MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Water/Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Caffeine, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Polianthes Tuberousa (Tuberose) Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Silk Powder\Serica\Poudre de Soie, Tourmaline, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-5 Oleate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Phenoxythanol, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Benzoate [December 12, 2010]

on 5/4/2012 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is an antioxidant skin care product, rather than a foundation primer. I finally bought it and am not a bit sorry, despite the insane (to me) price, because it leaves my face feeling like silk. It's a clear-to-translucent-white serum that goes on wet and somewhat sticky, but I only need to use a dime-size puddle of it, and after absorbing it doesn't leave any white streaks, tackiness, or greasiness. (Obviously you can't put foundation on right after applying this -- it needs several minutes to sink in.) It has a slight fresh scent, it doesn't contain parabens or silicones or oils or irritating fragrances, the ascorbyl glucoside in it is apparently a more stable form of vitamin C than the L-ascorbic acid in some other serums, and the opaque black pump bottle should keep the active ingredients from spoiling. Most important, the texture of my skin is now the finest I've had in a few years -- this serum has smoothed and calmed my skin very noticeably, and gives no sign of causing or increasing any of the minor breakouts/bumpiness/roughness/redness I sometimes get. Overall this has improved the clarity of my complexion already. The one major drawback is the price. With that in mind, I'm only using it every other day, but it works well enough for me that the benefits are evident anyway. Excellent product.

This is what I was looking for and I finally find it!
This serum contains vitamin C wich is great to use during the day cause it has antioxidants that fight free radicals and helps skin looks healthy, young and nice, It makes my skin feels so soft and glowy.

Well its a PRE PRIMER, so if you want your fundation last all day you should use a primer after it. I have the perfect instant smooth of CLARINS.

The bottle where it comes is dark wich is great cause the serum doesn´t get oxidized.

Definitly i would repurchase it again.It´s expensive but It´s a great product!

I wanted to love this serum so badly, especially as the ingredients are great and the packaging is perfect and stable. But the problem for me is the texture. It's very runny- which is fine- but also tacky on my skin. I feel like it's sticky and I wish it had a more lotion-feel to it. For that reason I think it's a more mediocre base to my makeup than a creamier primer-serum like Clinique Turnaround or EL Idealist and so I think the search continues.

My skintype: Wacky. Sometimes it's perfect, other times it makes me cry, but for the most part it's sensitive/acne-prone and leaning towards the dry side. With that said, I have been using this product for about 3 weeks now and I love it! Here are my thoughts:

What I like:
-It has that fresh clean scent that MAC skincare is known for.

-This is silicone-free so no worries of oily feeling skin or breakouts.

-Amazing ingredients for soothing irritated skin.

-This moisturizes a great deal on it's own; perfect to replace your heavy moisturizer in the summer or if you are oily!

-Pump dispenser is sanitary and easy to control.

-A little goes a long way!

-Works great under both my mineral foundations and liquid.

-Has a great tightening effect that isn't too potent, but rather comfortably smooths out your complexion.

-Does NOT break me out! Yay!

What some may not like:
-Because of the watery consistency this primer is not ideal for filling in fine lines/deep wrinkles or large pores. (for this I rec. Clarins' instant smoothing primer)

-Even though this is considered a primer I would not rec. this if you are looking for a product that makes your foundation last all day.

-The price.

-Does not have fading effects that you would get from a fading/bleaching cream, but rather illuminates the skin with its skin boosting ingredients. i.e. (green tea/caffeine/gentian and tuberose extract)

I say give this a try, even though I am not a huge serum or primer person this is an amazing skin 'treat' that I even wear on my no makeup days for the skin benefiting ingredients!

Popular Face Skincare Products