Avon Advance Techniques Frizz Control Lotus Shield

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.7

Avon Advance Techniques Frizz Control Conditioner For All Hair Types Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Parfum, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Peg-2 Dimeadowfoamamidoethylmonium Methosulfate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Choleth-24 , Glycolic Acid, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Glycerin, Propylparaben, Hexylene Glycol , Ceteth-24, Quaternium-33 , C12-14 Pareth-12.

I have frizzy hair and I applied it for the first time after showering and towel drying my hair and it kinda dully dried I applied a little and combed it.. When my hair fully dried there's no frizz at all and stayed frizz-free until my next shower. Love it. It's a miracle.. (Tip: shake well before use.)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Also received as sample. I used half of the pkg on my dry color-treated hair and my hair exploded. I had to use the last precious drops of John Frieda Beach Waves to get it under control. So glad I didn't spend a cent.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The real difference between LOTUS SHIELD and other serums is how Avon claims that the results last through two washes, so this only needs applying every third wash.

The serum is clear and has a lotus fragrance - lovely and fresh - that is hard to distinguish once the product has been applied, apart from the occasional whiff when my hair blows into my face, and my hands aren't left with a greasy film after applying the product, which is a good sign.

No washes: I was stunned. This is the first Avon product I've owned that has delivered the same results as promised. My hair is almost 100% frizz free, feels very silky, doesn't look lank or greasy, didn't tangle overnight [I was ill and spent 12 hours in bed tossing and turning] and feels even more lightweight than usual. Even if the results didn't last after my hair has been washed I'll still re-buy LOTUS SHEILD as I've never used a serum that has worked so well on my hair before.

One wash: I couldn't believe it. My hair still remained almost entirely frizz free and silky after being thoroughly washed. My shampoo and conditioner are good, but my hair was still noticeably easier to manage then normal. It still seemed easier to detangle as well. I usually wash my hair every other day, but have been leaving it for two to three days as I thought the serum would make my hair mega greasy and heavy, so I wanted to see the results. My hair still looked as clean as it did on the day I washed it, every day between it's last wash.

Two washes: The ends of my hair were frizzy after styling - not as much as normal though. By the end of the day there was more frizz.

Three washes: I gave it another day serum-free at first to see if there was any any improvement. My hair looked and felt the same as it did before I started to use LOTUS SHIELD. Verdict? Avon has delivered on their promise.

Avon have always been a hit or miss brand with me and I don't like any of their Advance Techniques range, so I've now been using this product for several months before finishing my review to check for consistency in the results and I'm still very impressed.

I've mentioned this in other haircare reviews; I'm in the process of growing out a disastrous perm, so I'm suffering from more then my regular frizziness - I've got fried hair and look like I've been sticking my finger into electrical sockets. If something is capable of taming the artificial, chemically imposed mess on my head, imagine the results it will give to natural frizz?

When I first read that it will last for up to two washes I thought it'd be heavy and leave a residue that would build up, but so far so good. The only thing I'd caution you with is that the second wash results can vary slightly. It's always given me less frizz then usual, but there is some the majority of the time, whilst other times it can remain frizz free.