Paula's Choice Shine Stopper Instant Matte Finish

Paula's Choice Shine Stopper Instant Matte Finish
Paula's Choice Shine Stopper Instant Matte FinishShine Stopper Instant Matte Finish

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG-100 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Glyceryl Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Ceteareth-20, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pretty good for my super oily skin. I still get oily, but this helps some. I find this works better if I rub it in, not pat it in like another reviewer stated. Just let this sink in for a good 10 minutes before applying foundation!

on 3/13/2017 12:31:00 PM

This product contains Myristyl Myristate, which is a HUGE acne no-no. I applied this to my forehead and had whiteheads the next day. Tried it on my chest, had whiteheads the next day. I contacted customer service, and even though I've spent hundreds on PC products and have been a loyal customer for years, they told me to mail it back and they wouldn't refund my return shipping. Not impressed with that level of service - the product gave me acne for God's sake! Beware if you have breakout-prone skin (which MANY people with oily skin will have - duh). PC, I'm totally not happy with you and I'm thinking about changing brands.

on 1/4/2017 4:08:00 AM

amazing stuff! I normally need to blot by 10am and it can be difficult for me to continually blot throughout the day as I get quite busy. On a normal day, by the time I get a chance to look in the mirror around lunchtime, I have a heart attack over how oily and disgusting I look. When I use this, my makeup holds much better and I don't need to blot until the very end of the day. I wasn't expecting miracles because I really am that oily but it's a major improvement to how I was before. A little expensive for the amount you get but you can get $15 off your order using this (Australians only): https://goo.gl/3UNbmr

on 12/19/2016 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am so glad PC have made a product solely for mattifying your face because comparable products are just full of bad alcohols.

I was not expecting miracles but this does a very very good job at keeping oil at bay. My face is literally an oil slick and this has made a considerable difference to my face, I'm 10 hours into my day and only now when I touch my face I have oil coming off on my fingers.

I've bought a range of PC products and have considered them nothing special until this one.

I don't find this makes my pores any better (is it meant to?) but I consider them a lost cause anyway!!

Downside is the price but I will still buy it again.

This really does make your face matte - instantly. I have also been able to apply my sunscreen and foundation over the top of it without it rubbing off or altering how it works. It keeps my face matte for most of the day. I haven't found a similar product that is better than this one. If you live in Australia you can use this code/link to get a $15 discount:

on 11/19/2016 11:26:00 AM

I received a sample of this with a PC order and I am very impressed! I have combination skin with my forehead/t-zone being oily regularly. I usually have to blot my forehead a few times a day to decrease the oil buildup. I wasn't sure how this product would work, but I am very intrigued. I apply it after my morning skin care routine and before primer. I have large pores so I decided to still apply my usual primer on top. You don't need a lot of this, just lightly tap it on to the problem areas and let it set. It has a matte finish and feels almost like cornstarch or something...like powdery but in a liquid form- it's weird...but that is what makes it work. Usually by the end of an 8 hr shift at work even with primer and setting spray my makeup looks like it has worn off and is cakey in the oily areas even with blotting. However, with this product my makeup has literally stayed put ALL DAY. It looks good even at the end of my shift instead of looking like it needs a serious touch-up. My face has a matte finish with this and even though I have continued blotting out of habit, there is much less oil coming off. It definitely has kept the oil at bay while keeping my makeup in place with no caking up due to oil. I am seriously considering purchasing a full size bottle of this, it's been a surprising game-changer in my make up routine. I can also see it working well applying it on top of your make up instead of under, but applying it first has worked for me.

on 8/24/2016 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This product changed the way I look at make up. I have such oily eye lids & t-zone that a lot of products were just no-go. I couldn't wear eyeshadow, mascara, or liner without hourly wiping off smears. This product suddenly made all the difference in the world! Now I look great with eyeshadow that stays just as it was applied, 8 hours later. It helps a lot with mascara & liner, but I still have to use very long wearing products. My foundation stays put much longer & really reduces the t-zone melt down.

on 8/24/2016 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This "primer" works best when used *over* makeup. I keep a tube in my purse and when I get shiny, I use a Clean & Clear oil blotting sheet then dab this product over my t-zone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

Terrific oil absorber - but just use a tiny bit - like the size of a pea or corn kernel. I find I can mix it with foundation such as Ellis Faas Skin Veil Foundation and apply the combo directly (just to the T zone - other wise too drying), or I can apply it AFTER applying Skin Veil foundation by tapping on gently. Either way works well, but the first way saves time, plus you are sure it is well blended.

PS I have not tried it with other foundations to see if it mixes compatibly.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Unequivocally would buy another tube of this if I ran out or my current tube disappeared.

I had a sample and was impressed but waited to review it until I ordered and received my own tube and had tried it a few times to make sure the effect was real and not just my imagination. I can happily report that this product works - but it is a bit finicky and you may have to play with the application technique and order.

I've tried it under makeup and did not see much or any effect. What works for me is to apply my makeup first, then gently pat a small amount of this onto my oily areas - nose and chin mostly. As long as I pat and do not rub, it doesn't seem to affect the makeup underneath, and then the oil and shine will be kept at bay for several hours. No other primer or powder has kept my nose matte for this long. Even when the shine starts coming back, after about 6 to 8 hours or so, it will be a dull shine, not a slick shine, if you know what I mean. Even the texture of my skin feels improved while this product is on - it feels as though my nose and chin have a light, invisible coating of powder on them.

I would give this product 5 lippies if it didn't have a bit of a limited application method to work.