MAC Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Water/Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Caffeine, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Polianthes Tuberousa (Tuberose) Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Silk Powder\Serica\Poudre de Soie, Tourmaline, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-5 Oleate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Phenoxythanol, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Benzoate [December 12, 2010]

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My mum bought two of this product a while ago and gave it to me when I first started a foundation routine. Long story short, this is my HG product. I've changed foundations various times but have been using this for more than a year. It's just so good. My skin is combination and this keeps my oily areas free of any oil. The product lasts forever. I use it a lot and after a year I am still using my first bottle although it is worth knowing that during the summer I didn't apply makeup on so I didn't need the product. A little goes a long way, too and I find it quite hydrating which is good for the winter but I also moisturise with the amazing Benefit Moisturizer which I cannot live without. However, this is sadly discontinued so after I finish both bottles I will be looking into a drugstore primer .

I have been using MAC Prep and Prime Brightening Serum for a few months now and I found that I really like the way it makes my skin feel. It has definitely smoothed and evened out my skin tone but hasn't brightened it at all.

I use it twice daily AM and PM then apply moisturizer. It has a nice, light scent and would definitely buy this again, the downfall is that it's a little pricy and doesn't brighten the skin. I would recommend this product to anyone.

on 5/13/2014 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well...
I was in a flight connection at Panama when i needed to buy a primer but my time was running out and i went with a lot of rush to the MAC store at the airport.
The lady gave me this one and when i arrived at home i saw that wasn't what i wanted, but i like to try new things so... Ok, let's do it!

For me it's nothing more than a very very expensive (i paid $54) moisturizer for normal/oily skin. Nothing more, nothing less.
It didn't make my skin brighter, it didn't closed my pores nor reduced them, nothing.
So it's a very very expensive thing that don't do anything more than a regular cheaper product would do.

Noooo, not going to buy this again!

on 4/10/2014 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Not one to spend so much on skin products but this is so very much worth it. I was persuaded to buy this product but refused. So I was given a sample. I tried it and my skin felt really soft and smooth. My skin remained moisturized and glowing lasted throughout the day. I could not believe it. My skin is extra sensitive, surprisingly I had no allergic reaction at all. A bit pricey though. You will need to stock up because the stores always run out

on 2/17/2014 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

AMAZING!!!! This is fantastic! I have worn MAC cosmetics for quite a few years now but I had never heard of this serum before. Then I went to a MAC event and they used it to cover a few age spots that I have on my cheeks (thank God they look like freckles) and I couldn't believe how even my skin tone was immediately. LOVE this serum and I will definitely purchase again!!!

This product is a-mazing! It brigthened my skin and you can really see the difference. Didn't break me out or anything. My skin can really feel that there's something going on when i put this on. The packaging is great as all the mac skincare products. It really pricey though, that's a con, but i think it's worth it. I will totally get another bottle when i finish this one.

on 5/20/2013 4:58:00 PM

I bought this after a friend recommended me it as I have very problematic skin and prone to nasty patches (dry, oily, red, blotchy, dark spots etc).

I have never been one to spend money on products like serums or special creams but after the recommendation from my friend and reading the reviews on here (if i'm ever unsure of a product or I'm tempted to buy I always first reach out to makeupalley.com haha), I thought I'd go for it.

I've been using it morning and evening, (underneath Macs oil control lotion then my foundation, and then after taking my makeup off at night) and I'm loving it. I've only been using it roughly a week and already I've noticed its cleared and evened out my skin and its got a lovely glow to it now. I wouldn't go as far to say its brightened my skin, but, the serum has definitely improved it with the blotchy patches and redness and looks a lot healthier.

I would recommend this definitely, only con is the price as I feel its a little on the expensive side but it still wont stop me purchasing another bottle as already this is becoming a holy grail item in my makeup routine!!!

on 3/18/2013 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great Product!

I had a really bad acne breakout 3 weeks ago from using a primer. Cause alot of cysts and clogged pores on my forehead which left me with alot of acne scars.

The lady at the Mac Counter at The Bay recommended this product. After some research online i decided to buy it.

I've been using this product for about ten days and definitely notice a difference. I'm not sure if its also in combination of other products i use but i feel a difference when using this product. especially after putting it on

The scarring has reduced dramatically. Today is the first day i feel okay to go bare faced without any concealor or powder to work.

The ONLY con about this product it does tend to make my skin a bit oily. Especially in the T zone. I'm hoping in another couple of weeks i can just use this product at night instead of twice a day.

Will DEFINITELY buy this product again. Probably the most effective serum i have ever tried.

on 11/21/2012 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

AWESOME!
It didn't really brighten up my skin and I've used like 4 bottles of this. But it did benefit my skin is looking healthy and staying healthy. It gives me a glow and I can feel when I've stopped using it there's a difference. It can potentially help with spots because of the vitamin C but very minimum.

on 6/21/2012 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

This is my favorite serum! It's very light and absorbs very quickly. I can see the difference that it made on my skin immediately. My face is smoother and has an even tone. I'm on my second bottle, and will use this for life!

Popular Face Skincare Products