't use too much! A pee size amount like suggested on the bottle is perfect. You can also apply this over your makeup to soak up excess oil. I will update my review of anything changes, but so far this is amazing. Highly, highly recommend!!