NARS Illuminator in Copacabana

NARS Illuminator in Copacabana

4.1

Nars Illuminator in Copacabana is one of my all time favourite highlighters!

Copacabana is a cool toned pink with silver shimmers, which looks beautiful against my very pale skin. It goes on very smoothly, lasts all day and you only need a very small amount. My favourite way to wear this is to mix it in with Thebalm Tinted Moisturiser, it gives my skin a really natural and healthy glow, I have received many compliments whilst wearing this.

Here are my pro's and con's:

Pros:
*Beautiful cool toned pink shade, that compliments my very pale skin tone without any orange or glitter overload.
*You get 30ml and only need to use a small amount so it works out reasonably priced.
*Goes goes very smooth, not patchy or difficult to blend.
*It dries quickly and doesn't budge all day.
*Doesn't cause breakouts or emphasise dry patches/imperfections.

Cons:
To be honest I don't have any cons on this product. I suppose the price is a bit expensive however I do think it is absolutely worth it, my 30ml tube will last me a very long time I'd say!

Highly recommended highlighter and yes, I most definitely would re-purchase!

on 5/27/2016 5:14:00 PM

So impressed with this product, you only need the smallest amount to create a really great dewy and thoroughly highlighted look. I used to use high beam all the time and fancied a change and this was just as good if not better, blends very well but does set quite quickly so blend it in as soon as it goes on. It is slightly paler than high beam but I feel that improves my contour and brightens up my eye.
I do feel the quality of what is underneath the highlighter impacts copacabana more than high beam as it tends to get stuck in my drug store concealer more than high beam. On top of my more luxury products it looks amazing however. Beauty blender or fingertips work well to blend it in.
The product always lasts all day or night.
You can make it as subtle or noticeable as you like depending on how you like your highlighter.
Was really pleased overall.

To Read all 80 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/30/2016 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I really love this product. I have dehydrated skin that lacks a glow and this gives that healthy sheen I search for!

ADVANTAGES:
- Plenty of actual product - 30ml (the amount in an average foundation bottle).
- Very versatile! You can wear this under, over or mixed in with foundation.
- Gives a gorgeous glow - in my opinion, very natural, but can be built up to a more intense sheen.
- A little goes a very long way!
- Transparent packaging so you can keep track on when you need to repurchase.

DISADVANTAGES:
- Not a huge fan on how the packaging actually looks - very practical for squeezing out the right amount of product but a bottle & pump would look more expensive.
- Speaking of expensive... VERY pricey! Although I love the finished result, £23 is a lot for a highlighter.
- Be careful not to apply powder on top/underneath it because the glow will be dulled and blending can be patchy.

on 4/10/2016 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Whoever said Copacabana doesn't suit a warm Asian complexion was so wrong!
I'm a bit of a highlighter fiend and was using Benefit's Sun Beam before I discovered this.
I am always complimented for how dewy I look when I'm wearing it and have convinced a friend (who's a make up artist) to also buy it.

The only thing that annoys me about this product is the packaging. I feel like it should have some sort of nozzle on the end as it would reduce the wastage of product hugely.

on 2/25/2016 6:28:00 PM

This is a great illuminator to use alone to strobe or mix in with your foundation to give a glow from within look. This is reminiscent of the Benefit High Beam. This is a very light product and a little goes a long way.

on 11/12/2015 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

No scent, light airy texture, wears all day long, applies sheerly. The color is a sheer wash of ice pink micro glitter. It's very pretty on the inner corners, brow bone, and on the cheeks.

on 10/5/2015 8:03:00 PM

Really liking this product so far. I've used it both mixed in w/ my foundation and also on my cheekbones/browbone. I like it both ways, though you really have to be careful when using it as just a highlighter- it really shows up, well on me at least. A little goes a long way. I don't use it on my nose bridge either, it just makes my nose look bigger than it is. But in the right areas, or mixed in, I think it looks great.

My foundation that I've been using lately isn't a perfect match for me, but with this mixed in it looks much better on my face.

on 9/30/2015 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

my rating: 9/10

pros:
- beautiful colour for cool-toned skin (it's a soft ballet pink with an almost silvery bent)
- mixes well with most foundations (i like to use liquid illuminator, mixed with foundation, all over the face)
- packaging is a travel-friendly plastic squeeze tube
- foolproof! most liquid highlighters are easy to over-apply and become glittery and hard to blend if you do. this product never turns glittery and blends really well no matter how much you use

cons:
- expensive
- it's easy to get the tube messy with foundation when you're mixing the product with foundation but that's probably just me being clumsy :)

repurchase? yes. the colour is undupable imo and the quality is worth it for me.

I purchased this because of the "Strobing" make-up technique that I have been seeing some of my favourite mua's do. I didn't like how subtle the other Nars Illuminators were and daringly purchase this Illuminator for so-called 'lighter complexions'.

I disagree with the reviews saying the Copacobana Illuminator suits only shades of fairer complexions. On behalf of all the tan/olive skin-toned people, when applied sparingly (and especially in the places where the strobing technique suggests e.g. Cheekbones, Bridge of the Nose, Cupid's Bow, the middle of the Forehead and Brow Bone), it looks INCREDIBLE.

It may come out opaquely pearlescent, like liquid pixie dust but it's true when they say a little goes a long way in creating a stunning shimmer on the face. The few flaws is that it can highlight your pores and for me stays on for a max of 4 hrs - although, I guess it has been a hot summer and I've been sweating a bit!

I love the minimalist packaging nars has but when I opened the box, the product only filled just over half of the bottle which is disappointing considering the price i paid for it. I'm just hoping there was actually 30ml in there! (Although I've seen some other photos of people's illuminators and some of them look like that too)

on 6/24/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

When I first swiped this on the back of my hand I thought it would be too intense for me. It was a dense, intensely shimmery streak of pale lilac white, and much stronger of a highlight effect than Copacabana The Multiple. But after playing around with it I realized how versatile it is, and how easy it is to adjust the intensity depending on how I use it. It's a lovely product and I've been using it in one way or another since I bought it. The color itself is beautiful on my N10 skin, and I haven't experienced any irritation or sensitivity while using it.

Some ways I use it:
*Tapped on as a traditional highlighter on top of foundation. Just a tiny bit blended with fingers on the top of cheekbones, brow bone, cupids bow, and collar bones. This way gives the most subtle effect, and looks glowy rather than outright shimmery.
*Mixed in with a tinted moisturizer or liquid foundation. I use a drop the size of about two rice grains and mix directly into the foundation with a brush, then apply all over. It's an easy way to make a satin or matte foundation look a little dewy without a lot of fuss or having to use an illuminating primer beneath.
*Mixed in with facial sunscreen. A drop or two of this mixed with my facial sunscreen is perfect when I need a little extra something at the beach or hiking. I never wear makeup during those times but sometimes want my skin to look more polished so this is a great option.
*Mixed in with body lotion or body sunscreen. Same thing.... just a few drops in the palm of my hand mixed with lotion or sunscreen and my skin looks healthier and has a pretty glow.

The texture is thin, lightweight, silky, and dries quickly. No stickiness or film, and it doesn't transfer everywhere. A little goes a very long way, but I do like that I have the option of going more intense if needed. It's easy to build up for a super shimmery look. I've even tapped it on under lipgloss just when playing around with it and it's a nice effect.

Packaging is great, I love a simple tube style packaging. It's sanitary, secures well, and travels well too. I want to try Laguna for when I have a faux St. Tropez tan, and maybe Orgasm too. I never expected to enjoy this so much but I even bought one for my cousin as a gift and she's almost gone through her tube faster than me. Great product!