MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Water/Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Caffeine, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Polianthes Tuberousa (Tuberose) Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Silk Powder\Serica\Poudre de Soie, Tourmaline, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-5 Oleate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Phenoxythanol, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Benzoate [December 12, 2010]

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My mum bought two of this product a while ago and gave it to me when I first started a foundation routine. Long story short, this is my HG product. I've changed foundations various times but have been using this for more than a year. It's just so good. My skin is combination and this keeps my oily areas free of any oil. The product lasts forever. I use it a lot and after a year I am still using my first bottle although it is worth knowing that during the summer I didn't apply makeup on so I didn't need the product. A little goes a long way, too and I find it quite hydrating which is good for the winter but I also moisturise with the amazing Benefit Moisturizer which I cannot live without. However, this is sadly discontinued so after I finish both bottles I will be looking into a drugstore primer .

I have been using MAC Prep and Prime Brightening Serum for a few months now and I found that I really like the way it makes my skin feel. It has definitely smoothed and evened out my skin tone but hasn't brightened it at all.

I use it twice daily AM and PM then apply moisturizer. It has a nice, light scent and would definitely buy this again, the downfall is that it's a little pricy and doesn't brighten the skin. I would recommend this product to anyone.

on 2/17/2014 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

AMAZING!!!! This is fantastic! I have worn MAC cosmetics for quite a few years now but I had never heard of this serum before. Then I went to a MAC event and they used it to cover a few age spots that I have on my cheeks (thank God they look like freckles) and I couldn't believe how even my skin tone was immediately. LOVE this serum and I will definitely purchase again!!!

on 2/26/2013 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this stuff, it's just a little too expensive in my opinion. smoothes out the skin and makes a big difference when used before moisturizer.

on 11/21/2012 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

AWESOME!
It didn't really brighten up my skin and I've used like 4 bottles of this. But it did benefit my skin is looking healthy and staying healthy. It gives me a glow and I can feel when I've stopped using it there's a difference. It can potentially help with spots because of the vitamin C but very minimum.

on 9/8/2012 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really great product. I've been using it for just under a month and it has really brightened and evened out my skin. The smell is amazing too!

on 6/21/2012 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

This is my favorite serum! It's very light and absorbs very quickly. I can see the difference that it made on my skin immediately. My face is smoother and has an even tone. I'm on my second bottle, and will use this for life!

on 5/4/2012 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is an antioxidant skin care product, rather than a foundation primer. I finally bought it and am not a bit sorry, despite the insane (to me) price, because it leaves my face feeling like silk. It's a clear-to-translucent-white serum that goes on wet and somewhat sticky, but I only need to use a dime-size puddle of it, and after absorbing it doesn't leave any white streaks, tackiness, or greasiness. (Obviously you can't put foundation on right after applying this -- it needs several minutes to sink in.) It has a slight fresh scent, it doesn't contain parabens or silicones or oils or irritating fragrances, the ascorbyl glucoside in it is apparently a more stable form of vitamin C than the L-ascorbic acid in some other serums, and the opaque black pump bottle should keep the active ingredients from spoiling. Most important, the texture of my skin is now the finest I've had in a few years -- this serum has smoothed and calmed my skin very noticeably, and gives no sign of causing or increasing any of the minor breakouts/bumpiness/roughness/redness I sometimes get. Overall this has improved the clarity of my complexion already. The one major drawback is the price. With that in mind, I'm only using it every other day, but it works well enough for me that the benefits are evident anyway. Excellent product.

on 4/25/2012 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

This product is awesome in the summer for a variety of uses, but as a real face primer, not really.

Usually I use a Silicone based primer, but in the summer it just looks bad on my skin. Some days I use this and put a tinted moisturizer over it, or just wear it alone. It really does brighten my skin, and its good to have in my makeup bag.

The price is just awful!! It is a quality purchase, but it hurts a bit when you go to re up on it. Especially when you think about how much product you actually get. Sigh.

This is what I was looking for and I finally find it!
This serum contains vitamin C wich is great to use during the day cause it has antioxidants that fight free radicals and helps skin looks healthy, young and nice, It makes my skin feels so soft and glowy.

Well its a PRE PRIMER, so if you want your fundation last all day you should use a primer after it. I have the perfect instant smooth of CLARINS.

The bottle where it comes is dark wich is great cause the serum doesnīt get oxidized.

Definitly i would repurchase it again.Itīs expensive but Itīs a great product!