MAC Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
MAC Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Water/Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Caffeine, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Polianthes Tuberousa (Tuberose) Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Silk Powder\Serica\Poudre de Soie, Tourmaline, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-5 Oleate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Phenoxythanol, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Benzoate [December 12, 2010]

I'm seriously distraught, this is my favorite serum but the MAC lady at Macy's just told me they discontinued it????? Please don't let this be true because it's just so perfect! Full of amazing ingredients that never brow me out or caused any irritation.

on 5/13/2014 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well...
I was in a flight connection at Panama when i needed to buy a primer but my time was running out and i went with a lot of rush to the MAC store at the airport.
The lady gave me this one and when i arrived at home i saw that wasn't what i wanted, but i like to try new things so... Ok, let's do it!

For me it's nothing more than a very very expensive (i paid $54) moisturizer for normal/oily skin. Nothing more, nothing less.
It didn't make my skin brighter, it didn't closed my pores nor reduced them, nothing.
So it's a very very expensive thing that don't do anything more than a regular cheaper product would do.

Noooo, not going to buy this again!

It is a transparent serum that comes in a pump bottle which is very handy. It goes on smooth and leaves your face a bit wet, so you need time to let it sink in if you are going to apply it before your make up. Guess it can be used both in the morning or in the evening.
The effect is good, at least for my combination skin somewhat prone to acne. Not sure how it would work for skin with more serious problems. I notice that when using the serum my face looks clearer and brighter. No miracle, and yet a difference can be noticed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have very fair, sensitive, acne prone skin. I bought this because I wanted to use something under my moisturizer in the AM that would be good for my skin. I am currently using the regular strength acne system from Paula's Choice and although it's been keeping my skin clear, I noticed it was causing it to dry out a little as well. I really wasnt expecting much from this product, but I have to say that I really am blown away! My skin is brighter, more even toned and luminous. This does not make me break out and smells really good. I seriously cannot believe how great my skin looks after I started using this a few weeks ago. This also helps my makeup glid on, or at least for me it helped my foundation not looks so heavy and cakey. I am truley impressed with this product and would recomend it, especialy because my skin is such a pain and usally rebells against what I put on my face by doing the exact opposit then what the product claims it will do!

Popular Face Skincare Products